[Unknown] China Device P40 Pro+

ronnyst

Mar 19, 2018
Dear XDA-Dev-Community,

i have here a china-import with a supposed Android 10.
I would like to install a linaege or other ROM, but which one should I use?
Can you help me?
Basic knowledge for installing and testing is available...

In the appendix you can find some pictures for evaluation.

IMG_20201209_134055.jpg
IMG_20201209_134139.jpg
IMG_20201209_134249.jpg
IMG_20201209_134540.jpg
IMG_20201209_134548.jpg

Last edited:

ronnyst

Mar 19, 2018
Nobody can help?

Maybe I can build my own Custom Rom for this device?
What i hove to do? Save the Drivers?!?!
Anybody know a good guide for me?

Seppppx

Jul 27, 2019
So can i build a custom rom by extract the drivers and AOSP? Is this possible with beginner skills on coding?
I might be able to help. The kernel source is missing, but there are some device trees for other mt6580 phones. I will try to craft a device tree for this phone.

For now i need these things:
1. The android version.
2. raw dd'ed boot image of the device
3. raw dd'ed system image of the device

ronnyst

Mar 19, 2018
I might be able to help. The kernel source is missing, but there are some device trees for other mt6580 phones. I will try to craft a device tree for this phone.
Thanks a lot! I will deliver how fast i can. But this took a long time and i get some troubles:

1. The android version.
Labeld as Android 10, but it's a fake. It looks like Android 6 / Marshmallow
here the trouble beginns...

Unbenannt.png

[/QUOTE]

So i tried to get root by some tools, from this site here:

But nothing works! by adb sideload or apk-install...

Some advice? :(

BruizerBG

Jan 1, 2021
I have the exact same phone, same issues as Ronny has. Have made a backup image of the phone but it's quite large in size ( over 5gb broken into 3 files). Would this be of use in in figuring out how to Root the phone?
B

Reactions: ronnyst

ronnyst

Mar 19, 2018
Have made a backup image of the phone but it's quite large in size ( over 5gb broken into 3 files).
Yeah, i´m not alone ;D
Would like to hear how you done this!

And my offer to host your files for downloading on my nextcloud instance.
Could give you an uploadlink (password save) and publish the link here...

BruizerBG

Jan 1, 2021

1. The android version.

Hi Seppppx, I have this phone with Android 5.1 on it. I use Linux so I am assuming I can set the phone up and do the dd's via an adb command?
Any guidance you can give on the correct way to do this would be good and I can try and get the files available for you .
B

BruizerBG

Jan 1, 2021
Yeah, i´m not alone ;D
Would like to hear how you done this!

And my offer to host your files for downloading on my nextcloud instance.
Could give you an uploadlink (password save) and publish the link here...
Hi Ronny, you can backup the files on the phone by entering Recovery mode. Switch off the phone. Then, at the same time, hold down the power and volume up buttons down until a small menu appears in the middle of the screen. Choose the recovery option, volume up scrolls through the list, volume down selects which option you want from recovery, fastboot or normal. You'll have a android image pop up, maybe with the message "no command " , just wait or press the same button combination again and the recovery menu should appear . In the list will be the system or user files backup. I see from your images though that you have already figured most of the out.
That only gives us no. 3 of the files that Seppppx needs so I have asked him how to get the bootloader dump.
B

Reactions: ronnyst

ronnyst

Mar 19, 2018
Hi Seppppx, I have this phone with Android 5.1 on it. I use Linux so I am assuming I can set the phone up and do the dd's via an adb command?
At first: You need to be root do dd boot and systemimages. After you got it you get try this:

But i tried this and i failed because a doesn´t have su (root). So i tried to use adb push but even then i cant access the Boot/system-image folders (cause no root). See my previous posts for...

ronnyst

Mar 19, 2018
Hi Ronny, you can backup the files on the phone by entering Recovery mode. Switch off the phone. Then, at the same time, hold down the power and volume up buttons down until a small menu appears in the middle of the screen. Choose the recovery option, volume up scrolls through the list, volume down selects which option you want from recovery, fastboot or normal. You'll have a android image pop up, maybe with the message "no command " , just wait or press the same button combination again and the recovery menu should appear . In the list will be the system or user files backup.
That only gives us no. 3 of the files that Seppppx needs so I have asked him how to get the bootloader dump.
B
Just look at my pictures from previous posts... I´d already done this...

whizpopthat

Aug 9, 2016
Also, I forgot to mention that I was looking through the adb pull screen shot and even though I do not currently have root I can still cd to /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/ without viewing contents but when i try to cd by-name there is no directory by that name.... I want to be able to achieve root and also possibly make a custom rom for this device and I'm willing to follow any suggestions anybody has. Clearly the boot.img and such are in a different directory but I'm going to have to do more digging.

whizpopthat

Aug 9, 2016
sorry no updates. we (BruizerBG and me) aren´t able to dd the boot partition.
I would be happy for any advice or help!!!
I'm trying to find some time to do some digging about finding the boot partition because as I stated in my last post the by-name dir doesn't exist but obviously we are unable to find out which dirs do exist without root... If I come up with something I will be sure to let you know.