• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Unlock Black Shark Bootloader Global Version

Search This thread

Invisan

Oct 26, 2012
Hi Guys,
first off i am no dev but i am a tech nerd and want to gain access to everything on my phone.
After some digging around i finally figured out how to Unlock the Bootloader of my Xiaomi Black Shark (Global Version).
The steps might vary for the Chinese Version but i guess they might be the same.

CAUTION! THIS WILL ERASE YOUR WHOLE DATA AND SETTINGS!

What you need:
Your Xiaomi Black Shark
Drivers installed (you can use the miunlock tool for that but dont need it to unlock the Bootloader)
ADB installed.
A Backup tool.

If you want to unlock the bootloader do the following:

First Backup all your files and Settings.

Go to Settings/System/About the Phone and Tap on the Build Number to gain Dev Settings
In the Dev Settings enbale USB Debugging and OEM Unlock.

Connect your device to your computer.
Install the ADB Drivers if you did not already do so
Open a command prompt as admin

Type in
Code:
adb devices
to see if your device is recognized. If not try again to install them through the MiUnlock tool.

If it is recognized it will look like this:

VVzTB0C.png

After that type

Code:
adb reboot bootloader

as soon as your phone restarts remove it from the USB Cable. Otherwise it might want to reboot right after you tried it.
Connect it to the cable again as soon as you are in Fastboot.

In your console type

Code:
fastboot flashing unlock

Type

Code:
fastboot reboot bootloader
or use the menu of the Bootloader to reboot to the Bootloader. As you will see your device is now unlocked.

Last edited:
Reactions: leipnacht and 3B3RT

Invisan

Oct 26, 2012
Yes. That`s it. Proof right here https://i.imgur.com/tRgWSpi.jpg Unfortunately the forum wouldnt scale it down.

I would love to tamper with it further but unfortunately i can not backup the boot.img caused by missing root which i would need to install root with the Magisk Manager since there is no TWRP for it yet.

Last edited:

Invisan

Oct 26, 2012
Failed <Unlock is not allowed on device has sales on market!>

It happens on Black Shark CN version.

Like i already wrote under the MIUI Forum Post. It seems that the way to do this for the chinese Version is different and since i do not own the Chinese Version i can not test anything aside from that that would be way over my abilities.

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Yes. That`s it. Proof right here https://i.imgur.com/tRgWSpi.jpg Unfortunately the forum wouldnt scale it down.

I would love to tamper with it further but unfortunately i can not backup the boot.img caused by missing root which i would need to install root with the Magisk Manager since there is no TWRP for it yet.

If you already unlocked device and you want to try to root it you can download stock rom for your model (same build that you are using), extract boot.img, put it in your sdcard, install Magisk apk and patch it through the app, then move your patched-boot inside adb folder to your pc and flash it using fastboot; in order to can reboot device is probably that you need to format data, maybe not. But it´s possible too that device refuses permanently to boot and you need to flash the stock boot image again.

Yotatouch

Apr 26, 2016
Hello guys, i am in the same situation. I have the Black Shark's chinese version and i'm stuck here "Failed <Unlock is not allowed on device has sales on market!>"
I have 2 days left to decide if i keep or not the phone but in this state (not rooted, and doesn't know if i could do it a day or not), i can't keep it.
If someone have a solution, i'll be really grateful and i'm sure i'm not the only one.
Thanks.

Reactions: huantingfengyu

loriz

Feb 22, 2012
Hello guys, i am in the same situation. I have the Black Shark's chinese version and i'm stuck here "Failed <Unlock is not allowed on device has sales on market!>"
I have 2 days left to decide if i keep or not the phone but in this state (not rooted, and doesn't know if i could do it a day or not), i can't keep it.
If someone have a solution, i'll be really grateful and i'm sure i'm not the only one.
Thanks.

Honestly?
Just return it. Community is almost dead, no root/unlocked bootloader, limited Google Services support (Google Home and Assistant have problems, Android Auto won't mirror).
There seemed to be a little hope with the unlocked bootloader but if that's achieved only on the Global version, it's useless to us unfortunately.

Like i already wrote under the MIUI Forum Post. It seems that the way to do this for the chinese Version is different and since i do not own the Chinese Version i can not test anything aside from that that would be way over my abilities.
If you are willing to share some ideas to test and try to unlock the chinese version, I'd be very happy to help.
I have a chinese Black Shark.

Offical Xiaomi unlock tool seems to recognize the phone but gets an error at 99%
The command you provided gives the error someone else posted (about the market).

Last edited:

Yotatouch

Apr 26, 2016
Honestly?
Just return it. Community is almost dead, no root/unlocked bootloader, limited Google Services support (Google Home and Assistant have problems, Android Auto won't mirror).
There seemed to be a little hope with the unlocked bootloader but if that's achieved only on the Global version, it's useless to us unfortunately.
Thank you for your feedback.
This is what will happen at the end... i still have 2 or 3 days left but if i don't have any hope, i'll probably do it with regrets cause i love the phone. Technically it is a monster and i don't get why people doesn't work harder on it to figure out how to root the chinese version.

giorgio704

Apr 30, 2011
black shark versione globale banda 20

mi e arrivato ieri questo smartphone, ma fin dalla accensione non mi e piaciuto. italiano si c'è, multilingue ma un android stock non c'è praticamente nulla, si servizi google funzionanti, ma non ci sono impostazioni tipo miui in un telefono così e proprio un castrone.
inservibile praticamente, con una rom xiaomi.eu sarebbe il top, ma questi sviluppatori non si trovano nemmeno a pagarli.

3B3RT

Dec 13, 2013
Hi Guys,
first off i am no dev but i am a tech nerd and want to gain access to everything on my phone.
After some digging around i finally figured out how to Unlock the Bootloader of my Xiaomi Black Shark (Global Version).
The steps might vary for the Chinese Version but i guess they might be the same.

What you need:
Your Xiaomi Black Shark
Drivers installed (you can use the miunlock tool for that but dont need it to unlock the Bootloader)
ADB installed.
A Backup tool.

Go to Settings/System/About the Phone and Tap on the Build Number to gain Dev Settings

Type in
Code:
adb devices
to see if your device is recognized. If not try again to install them through the MiUnlock tool.

VVzTB0C.png

After that type

Code:
adb reboot bootloader

as soon as your phone restarts remove it from the USB Cable. Otherwise it might want to reboot right after you tried it.

In your console type

Code:
fastboot flashing unlock

Type

Code:
or use the menu of the Bootloader to reboot to the Bootloader. As you will see your device is now unlocked.

this metod is working thank you !!!!!
model skr-h0 international
the comand fastboot flashing unlock works !!!!!!

now we need the patched boot

patched_boot.img for the black shark please !!!!!

we need root

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Guys,

What you need:
    Your Xiaomi Black Shark
    ADB installed.
    A Backup tool.

Type in
    Code:
    adb devices

VVzTB0C.png

After that type

Code:
    adb reboot bootloader

In your console type

Code:
    fastboot flashing unlock

Type

Code:
    Hello I want to share my TWRP project for blackshark:
    TWRP 3.2.3-0 for blackshark
    Seems decryption is not working for now, this is the major bug.

For more info and to download it, i leave the thread link:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/recovery-unofficial-twrp-recovery-t3892707
    Thanks.
    it works !!!!

now we need a patched boot

patched_boot.img i hope someone do this

Unfortunately BlackShark is Not willing to provide us with the full Image so that wont Happen in the near Future.