Unlock ANY Pixel from Carrier

Search This thread

#mcl

Mar 26, 2020
Spain
Google Pixel 4 XL
Ok let me see if I can help you. You should do this on windows though.
1. Make sure you have the latest version of Android SDK
2. Make sure you don't use the LMobile driver (it will show up on device manager). You need to have the Google LLC drivers
3. Make sure USB debugging is enabled
4. Run without quotes "adb reboot edl"
After that the device should get a black screen, and if that happens you are successful, when on EDL mode you won't see anything on the phone screen.
5. Just to make sure, open device manager. You should see something like the image.
Now you can open QPST and try out what I told you yesterday.
If these commands didn't work you can try "fastboot oem edl", "fastboot reboot-edl", "
fastboot reboot edl". FOr these ones you should have the phone in recovery mode though.

Attachments

• Captura de Tela 2021-10-19 aฬ€s 12.17.31.png
    Captura de Tela 2021-10-19 aฬ€s 12.17.31.png
    49.8 KB · Views: 88

#mcl

Mar 26, 2020
Spain
Google Pixel 4 XL
Are these files related to our issue
I think those are the files, but I am afraid of trying them out on my phone and just brick it. We should first try this on an older device that isn't our main phone, as this was not try out before and could brick the phone...

Daniyal48

Jun 1, 2019
I think those are the files, but I am afraid of trying them out on my phone and just brick it. We should first try this on an older device that isn't our main phone, as this was not try out before and could brick the phone...
Okay Once I get a secondary phone I will try this idea and will update here

Reactions: #mcl

Andrewlhr13

Dec 6, 2021
Hey, did you get the device for testing? It has been a while since last time we talked about this...
hey, i test my bricked pixel 4 and it didnt work...sad.i dont know how to save it by this only method
and ive spent a day long but just cant get the right file, even a file...confused that no developer tried to make one

#mcl

Mar 26, 2020
Spain
Google Pixel 4 XL
hey, i test my bricked pixel 4 and it didnt work...sad.i dont know how to save it by this only method
and ive spent a day long but just cant get the right file, even a file...confused that no developer tried to make one
Hey, the files we shared are for the bigger Pixel 4 XL. If you try to flash them onto a regular pixel 4 you may get errors. ๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿป
Also let me see if I can help you solving your problem. For that please answer this questions:

1.Are you using QPST?

2. did you manage to get the device into the EDL mode and see the device a Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008?

If this is done, you are ready for the flashing process. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
I think this guide is very detailed, so just follow it. I used when trying, but as I only have 1 pixel 4 xl, didn't try the flashing process. โ˜น๏ธ

If you get any error, please tell me and leave a screenshot so I can help you. ๐Ÿ˜‡

Reactions: Andrewlhr13

Andrewlhr13

Dec 6, 2021
Hey, the files we shared are for the bigger Pixel 4 XL. If you try to flash them onto a regular pixel 4 you may get errors. ๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿป
Also let me see if I can help you solving your problem. For that please answer this questions:

1.Are you using QPST?

2. did you manage to get the device into the EDL mode and see the device a Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008?

If this is done, you are ready for the flashing process. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
I think this guide is very detailed, so just follow it. I used when trying, but as I only have 1 pixel 4 xl, didn't try the flashing process. โ˜น๏ธ

If you get any error, please tell me and leave a screenshot so I can help you. ๐Ÿ˜‡
hello,I am using QPST while getting my pixel 4 into DEL model.
But as you said, I flashed them onto my regular pixel 4 so it didn't work...So i just need the files for regular pixel 4 and tried again to see if it can saved my bricked pixel 4...

Reactions: #mcl

#mcl

Mar 26, 2020
Spain
Google Pixel 4 XL
Hey. I looked on the web and they could work, I mean the only difference between the 4 and the 4 xl is the screen size and battery capacity, the components are identical.
Could you send a screenshot of the error you are getting?
Also did you check the phone is in EDL mode ?

Reznick314

May 19, 2016
Google Pixel 5
I know this is an old thread, but I just used this on my Pixel 5 and it worked, was just wondering if I would have to do this again if I update to Android 12? And Thank you for this information!

#mcl

Mar 26, 2020
Spain
Google Pixel 4 XL
I know this is an old thread, but I just used this on my Pixel 5 and it worked, was just wondering if I would have to do this again if I update to Android 12? And Thank you for this information!
Hey!
I updated my P4 to android 12 and didn't have any problems. I believe you shouldn't have problems, as you install the package, and updates don't seem to reinstall it

greeted01

Sep 25, 2020
On another post someaone said esim is working on pixel 4 verizon unlocked trought this steps. So as you say, it works.
Thanks
Can you link to the post? On my Pixel 6 Pro from Verizon, I can't seem to activate a non-Verzion eSIM. The shell command worked to allow a different physical SIM, though.

greeted01

Sep 25, 2020
Hey everybody! ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿป
So recently I bought a Google Pixel 4 XL. The thing is that in Europe they are too expensive compared to the US, so I bought one that was from AT&T(used of course). However is that I need to use my SIM on the phone, but of course, the phone refused to allow me to use my SIM from Spain. โ›”๏ธ

So after hours of research, I found a way to unlock it. Here are the steps: ๐Ÿ“
1. Remove your SIM card if it is on the phone
2. Do a factory reset
3. Do OFFLINE SETUP. Also, DON'T PUT ANY PASSWORD OR ANY TYPE OF SCREEN LOCK ๐Ÿ™…๐Ÿป
4. Once you are on the main screen, enable USB Debugging.
5. Connect the phone to the computer (I assume you already have the USB drivers, platform-tools downloaded and knowledge on how to use ADB commands๐Ÿคท๐Ÿป. If you don't have the SDK downloaded, head to this link and follow the instructions๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป)
6. Inside the platform-tools folder, open a terminal window and run "adb shell"(on mac, once you are on the directory you have to run "./adb shell") and then "pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.apps.work.oobconfig" (run them without quotes)

After this, you can already connect the phone to the internet and put your SIM in๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป.
This didn't unlock the phone though ๐Ÿ™„. What we have just done is this:

When we connect the phone to the internet, it verifies if it should lock the SIM or not. So we did a setup without internet, so the phone can't do that. After that, we uninstall the package responsible for doing this.
So when we connect it to the internet, it won't check the SIM lock ๐Ÿ˜ฏ
However, the bootloader is still locked and grey out. This is because this app is responsible to grey or not the bootloader switch. If it is from a carrier, the package will disable the switch, and if not you will have the ability to unlock it. As we kill the app before it could do its job, the bootloader will be waiting until the package gives its answer.

Special thanks to this Jorge Cortรฉs to make this post possible. ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป

If you find the post useful, consider buying me a cup of coffee please with PayPal. ๐Ÿ˜Š
Any idea if this command would work on other Android phones?

#mcl

Mar 26, 2020
Spain
Google Pixel 4 XL
Any idea if this command would work on other Android phones?
Not sure as it depends on how other manufactures implement the check, but you can try the command, it won't create problems. The wrist scenario is that it will hay an error. If it works on other devices key is knows. For popular OEM some prpope sell modded sims to unlock the phone. Search the web and you will them, though I never tried them so can't confirm that they will work, but as they are very cheep maybe you can give them a try.

#mcl

Mar 26, 2020
Spain
Google Pixel 4 XL
The exploit is made for pixel devices, but as everyone uses an droid it could work. It depends on how the OEM checks if the phone is from a carrier.
Give it a try, the worst thing that can happens is that you will get and error or it won't unlock the phone.
If it is from a popular brand you may want to consider buying an unlock sim, which are sold very cheap on the web and allow to unlock the device without having to do anything. I never tried one, but as they are very cheap you may want to try them.
Anyway, if this works on other devices let us knows!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everybody! ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿป
    So recently I bought a Google Pixel 4 XL. The thing is that in Europe they are too expensive compared to the US, so I bought one that was from AT&T(used of course). However is that I need to use my SIM on the phone, but of course, the phone refused to allow me to use my SIM from Spain. โ›”๏ธ

So after hours of research, I found a way to unlock it. Here are the steps: ๐Ÿ“
    1. Remove your SIM card if it is on the phone
    2. Do a factory reset
    3. Do OFFLINE SETUP. Also, DON'T PUT ANY PASSWORD OR ANY TYPE OF SCREEN LOCK ๐Ÿ™…๐Ÿป
    4. Once you are on the main screen, enable USB Debugging.
    5. Connect the phone to the computer (I assume you already have the USB drivers, platform-tools downloaded and knowledge on how to use ADB commands๐Ÿคท๐Ÿป. If you don't have the SDK downloaded, head to this link and follow the instructions๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป)
    6. Inside the platform-tools folder, open a terminal window and run "adb shell"(on mac, once you are on the directory you have to run "./adb shell") and then "pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.apps.work.oobconfig" (run them without quotes)

After this, you can already connect the phone to the internet and put your SIM in๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป.
    This didn't unlock the phone though ๐Ÿ™„. What we have just done is this:

When we connect the phone to the internet, it verifies if it should lock the SIM or not. So we did a setup without internet, so the phone can't do that. After that, we uninstall the package responsible for doing this.
    So when we connect it to the internet, it won't check the SIM lock ๐Ÿ˜ฏ
    However, the bootloader is still locked and grey out. This is because this app is responsible to grey or not the bootloader switch. If it is from a carrier, the package will disable the switch, and if not you will have the ability to unlock it. As we kill the app before it could do its job, the bootloader will be waiting until the package gives its answer.

Special thanks to this Jorge Cortรฉs to make this post possible. ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป

If you find the post useful, consider buying me a cup of coffee please with PayPal. ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Esim is unlocked as well?
    Didn't try but should work, as the phone never check if it is from a carrier or not. ๐Ÿ˜Š
    On another post someaone said esim is working on pixel 4 verizon unlocked trought this steps. So as you say, it works.
    Thanks
    Is there any work around to unlock to bootloader too??
    Hey,
    I am working on that. As it turns out there is a way to flash firmware to any device with a Qualcomm chip, even if the bootloader os locked๐Ÿคฉ. It's called EDL mode. This mode was designed to force flash firmware in bricked devices that can't use fastboot or adb๐Ÿคซ.
    I already find the app I need to flash, actually there a a lot of different ones( I chose QPST) but it needs some strange files that I didn't find yet๐Ÿ™, and it won't allow em to use the google firmware neither ๐Ÿ˜ค.
    So when I find those files I will write a detailed guide on how to unlock the bootloader ๐Ÿ˜‡, but for now I only know how to use any SIM on a locked Pixel device.
    I have tried the same on a OnePlus device but they have MSM Tool to thet let you work in edl mode but I haven't found any tool for Pixel devices yet