Unknown baseband version

Search This thread

potyqa

May 27, 2017
So this morning I woke up and the screen on my phone wouldn't want to light up. I held down the power button, the phone powered on but the screen turned off immediately. I flashed another kernel, reflashed the rom and wiped the cache and dalvik a couple of times before that. Now the baseband version is unknown and I have no IMEI nor MAC address. I flashed miui but it wants me to put in my MI account password but I can't since I have no way to connect to the internet. And to connect to the internet I need to fix the EFS partition. But to do that I need to boot miui properly. So I find myself in this vicious circle. I've deleted setupwizard from system but it still says the device is locked. So my question is: can I flash and old version of miui oreo on top of miui pie because I remember deleting setupwizard worked back in the day? I think it should work because both roms are on ARB4 but I'm afraid I'll brick the phone. I've found this method to fix the IMEI
but any help for that too will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance :)
edit: I've successfully downgraded from pie to oreo but that's as far as I got. I followed this guide {Mod edit: Link to paid services website removed. Oswald Boelcke, Senior Moderator} but unfortunately I can't read or write any IMEI data. I can't try it on miui for the aforementioned reasons. I'm stuck, someone please help me! My situation is pretty much the same as this https://xdaforums.com/redmi-note-3/help/stuck-connect-to-network-to-activate-t3708685 but my phone doesn't recognize anything and so I can't get into the phone to try and flash the xqcn file.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for your misfortune...
You could try to flash the modem file, NON-HLOS.bin.
Put your phone in fastboot mode. In your adb fastboot folder you should have the modem file. It should be as close to your rom version as posibile.
Open a cmd prompt inside adb folder and enter following commands:
fastboot devices
fastboot erase modem
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot reboot

Press enter after each command!
Hope it helps.
Good luck!

Author must already solved his issue as long as he never wrote anything after the first post from June...

Last edited:

potyqa

May 27, 2017
Sorry for your misfortune...
You could try to flash the modem file, NON-HLOS.bin.
Put your phone in fastboot mode. In your adb fastboot folder you should have the modem file. It should be as close to your rom version as posibile.
Open a cmd prompt inside adb folder and enter following commands:
fastboot devices
fastboot erase modem
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot reboot
Press enter after each command!
Hope it helps.
Good luck!

Author must already solved his issue as long as he never wrote anything after the first post from June...
Hi, I'm the author and I never managed to solved the problem because I could not restore a backup through QPST or QFIL and those were the only methods that I found. But I never tried anything in fastboot. I sent the broken phone for a warranty repair and they sent me a new one. I hope you can help the guy above :)

rtm2000

Mar 6, 2017
Thanks for the replies...
The fastboot method didnt work....still stuck on unknown baseband...
as far as service centre is considered they are asking like 60% of the phones original price to fix...
I am screwed...aint I??

potyqa

May 27, 2017
No I don't...they say I have voided my warranty by flashing other roms...
If you flash MIUI and lock the bootloader, they won't know that you ever flashed a custom rom and you can lie that an update broke it. But you should go to another service center so that they don't remember that you told them about the custom roms