Unlock ANY Pixel from Carrier

Search This thread

#mcl

good point. atm I'm using Ebay Verizon phone w/o any issues. I don't think hacking bootloader and finally installing a custom kernel would be a very big difference/advantage to the stock
Well, this phone support is reaching its end. After android 13 it will receive some security software updates and no more, so if you want to stay safe it would be good to flash the new patches...
Also, the stock isn't energy efficient, especially when the screen is off. When I compared it to an iPhone the difference was day and night.

Hey everybody! ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿป
So recently I bought a Google Pixel 4 XL. The thing is that in Europe they are too expensive compared to the US, so I bought one that was from AT&T(used of course). However is that I need to use my SIM on the phone, but of course, the phone refused to allow me to use my SIM from Spain. โ›”๏ธ

So after hours of research, I found a way to unlock it. Here are the steps: ๐Ÿ“
1. Remove your SIM card if it is on the phone
2. Do a factory reset
3. Do OFFLINE SETUP. Also, DON'T PUT ANY PASSWORD OR ANY TYPE OF SCREEN LOCK ๐Ÿ™…๐Ÿป
4. Once you are on the main screen, enable USB Debugging.
5. Connect the phone to the computer (I assume you already have the USB drivers, platform-tools downloaded and knowledge on how to use ADB commands๐Ÿคท๐Ÿป. If you don't have the SDK downloaded, head to this link and follow the instructions๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป)
6. Inside the platform-tools folder, open a terminal window and run "adb shell"(on mac, once you are on the directory you have to run "./adb shell") and then "pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.apps.work.oobconfig" (run them without quotes)

After this, you can already connect the phone to the internet and put your SIM in๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป.
This didn't unlock the phone though ๐Ÿ™„. What we have just done is this:

When we connect the phone to the internet, it verifies if it should lock the SIM or not. So we did a setup without internet, so the phone can't do that. After that, we uninstall the package responsible for doing this.
So when we connect it to the internet, it won't check the SIM lock ๐Ÿ˜ฏ
However, the bootloader is still locked and grey out. This is because this app is responsible to grey or not the bootloader switch. If it is from a carrier, the package will disable the switch, and if not you will have the ability to unlock it. As we kill the app before it could do its job, the bootloader will be waiting until the package gives its answer.

Special thanks to this Jorge Cortรฉs to make this post possible. ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป

If you find the post useful, consider buying me a cup of coffee please with PayPal. ๐Ÿ˜Š
Would you happen to know how to stop Verizon /sprint system apps from reinstalling, I'm using a Verizon pixel from America in Australia, I have tried reinstalling firmware etc but it comes back, I have a unlocked bootloader and have removed the applications with root but if I restart my device it causes a bootloop.

mistikv5

Oct 24, 2022
Hey everybody! ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿป
So recently I bought a Google Pixel 4 XL. The thing is that in Europe they are too expensive compared to the US, so I bought one that was from AT&T(used of course). However is that I need to use my SIM on the phone, but of course, the phone refused to allow me to use my SIM from Spain. โ›”๏ธ

So after hours of research, I found a way to unlock it. Here are the steps: ๐Ÿ“
2. Do a factory reset
3. Do OFFLINE SETUP. Also, DON'T PUT ANY PASSWORD OR ANY TYPE OF SCREEN LOCK ๐Ÿ™…๐Ÿป
5. Connect the phone to the computer (I assume you already have the USB drivers, platform-tools downloaded and knowledge on how to use ADB commands๐Ÿคท๐Ÿป. If you don't have the SDK downloaded, head to this link and follow the instructions๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป)
6. Inside the platform-tools folder, open a terminal window and run "adb shell"(on mac, once you are on the directory you have to run "./adb shell") and then "pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.apps.work.oobconfig" (run them without quotes)

After this, you can already connect the phone to the internet and put your SIM in๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป.

When we connect the phone to the internet, it verifies if it should lock the SIM or not. So we did a setup without internet, so the phone can't do that. After that, we uninstall the package responsible for doing this.
However, the bootloader is still locked and grey out. This is because this app is responsible to grey or not the bootloader switch. If it is from a carrier, the package will disable the switch, and if not you will have the ability to unlock it. As we kill the app before it could do its job, the bootloader will be waiting until the package gives its answer.

If you find the post useful, consider buying me a cup of coffee please with PayPal. ๐Ÿ˜Š
Hello, I know I'm kinda late to this, but does it still work? I keep running into this error:

PS C:\platform-tools> .\/adb shell
raven:/ $ pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.apps.work.oobconfig
Failure [DELETE_FAILED_INTERNAL_ERROR]

I'm running android 13 and they might've fixed it.

bryanus

May 21, 2012
Hello, I know I'm kinda late to this, but does it still work? I keep running into this error:

PS C:\platform-tools> .\/adb shell
raven:/ $ pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.apps.work.oobconfig
Failure [DELETE_FAILED_INTERNAL_ERROR]

I'm running android 13 and they might've fixed it.
Still works. I've done it on two locked xfinity mobile pixel 6a's running the latest Android 13. Doesn't seem to unlock the eSIM, but I haven't tested it extensively.

Note, It restores the lock file if you perform a factory reset later on, but it's simple to unlock again if that happens.

Mistikv3

Oct 2, 2019
Still works. I've done it on two locked xfinity mobile pixel 6a's running the latest Android 13. Doesn't seem to unlock the eSIM, but I haven't tested it extensively.

Note, It restores the lock file if you perform a factory reset later on, but it's simple to unlock again if that happens.
I was on a QPR. The command worked when I reverted back. Thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everybody! ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿป

2. Do a factory reset

I wanted to confirm that removing com.google.android.apps.work.oobconfig as detailed in mcl's original post worked on a Verizon carrier-locked Pixel 5. Awesome!
    Esim is unlocked as well?
    Didn't try but should work, as the phone never check if it is from a carrier or not. ๐Ÿ˜Š
    On another post someaone said esim is working on pixel 4 verizon unlocked trought this steps. So as you say, it works.
    Thanks
    Is there any work around to unlock to bootloader too??