• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Unlock Bootloader & Magisk

Search This thread

Coyotte67

Nov 15, 2008
CAHORS
Hello,
There's new firmware :
2021-06-17_15-45-07.png

And I want to know if I have to uninstall magisk or if I can flash direct with Odin and after patch again AP file?
Is phone erased after that?
Thanks for reponse.

Ryola

Jun 2, 2018
Hello,
There's new firmware :
And I want to know if I have to uninstall magisk or if I can flash direct with Odin and after patch again AP file?
Is phone erased after that?
Thanks for reponse.
Ok so the way I updated it without wiping, although no guarantees as I am no expert with this stuff;
Note. I did disable all of my magisk modules 1st, not sure if that's a requirement, doubt it but I did it anyway
1. Manually download latest firmware
2. Extract the boot file from the AP rar
3. Convert it to a tar file
4. Patch the new boot file in Magisk
5. With Odin install all files but use Home_csc instead of just normal csc
6. wait for phone to reboot, it will say wiping for like half a second and then boot loop to a wipe data screen, don't wipe data!
7. Hard turn the phone off and re enter download mode
8. With odin patch the magisk boot file you made earlier.
9. It should now boot and upgrade

Coyotte67

Nov 15, 2008
CAHORS
Thank for reply.
No problem for points 1 to 6
But its very difficult to hard turn phone off and re enter download mode. I succceed after time and patch with Odin the boot file I 'd made, but no boot same message as in point 6.
Have you any idea?

Reactions: FRAPSROOTET

Ryola

Jun 2, 2018
Thank for reply.
But its very difficult to hard turn phone off and re enter download mode. I succceed after time and patch with Odin the boot file I 'd made, but no boot same message as in point 6.
Have you any idea?
I had a usb cable plugged into the pc but not phone. Hello down power +vol down till screen went black swicted to vol up + down and plugged in the cable and my screen went from black to green after maybe 10-20 seconds

Reactions: FRAPSROOTET

Bonham

This will erase your phone's data so backup first
This will trip knox and prevent alot of samsung apps working

Unlocking Bootloader
1. Enable OEM unlocking in developer options
2. Turn phone off
3. Plug a usb into pc but not phone
4. Hold vol up and down and plug usb into phone
5. Wait for green screen and follow instructions to unlock bootloader (as follows)
5.5. Long press vol up on green screen then press vol up again
Installing magisk
1. Download your firmware from the internet
2. Extract the AP tar.md5 file
3. Place file on root of phone
4. Download and install Magisk (I used Canary)
5. Make sure connected to internet
6. Open Magisk and press the top install (Manager not the app install)
7. Select Install > Select and Patch a File and select the AP file you put on the phone
8. Wait for it to patch and create a new file
9. Find the new file, usually called magisk_patched in your downloads folder, but Magisk would have said what and where on the patching screen when done
10. In Odin flash this new AP file
11. If needed reinstall Magisk app, open it and let it update

To get saftey net to pass I had to use The universal saftey net magisk module found somewhere on this site. I can find it later if needed

Those are the steps I did, hope it helps
Hi,

after step 5.5 am I supposed to boot back into the stock rom an then follow steps 3-8 in the stock os using the magisk manager in the non rooted device?

(Had a boot loop to Download Mode yesterday and reflashed firmware from sammobile.) 😬

Ryola

Jun 2, 2018
Unlock bootloader 5.5 should send you back into stock os with an unlocked bootloader. You'll know it's down as it will warn you every time you boot, you then move onto installing magisk steps 1-11

Last edited:
Reactions: Bonham

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Any pointers to how to perform the unlocking of bootloader and Magisk install ?

Recently moved from Moto X4 to Samsung A52 5G.
    This will erase your phone's data so backup first
    This will trip knox and prevent alot of samsung apps working

Unlocking Bootloader
    1. Enable OEM unlocking in developer options
    2. Turn phone off
    3. Plug a usb into pc but not phone
    4. Hold vol up and down and plug usb into phone
    5. Wait for green screen and follow instructions to unlock bootloader (as follows)
    5.5. Long press vol up on green screen then press vol up again
    Installing magisk
    1. Download your firmware from the internet
    2. Extract the AP tar.md5 file
    3. Place file on root of phone
    4. Download and install Magisk (I used Canary)
    5. Make sure connected to internet
    6. Open Magisk and press the top install (Manager not the app install)
    7. Select Install > Select and Patch a File and select the AP file you put on the phone
    8. Wait for it to patch and create a new file
    9. Find the new file, usually called magisk_patched in your downloads folder, but Magisk would have said what and where on the patching screen when done
    10. In Odin flash this new AP file
    11. If needed reinstall Magisk app, open it and let it update

To get saftey net to pass I had to use The universal saftey net magisk module found somewhere on this site. I can find it later if needed

Those are the steps I did, hope it helps
    Is there Anyone who Successfully Unlocked the Bootloader and Installed magisk on
    SM-526B/DS?
    I just successfully installed Magisk using the standard patch AP method on my SM-A526B/DS
    Thanks, but Health is hidden et health service not in list to hide,

Have a better look at your list as it should be there : Health Service and then Samsung Health.

If Samsung Health is hidden, try to run it and to set it up and see if it works.
    Then get back to Magisk hide and see if the Health service is there.
    Thank for reply.
    Have you any idea?