Question Unlimited photos mod

Search This thread

LLStarks

Jun 1, 2012
It's not worth editing your build prop or installing Magisk modules to make this work. If your phone pretends it's a Pixel 1, it can start losing newer features that rely on the phone identifying itself as a Pixel 6.

The Pixel 1 upload slave device is the only decent way to do this. Just have it sit on wifi and sync daily. If you're clever, you can probably set up a whole automation procedure.

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I used to keep my and my wife's old Pixel 1s syncing photos from our (now old) newer phones using the free SyncThing, however at least some things were still definitely taking up Drive space from Google Photos. Enough that I gave up on the idea. It mostly worked but I heard that Google got smarter about recognizing what photos and videos were actually taken on the Pixel 1, and which ones weren't.

I finally gave in when I pretty much already made up my mind that I'd likely be buying the P6P 512 GB when it would be released, so I bought the 2 TB Google One plan to get the 10% credit back for our two P6P's (and other Google stuff I've bought since then).

m1ckbr1t

Nov 7, 2021
Manchester
I'm in the UK and I pay for 100gb Google 1 monthly at a cost of £1.59. BUT currently it hasn't cost me a penny yet, I use the Google Rewards and answer surveys which give me credit 10p here 30p there and I'm £10 in credit up to now so free storage for me and haven't paid a penny 2 months in and won't for the foreseeable and if I do £1.59 a month ain't going to break the bank any time soon especially knowing that all my precious photos and docs are safely backed up.

freddienuxx

Dec 11, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Get over it. Google offers 200gb of storage for $30 for the year. Or $100 for 2TB. You just paid $1000 for a phone and you're going to cry about cheap storage fees?
wow wow wow. nobody cheap over here buddy i just ask a question so you get over it. no need for being internet tough. i have mycloud 8 tb of cloud. so its not about the money. i like mods period. now happy holidays #blessins

lssong99

Jul 15, 2005
This means you need to sync the devices, the pixel 1 would have to be online all the time etc. Not very handy.
In my use case I move photos taken by various cameras (P6P, DSLR, 360 camera, etc.) at weekend. Then process them on PC (geotagging, minor adjustment) then upload all of them to two OG pixels for parallel upload via WiFi. All photos then being accessible from anywhere via Google Photos. So far this works flawlessly. The freebies are there, just if it suit your upload style....

asj0422

Jul 5, 2015
Google Pixel
Google Pixel 3
Hate to revive an old(ish) thread, but has anyone using an old P1 as an upload slave had any issues with metadata getting changed? I made a thread here describing my specific issues, but basically I'm using Nearby Share to send stuff to my p1 for upload, and screenshots are getting their times changed when the upload finishes. Videos are fine, pictures are fine, and screen recordings are fine, it's literally just screenshots. Had no issues when I was using my P3 as an uploader before that benefit was EOL'd.

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Hate to revive an old(ish) thread, but has anyone using an old P1 as an upload slave had any issues with metadata getting changed? I made a thread here describing my specific issues, but basically I'm using Nearby Share to send stuff to my p1 for upload, and screenshots are getting their times changed when the upload finishes. Videos are fine, pictures are fine, and screen recordings are fine, it's literally just screenshots. Had no issues when I was using my P3 as an uploader before that benefit was EOL'd.
I had no issues with metadata that I noticed when I used SyncThing - I synced my entire internal storage to my old P1.

I did have a problem with Drive still running out of space so at least some photos or videos didn't work for unlimited storage by that method.

My wife, too.

Reactions: asj0422

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Get over it. Google offers 200gb of storage for $30 for the year. Or $100 for 2TB. You just paid $1000 for a phone and you're going to cry about cheap storage fees?
    wow wow wow. nobody cheap over here buddy i just ask a question so you get over it. no need for being internet tough. i have mycloud 8 tb of cloud. so its not about the money. i like mods period. now happy holidays #blessins
    No.

You mean to allow unlimited original resolution images and videos backups using Google Photos? No.
    I used to keep my and my wife's old Pixel 1s syncing photos from our (now old) newer phones using the free SyncThing, however at least some things were still definitely taking up Drive space from Google Photos. Enough that I gave up on the idea. It mostly worked but I heard that Google got smarter about recognizing what photos and videos were actually taken on the Pixel 1, and which ones weren't.

I finally gave in when I pretty much already made up my mind that I'd likely be buying the P6P 512 GB when it would be released, so I bought the 2 TB Google One plan to get the 10% credit back for our two P6P's (and other Google stuff I've bought since then).
    It's not worth editing your build prop or installing Magisk modules to make this work. If your phone pretends it's a Pixel 1, it can start losing newer features that rely on the phone identifying itself as a Pixel 6.

The Pixel 1 upload slave device is the only decent way to do this. Just have it sit on wifi and sync daily. If you're clever, you can probably set up a whole automation procedure.