Search This thread

iko1133

Nov 30, 2022
So my phone has been locked for 3-4 days now. I know the unlock pattern (I've had it for several years on several phones) but it just does not seem to recognize it. I know the screen and sensor are working, I can see pattern being drawn but no success...

I've found Samsung's find my mobile network, sadly, I did not have it enabled, but, I think I managed to enable it through adb (I have developer options turned on and trusted computer with me) but now it seems to be stuck on unlocking the device mode. Backups don't work either... Only thing that sometimes works is Ring function that, thats usually in a small window after restart.

I've tried wiping cache partition too, did not work..

Now I want at least to backup my phone, so I don't lose the data but adb backup needs phone to be unlocked...

Any ideas?

(Device is not rooted)

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
Hello and good afternoon, @iko1133

Welcome to XDA! I hope you'll alawys get the support your require.

However, prior to your next posting please read the guidances that are stuck on top of every forum like
and the others. I've moved your thread to

Thanks for your cooperation!
Regards
Oswald Boelcke
Senior Moderator

Reactions: Clark Joseph Kent

iko1133

Nov 30, 2022
Hello and good afternoon, @iko1133

Welcome to XDA! I hope you'll alawys get the support your require.

However, prior to your next posting please read the guidances that are stuck on top of every forum like
and the others. I've moved your thread to

Thanks for your cooperation!
Regards
Oswald Boelcke
Senior Moderator
Sure, sorry, my mistake...

JazonX

Dec 16, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
So my phone has been locked for 3-4 days now. I know the unlock pattern (I've had it for several years on several phones) but it just does not seem to recognize it. I know the screen and sensor are working, I can see pattern being drawn but no success...

I've found Samsung's find my mobile network, sadly, I did not have it enabled, but, I think I managed to enable it through adb (I have developer options turned on and trusted computer with me) but now it seems to be stuck on unlocking the device mode. Backups don't work either... Only thing that sometimes works is Ring function that, thats usually in a small window after restart.

Now I want at least to backup my phone, so I don't lose the data but adb backup needs phone to be unlocked...

Any ideas?

(Device is not rooted)

If you think the screen has some touch registering issue - Connect a USB mouse over OTG and try.

Without root, your options to delete the lock is 0 to minimal.

You can also take it to a Samsung Authorised Service Center, Prove your ownership (Invoice) and get it removed.

iko1133

Nov 30, 2022
If you think the screen has some touch registering issue - Connect a USB mouse over OTG and try.

Without root, your options to delete the lock is 0 to minimal.

You can also take it to a Samsung Authorised Service Center, Prove your ownership (Invoice) and get it removed.

That's the sad part, altho I have my phone's box and invoice, there are no Samsung Authorised Service Centers in my country (Georgia)...

So there is no way to even back up the data to the Samsung's or Google's accounts that were saved on the device?

ekhaydarov

Dec 20, 2022

Any ideas?

(Device is not rooted)
Hello, I have the same issue with my phone, forgot PIN, and tried to unlock it using samsung find my mobile, but it says that I didn't enable remote unlock. If you managed to enable it through adb, please walk me through how to do it.

iko1133

Nov 30, 2022
Hello, I have the same issue with my phone, forgot PIN, and tried to unlock it using samsung find my mobile, but it says that I didn't enable remote unlock. If you managed to enable it through adb, please walk me through how to do it.
Do you have developer options enabled and a trusted (rememberd by phone) computer? If not, you can't do that...

Enabling it did not help me tho, had to reset it in the end but hope it will help you at least ^^

Oh the simple way is power off your phone with the hardware keys with your volume up and down plus your power key hold it for like 30 seconds it shuts off your phone reboot your phone and recovery mode by holding the same keys when you're trying to power it on when you see the boot logo turned on you let go of the power key but keep the volume keys held down it may not be that exact pattern of keys cuz I do not use that phone but that should get you to recovery mode and then just factory reset your phone all you will need from that point on is your Google account

Top Liked Posts