• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Unlock Bootloader Moto E6 Plus

Search This thread

redpillar

Aug 28, 2020
hello, as stated from the title i would kindly need your help in order to understand if-and-how Moto E6 Plus can be unlocked.

when i reboot the smartphone via adb (/adb reboot bootloader/) i can only see a simple barcode. unfortunately the upsaid barcode didn't help me. the barcode itself doesn't report any number/s or text. that said, on Motorola website i cannot really find any article about how-or-where i should be supposed to use that barcode.

by looking for info online, on XDA and reddit, some users suggested to type the following command/s:

fastboot flashing unlock_critical
(or)
fastboot oem get_unlock_data

shortly, i will always get an error "command not supported/command failed".

i have already been unlocking and flashing different smartphones (mostly Samsung and Huawei) with no problems. Moto E6 Plus doesn't seem to be that easy. please, if you know something, gimme some information. if the device is impossible to unlock for real, i will just stop bothering.

thanks ahead time for your dealing.
-redpillar

Last edited:

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Moto X4
hello, as stated from the title i would kindly need your help in order to understand if-and-how Moto E6 Plus can be unlocked.

when i reboot the smartphone via adb (/adb reboot bootloader/) i can only see a simple barcode. unfortunately the upsaid barcode didn't help me. the barcode itself doesn't report any number/s or text. that said, on Motorola website i cannot really find any article about how-or-where i should be supposed to use that barcode.

by looking for info online, on XDA and reddit, some users suggested to type the following command/s:

(or)

i have already been unlocking and flashing different smartphones (mostly Samsung and Huawei) with no problems. Moto E6 Plus doesn't seem to be that easy. please, if you know something, gimme some information. if the device is impossible to unlock for real, i will just stop bothering.

-redpillar
Seems that if you see barcodes, the moto device cannot be unlocked.
There is some general moto bootloader unlocking info in my
https://forum.xda-developers.com/general/rooting-roms/guide-flashing-motorola-firmware-t4042039

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

LichtEstarossx

Nov 23, 2017

(or)

-redpillar
There is an unlocking guide in the guides section, but I'll still leave you the link to the xda post

redpillar

Aug 28, 2020
There is an unlocking guide in the guides section, but I'll still leave you the link to the xda post
indeed that topic is more recent than mine, that's why i totally miss that!
thank you very much! hugs!

Reactions: LichtEstarossx

Top Liked Posts