• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

"UNKNOWN" caller ID problem

Search This thread

Kevindiepenmaat

May 26, 2008
Borne

Master One

Jan 31, 2011
Europe
I don't agree, like i said and also in the topic on the unknown caller ID., the problem occurs on custom Roms but not on stock ROM (miui). Then the same firmware is used. So that rules out the firmware from my point of view.
Stock ROM didn't even use or offer a setting for Enhanced 4G, at least that's what I saw on my POCO X3 NFC, so no wonder that it did not occur on stock ROM (MIUI). Since stock ROM uses the same firmware the problem is the same (and the used ROM does not have any influence on the provide profiles).

Kevindiepenmaat

May 26, 2008
Borne
Stock ROM didn't even use or offer a setting for Enhanced 4G, at least that's what I saw on my POCO X3 NFC, so no wonder that it did not occur on stock ROM (MIUI). Since stock ROM uses the same firmware the problem is the same (and the used ROM does not have any influence on the provide profiles).

I do agree when the option is not presented then the problem does not occur. Having that said. Who says that the issue is not an provider issue. I mean we are using an service of theirs. With a custom ROM we can enable functions that probably not supported ( according to my provider KPN, they don't offer calling via enhanced LTE for certain models, this will change though).

Master One

Jan 31, 2011
Europe
I do agree when the option is not presented then the problem does not occur. Having that said. Who says that the issue is not an provider issue. I mean we are using an service of theirs. With a custom ROM we can enable functions that probably not supported ( according to my provider KPN, they don't offer calling via enhanced LTE for certain models, this will change though).
It's a known problem not only with Xiaomi devices. Not sure who to blame, might be the providers' fault as well.

Anyway, if it doesn't work, the workaround is to disable the "Enhanced LTE" feature or to correct the issue in the provider settings using the QPST PDC Tool.

Reactions: Kevindiepenmaat

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have the same issue

Strange but true, i do have the same problem, i have it with an Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro.

When i am on stock it is no problem at all but any custom rom has this issue. Firmware does nog make a difference.

I have the same issue with 9t pro using pixel experience rom

MIUI 11 AND 12 working just fine

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

I just solved the issue, by disabling 4g/volte call funxtion on the sim card that has the issue

Thanks .. that works for me
    9t pro with pixel experience rom
    It's a known problem not only with Xiaomi devices. Not sure who to blame, might be the providers' fault as well.

Anyway, if it doesn't work, the workaround is to disable the "Enhanced LTE" feature or to correct the issue in the provider settings using the QPST PDC Tool.