Universal ROOT in 3 steps - Level: Asian

Search This thread

disadjusted

Jul 18, 2012
Eastbourne
Woohoo, pretty much activity here since a few days.

Due to i'm currently in a hospital i'm going to make some Screenshots as soon as i'm at my pc again and have the tablet around.

One thing i can tell you for sure: you can't fully brick your device this way. There's always a protected bootloader remaining to at least recover to the stock rom of your vendor.

Rooting can be tricky with some devices but as your tablet mate wrote, you can't do any harm with trying. Only thing you might consider is backing up important data :)

Sent from my hands using my brains

disadjusted

Jul 18, 2012
Eastbourne
Hi,
root is working on my POV MOBII 1325 13.3" !!

BUT........

it's hard without screenshot about deleting chinese apk and replace kinguser_su with superSU...

(9. replace asian root / su files (recognized as older versions) with newer ones by SuperUser or superSU

10. delete 2 chinese shuame-APKs from /system/apps directory or uninstall via Titanium Backup)

please...... screenshots are welcome because I tried to do that but then I lose root !!

regards

alansan2013

9. should be done automatically... Use the update mechanism :)

10. The apks are easy to find due to their Chinese labeling... Some roms can't display Chinese signs properly and show distorted signs (like ¥&©~¿%¬#.apk) instead, but you should easily be able to distinguish them from the apks of your rom :)

Sent from my hands using my brains

linc1982

Jun 4, 2012
ringstead
While searching for a method to root the JB build for the yarvik tablet of my family (usual methods have not been successful), i stumbled upon the following Windows based method that now i want to share and should work with a lot more devices:

On your PC:

1. Install USB/ADB drivers from your manufacturer's website

2. Install & connect via http://www.moborobo.com Management Tools, loads own device specific ADB-drivers

3. Download & install this Chinese piece of software from http://www.shuame.com/

In case you don't understand what you do:

- On Website press blue download-button with arrow pointing downwards
- During Installation uncheck every checkbox except the one that grays out the next-button upon unchecking

the download has been a bit slow for me (10kb/sec), if it fails or the take it offline: drop a comment, perhaps i can share the setup file somehow ;)

4. On your device: turn on USB-debugging

On your PC:

5. Run Moborobo Software, then plug your device to USB-Port, wait until Moborobo has recognized it (in my case i had to click some dialogues...)

6. Run freshly installed software from Shuame.com (titled Ë¢»ú¾«Áé in my start menu)

7. When shuame-Logo appears on your device's screen, head on the windows-software towards the 4th icon in the top row; on the appearing screen click on the 4th icon in the 2nd icon-row (the android with some chinese signs + ROOT as title)

on your device:

8. download SuperUser (or superSU) from Market or install via other sources (if not already done)

9. replace asian root / su files (recognized as older versions) with newer ones by SuperUser or superSU

10. delete 2 chinese shuame-APKs from /system/apps directory or uninstall via Titanium Backup

11. => you're done.

if more than 10 People complain they can't find the right button's to click

then i'm willing to post a few screenshots...

else: have fun!

oh, and if this worked for you: drop a comment and let the others know!

PS: props go out to the yarvik forum where i found this: http://forum.yarvik.com/showthread.php?4243-root-after-upgrade-to-4-1-1&p=12972&viewfull=1#post12972

Bin4ry Finary sent from my Samsung galaxy music GT S6010 using xda premium

saihia

Jun 12, 2013
Does it works at a phone made from America but reassembled in China. Like this one:

O plus 8.36
Android version: 4.1.1 (jelly bean)
Build number: ZA350AA_086AA_V8_0_3
CPU frequency: 1001 Mhz
Kernel version: 3.4.0
queen@queen-scm))
#1PREEMPT Fri Mar1
21:30:45 CST 2013

haynz

Feb 13, 2011
near Würzburg (30km)
K - just delete the chinese superuser app (Kinguser.APK or "&!%§$?") and DON'T uninstall it after updating su-binary by Superuser from Market.
This works at my S6010.

MrCabana

Jun 21, 2013
Great guide and tools, but unfortunately it didn't work for my phone.

It's a Hero H2000+ that I managed to put su and busybox into /system/bin via debugfs, but there's no way in hell I can make this phone remount /system in read-write mode. Everything else remounts rw just fine (ie. root folder "/" "/data/", .... except for /system).

Do you happen to know what might be causing this?

Thank you.

orst3n

Jul 7, 2013
Malans / Switzerland
hi guys! im pretty new to this android rooting stuff(comming from jailbreaking :p)

i also try to get my hp slate 7 rooted. but unfortionally the rooting process in shaume is stuck at like 50% and my tablet screen is getting blank, (to restart i have to push volume and power buttons. waht the heck im doing wrong here?

drifter94

Jul 18, 2012
Torino Italy
hi guys! im pretty new to this android rooting stuff(comming from jailbreaking :p)

i also try to get my hp slate 7 rooted. but unfortionally the rooting process in shaume is stuck at like 50% and my tablet screen is getting blank, (to restart i have to push volume and power buttons. waht the heck im doing wrong here?

Well i had the same problem over and over again and then after a small update in software (official) and a factory reset it worked.. i'm not saying that these are the steps, i'm just saying what happened to me.. .. you could try uninstalling moborobo and shaume and reinstalling them.. there isn't a proper way of doing this.. just gotta keep trying

Sent from my unknown using xda app-developers app

SwannyBhoy

Jan 25, 2012
Dont worry I get that everytime... turn it off and turn it back on and keep pressing root. Repeat each step until you get it.

Ive notice when starting the root process there is a percentage at the bottom right of shuame. Gunna test it until its 100% then start root.

Ive had the scary black screen alot so its not an easy brick device.

Good luck trying to gain English root! I still havent lol. Not had much time to try.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium

disadjusted

Jul 18, 2012
Eastbourne
sorry didn't had time supporting this either, but those having problems replacing chinese root apks by english ones, did you check if /system partition is mounted rw (read/write) and not ro (read only)?

iraquois

Jul 7, 2013
Slate 7

I follow the steps, dowload the Shuame identified connected, but no works seems like the shuame is not able to find the ROM's for the HP slate 7,

any suggestion??? my Chinese is nil so I cannot go further in there.

Thanks in advance

orst3n

Jul 7, 2013
Malans / Switzerland
thanks for the answer i managed to get my stuff rooted with shaume. but if i wanna delete the kingsu.apk im losing root access.. The root is already gone if i wont grand access for kingsu with the new superuser app

Last edited:

linc1982

Jun 4, 2012
ringstead
Install superuser from the playstore, reboot your phone, wait for permissions then uninstall the Chinese software

Bin4ry Finary sent from my Samsung galaxy music GT S6010 using xda premium

orst3n

Jul 7, 2013
Malans / Switzerland
Like i said im Losing root then.. Keeping the Chinese su binary wont make ans trouble besides a maleware warning by avast

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    While searching for a method to root the JB build for the yarvik tablet of my family (usual methods have not been successful), i stumbled upon the following Windows based method that now i want to share and should work with a lot more devices:

On your PC:

1. Install USB/ADB drivers from your manufacturer's website

2. Install & connect via http://www.moborobo.com Management Tools, loads own device specific ADB-drivers

3. Download & install this Chinese piece of software from http://www.shuame.com/en/root/

Further steps obsolete, because they're offering an english Root-Tool now.

But for the sake of completion, they will remain here:

In case you don't understand what you do:

- On Website press blue download-button with arrow pointing downwards
    - During Installation uncheck every checkbox except the one that grays out the next-button upon unchecking

the download has been a bit slow for me (10kb/sec), if it fails or the take it offline: drop a comment, perhaps i can share the setup file somehow ;)

4. On your device: turn on USB-debugging

On your PC:

5. Run Moborobo Software, then plug your device to USB-Port, wait until Moborobo has recognized it (in my case i had to click some dialogues...)

6. Run freshly installed software from Shuame.com (titled Ë¢»ú¾«Áé in my start menu)

7. When shuame-Logo appears on your device's screen, head on the windows-software towards the 4th icon in the top row; on the appearing screen click on the 4th icon in the 2nd icon-row (the android with some chinese signs + ROOT as title)

on your device:

8. download SuperUser (or superSU) from Market or install via other sources (if not already done)

9. replace asian root / su files (recognized as older versions) with newer ones by SuperUser or superSU

10. delete 2 chinese shuame-APKs from /system/apps directory or uninstall via Titanium Backup

11. => you're done.

if more than 10 People complain they can't find the right button's to click

then i'm willing to post a few screenshots...

else: have fun!

oh, and if this worked for you: drop a comment and let the others know!

PS: props go out to the yarvik forum where i found this: http://forum.yarvik.com/showthread.php?4243-root-after-upgrade-to-4-1-1&p=12972&viewfull=1#post12972
    i have just rooted my hp slate 7 with this tool......i ran this then ran unlockroot tool i am now fully rooted....
    well played my friend good find....now all i need is a nice shiny new rom to go with it lol....
    hy, i just bought a slate 7 too, but i can't find the usb drivers.. can you point them to me?? thanks ;)

this is what i used they should work for you too my friend.....http://adbdriver.com/downloads/

i dont suppose you know of any cwm recovery for this device... iv searched everywhere......

iv managed to root and deodex the stock rom but gettin board now lol....just hope someone decides to develop for this tab.....fingers crossed....
    Thank you sir, gonna try this late.
    No, i didn't see any custom recovery for this tablet, I think that it's because it's pretty new. But until now i love it. The only thing i saw was a "blank" forum thread on another forum which i can't recall right now, but i think you already saw that, if not i'm gonna link it to you.
    (sorry for the OT ;) )

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using xda premium

Yeah I've seen the thread....and your welcome mate.... I'll let you know if I come across any ROMs......or Recovery's...
    Yup i did.. Sry for the german parts but it should be okay and is Wirkung for a short time..