• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Unknown brand for Citroen C5 ( New Android 9 )

Search This thread

cbadk

Aug 1, 2008
www.myzone.dk
Hi XDA

We bought a new android head unit ( https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Bes...103320.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.4cbf3c006VNKDW) for our Citroen C5 2010 and it works great. Seems like the CANBUS support is way better now, than just 2-4 years ago in the old Android car radios. It detects when doors are open etc. Pretty cool :D.

I have a few question and maybe some of you might be able to answer.

1) The cable that supplies the USB connector ( on the picture ) also splits out into a grey cable. I was wondering if any of you have seen this cable before and know what it is for?

2) I'm still trying to figure out what brand of radio this is. Maybe someone can help with that?

// cbadk

Attachments

• c5-radio-usb.jpg
    c5-radio-usb.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 131

Bo03

Jan 10, 2018
Sydney
Picture of the grey connector would help.
Is there a diagram illustrating connection to the unit?

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

Jun 10, 2008
Color wise it looks like USB, 2 power pins and 2 data pins. You could check if there are 5 volts between red and black.

I found your thread because I'm also considering a Android headunit for my C5 III (2009). What radio was installed before and was the display a drop-in replacement or where any modifications necessary? Are you still satisfied with the unit?