• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Unlock bootloader (ALE-L21)

Search This thread

homer5439

Aug 1, 2021
I have a factory reset ALE-L21 (2015) with android 6. Firmware is ALE-L21C109B582, EMUI 4.0.3. I've gone through most guides on this site, and I can't find one that works.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...nd-install-any-custom-rom-ale-l23-21.3977067/ suggests I should downgrade to android 5, but I can't copy anything to /dload as the filesystem is read-only (so adb tells me when I try to push).
I don't have su installed, so I can't run the command su -c "grep -m1 -aoE 'WVLOCK.{14}[0-9]{16}' /dev/block/mmcblk0p7 |grep -aoE '[0-9]{16}'" (which is also suggested in many places) to extract the unlock code (running without su gets a permission denied error, as expected).
I also don't have an external SD card (though I see there is a writable /sdcard directory in the filesystem).
Are there any options in my situation?

Last edited:

amageek

Jan 25, 2016
Kathmandu
ASUS ROG Phone II
I have a factory reset ALE-L21 (2015) with android 6. Firmware is ALE-L21C109B582, EMUI 4.0.3. I've gone through most guides on this site, and I can't find one that works.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...nd-install-any-custom-rom-ale-l23-21.3977067/ suggests I should downgrade to android 5, but I can't copy anything to /dload as the filesystem is read-only (so adb tells me when I try to push).
I don't have su installed, so I can't run the command su -c "grep -m1 -aoE 'WVLOCK.{14}[0-9]{16}' /dev/block/mmcblk0p7 |grep -aoE '[0-9]{16}'" (which is also suggested in many places) to extract the unlock code (running without su gets a permission denied error, as expected).
I also don't have an external SD card (though I see there is a writable /sdcard directory in the filesystem).
Are there any options in my situation?
was there already a folder named dload at the root of the Internal Memory? I unlocked my phone when I was on Android 5 using KingRoot and that command. It should probably work too... If there's no "dload" folder then you need to create it and place the UPDATE.APP file on the folder...

Top Liked Posts