• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Unlock animation changed after Play System update. Anyone else see that?

Search This thread

jrg67

Jun 21, 2013
Google Pixel 4 XL
It now looks like a checkerboard pattern and also the glow around the fingerprint reader seems to move around more rather than just glow around your finger. Am I the only one seeing this or is this part of the update. It's cool looking, just want to be sure it's not a glitch

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

jrg67

Jun 21, 2013
Google Pixel 4 XL
I just checked my dev settings and settings are at 1.0x for window animation, transition animation and animator duration. I haven't changed anything.

jrg67

Jun 21, 2013
Google Pixel 4 XL
Welp, I just did a force restart and now the unlock animation is back to what it was originally. Hopefully Google is going to let us customize the lock screen in a future update bc the clock is horrendous but changing animations may be cool too. We'll see in time I guess.

• Wow
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

fonix232

Jun 20, 2009
London
I've got the Play System update (dated Nov1), and my unlock screen looks nothing like that.

I don't have the animations disabled or the speed changed. My fingerprint icon is different (solid lines instead of the dotted in your video). there's no weird "aura" animation around the fingerprint reader, and there's no checkerboard pattern either.

Are you sure you don't have a custom theme installed that would interfere?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's a screen recording. I used a non saved finger the 2nd time to show more of the animation around the finger but you can also see the checkerboard unlock animation.
    Mine doesn't do that but I have animations turned off. Just turned on animator duration scale to 1.5x and checked and it does similar to what's in your screen video. I just got the Play System update today after seeing mention of the update over on Android Central forums.
    It now looks like a checkerboard pattern and also the glow around the fingerprint reader seems to move around more rather than just glow around your finger. Am I the only one seeing this or is this part of the update. It's cool looking, just want to be sure it's not a glitch
    Same here, I don't have that effect but I have animation speeds set to zero.