• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Universal ROOT in 3 steps - Level: Asian

Search This thread

orst3n

Jul 7, 2013
Malans / Switzerland
Yup i did.. Sry for the german parts but it should be okay and is Wirkung for a short time..

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1373287849876.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373287849876.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 370
Reactions: disadjusted

linc1982

Jun 4, 2012
ringstead
Like i said im Losing root then.. Keeping the Chinese su binary wont make ans trouble besides a maleware warning by avast

did you disable your antivirus

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

I meant update superuser binsry sfter you've installed it

Bin4ry Finary sent from my Samsung galaxy music GT S6010 using xda premium

orst3n

Jul 7, 2013
Malans / Switzerland
all u said i already did (just like i said) and wasnt really helpfull, but thanks anyway.. i managed it on my own (the kinguser App is trying to keep the kinguser su binary. some blocking and then deleting did the trick, im fully english rooted without chinese trash/maleware in it :) thanks for this nice tutorial..

disadjusted

Jul 18, 2012
Eastbourne
all u said i already did (just like i said) and wasnt really helpfull, but thanks anyway.. i managed it on my own (the kinguser App is trying to keep the kinguser su binary. some blocking and then deleting did the trick, im fully english rooted without chinese trash/maleware in it :) thanks for this nice tutorial..

You are right, i should add "fc Chinese programs" to the tutorial... *noted*

Perhaps with greenify... or how did you block it?

Thx for feedback!

Sent from my hands using my brains

math_green20

Nov 7, 2012
I used this method to root my Hp Slate 7 tablet, everything went fine, however i only have root access in the Os.
I'm having some problems with a few adb commands.
Adb shell, then su -l works fine
Bu when i try to remount a r/o filesystem as r/w i get permission denied.
Adb root also gives me an error about not having root access on a production build.
Can anyone help me?

Sent from my Xperia Play using xda app-developers app

kibaruk

Sep 8, 2012
Copiapo
this is what i used they should work for you too my friend.....http://adbdriver.com/downloads/

i dont suppose you know of any cwm recovery for this device... iv searched everywhere......

iv managed to root and deodex the stock rom but gettin board now lol....just hope someone decides to develop for this tab.....fingers crossed....

Hi I'm having troubles with the driver it says it's uncompatible with Windows 8 x64, please I need help.

Moroboro also won't recognize the device saying driver not found, I have a HP Slate 7 4600

Roulitsas

Jul 26, 2007
Hey there guys...

Just to help out others cause i faced the issue of the chinise apks not being able to be deleted.

The order and the actions that you have to do, are those:

a) After having the device rooted, install Superuser or Supersu from Android Market.
1) If you choose superuser, download the superuser fix also (available also in the Android Market). Run the superuserfix after the installation and choose "Force" and then hit on "FIX" button. When the king root app ask for permissions from you about the superuserfix app, hit the LEFT button. When finished, goto step b).
2) If you choose supersu from Android Market, after the installation launch it and it will ask to update the binary. At that moment, do the same as in 1) and hit the LEFT button when it asks for your permission.

b) Exit any "root" application you might have open, (superuser fix or supersu) and goto Settings --> Apps --> Select Running Tab --> and hit one of the chinese app (located at the bottom of the page). Hit "Clear Cache" then "Force Close" and then "Disable". Do the same for all the Chinese apps that are running.

c) Reboot your device, and you will notice an informational dialog sayng that Android is being updated. This is the part that the superuser or supersu binaries, are doing what they are supposed to do (and without the help of the king-chinese app).

d) Open a file explorer like Astro File manager of EX File Explorer, goto System --> Apps and delete King*.apk and the others that is something like piki*** and has an icon with chinese letters on it.

e) Do a reboot and... voila... you are done.

You can check you are rooted, by using the "Basic Root Checker" apk from the Android Market.

I hope i helped...!!!

Reactions: disadjusted

kibaruk

Sep 8, 2012
Copiapo

Already figured it out the other day, I made a simpler guide which doesnt involve bricking risk and where you don't need chinese software you have no idea what to do with.

Once you install the ADB drivers it pretty much works with any other device (Did almost the same with my MSI Windpad 7), here it is just in case you are interested in checking it out ;)

For the HP Slate 7 users I just made a guide on how to install ADB drivers and how to safely root it, it's right here.

EDIT: Thanks sorry forgot to thank you for your time!!

Last edited:

junglistknot

Jan 31, 2013
I am pleased to say this worked on my Ematic EM63 tablet thank you so much. I am just stuck trying to replace su binary with the english one. Could you please help?

disadjusted

Jul 18, 2012
Eastbourne
I am pleased to say this worked on my Ematic EM63 tablet thank you so much. I am just stuck trying to replace su binary with the english one. Could you please help?

this has been so easy for me...

try to install ONE of those... i think they will try to update your su-binaries automatically. all you have to do is grant permissions (can't remember if left or right chinese button, just try!)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noshufou.android.su

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noshufou.android.su

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.supersu

PS: check the post on top of this page, it describes the whole procedure!!!

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2013
Root Access HP slate 21

Tried the root option on a HP Slate 21-s100 in the first post in this forum.
I use a A male - A male USB cable and have succesfully ADB access with modifiate google usb drivers.
But no luck to get root access...:rolleyes:

Vladi71

Jan 11, 2014
Great guide and tools, but unfortunately it didn't work for my phone.

It's a Hero H2000+ that I managed to put su and busybox into /system/bin via debugfs, but there's no way in hell I can make this phone remount /system in read-write mode. Everything else remounts rw just fine (ie. root folder "/" "/data/", .... except for /system).

Do you happen to know what might be causing this?

Thank you.

Yeah, same problem here, couldn't get rid of the KingUser.apk thingy.

`mount -o remount,rw /system`
then
' rm -fr KingUser.apk '

did the trick for me.

best regards!

elhefe

Feb 17, 2011
i don't get step 7.
when shuame appeared on my phone, i fired the Root from Shuame in windows.
it asks me if i want to root. then it starts doing stuff. I see RootGenius showing up in the phone. the phone restarts.
then i get asked "Press Restore on your phone" and it has a GREEN BUTTON with no text in it.
I don't know if I have to press restore in the phone and then press the green button or viceversa but I've tried both, and everytime is the same result after the Root finishes:
"Your phone is really really tough. Root Failed"

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    While searching for a method to root the JB build for the yarvik tablet of my family (usual methods have not been successful), i stumbled upon the following Windows based method that now i want to share and should work with a lot more devices:

On your PC:

1. Install USB/ADB drivers from your manufacturer's website

2. Install & connect via http://www.moborobo.com Management Tools, loads own device specific ADB-drivers

3. Download & install this Chinese piece of software from http://www.shuame.com/en/root/

Further steps obsolete, because they're offering an english Root-Tool now.

But for the sake of completion, they will remain here:

In case you don't understand what you do:

- On Website press blue download-button with arrow pointing downwards
    - During Installation uncheck every checkbox except the one that grays out the next-button upon unchecking

the download has been a bit slow for me (10kb/sec), if it fails or the take it offline: drop a comment, perhaps i can share the setup file somehow ;)

4. On your device: turn on USB-debugging

On your PC:

5. Run Moborobo Software, then plug your device to USB-Port, wait until Moborobo has recognized it (in my case i had to click some dialogues...)

6. Run freshly installed software from Shuame.com (titled Ë¢»ú¾«Áé in my start menu)

7. When shuame-Logo appears on your device's screen, head on the windows-software towards the 4th icon in the top row; on the appearing screen click on the 4th icon in the 2nd icon-row (the android with some chinese signs + ROOT as title)

on your device:

8. download SuperUser (or superSU) from Market or install via other sources (if not already done)

9. replace asian root / su files (recognized as older versions) with newer ones by SuperUser or superSU

10. delete 2 chinese shuame-APKs from /system/apps directory or uninstall via Titanium Backup

11. => you're done.

if more than 10 People complain they can't find the right button's to click

then i'm willing to post a few screenshots...

else: have fun!

oh, and if this worked for you: drop a comment and let the others know!

PS: props go out to the yarvik forum where i found this: http://forum.yarvik.com/showthread.php?4243-root-after-upgrade-to-4-1-1&p=12972&viewfull=1#post12972
    i have just rooted my hp slate 7 with this tool......i ran this then ran unlockroot tool i am now fully rooted....
    well played my friend good find....now all i need is a nice shiny new rom to go with it lol....
    hy, i just bought a slate 7 too, but i can't find the usb drivers.. can you point them to me?? thanks ;)

this is what i used they should work for you too my friend.....http://adbdriver.com/downloads/

i dont suppose you know of any cwm recovery for this device... iv searched everywhere......

iv managed to root and deodex the stock rom but gettin board now lol....just hope someone decides to develop for this tab.....fingers crossed....
    Thank you sir, gonna try this late.
    No, i didn't see any custom recovery for this tablet, I think that it's because it's pretty new. But until now i love it. The only thing i saw was a "blank" forum thread on another forum which i can't recall right now, but i think you already saw that, if not i'm gonna link it to you.
    (sorry for the OT ;) )

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using xda premium

Yeah I've seen the thread....and your welcome mate.... I'll let you know if I come across any ROMs......or Recovery's...
    Yup i did.. Sry for the german parts but it should be okay and is Wirkung for a short time..