• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Unlock bootloader of the LG V533

Search This thread

hrh0001

Nov 16, 2016
Hello everyone,

I want to unlock boot loader on my LG G PAD IV 8 (V533).
I did the OEM unlock in setting of developer options, But I couldn't reboot to bootloader and fastboot mode.
I tried:
1) adb reboot bootloader -> it reboots normally
2) Volume down and power and release power and hold all keys down --> IMEI display
3) Hold volume Up and connect USB --> Download mode (no fastboot)
4) Volume down and power and release power and hold back power --> factory reset

How can I enter to fastboot mode on this device so I can unlock the device? I don't find the key combination.

Thanks

magnumctl2

Feb 2, 2011
Montreal
No way at all to ROOT or Unlock LG V533 Bootloader ??

Same situation. I did exactly the same thing you did and just found your post now.

Hi,

Looks like the Canadian variant of the LG GPad IV 8.0 is unrootable or unable to unlock the bootloader. However, the US T-Mobile variant (V530) which is essentially the same specs, is rootable according to other XDA post https://forum.xda-developers.com/g-pad-x-80/how-to/guide-root-lg-g-pad-v530-newbies-t3901485

Should any new info come up regarding this variant, feel free to post it here. Thanks

mindlery

May 1, 2018
Calgary
I just flashed 8.1 with a Korean kdz. onto an LG-V533 using LGUP Dual Mode. Next I will see about recovery, but for now pleased with the results. I got tired of searchig for American firmware with identical hardware.

fuzzmania

Jan 3, 2011
Vancouver
I just flashed 8.1 with a Korean kdz. onto an LG-V533 using LGUP Dual Mode. Next I will see about recovery, but for now pleased with the results. I got tired of searchig for American firmware with identical hardware.

Did you simply use the LGUP Dev mode and flash the Korean kdz onto the V533 or did you modify anything somehow? Would like to try it but not familiar with flashing LG devices, only ZTE and HTC

mindlery

May 1, 2018
Calgary
That's correct. I am going from memory here, but i know i did not make any alterations of any kind prior. It will repartition the device and i'm not certain if you can revert.
I did it for a friend and it works well. You'll wind up with a few weird Korean apps. The ones you can't uninstall just use adb or app manager.
I am pretty sure the selection i used was "download" and it gave a warning about repartitioning. So obviously i did it. I think it froze during initial boot. I recall waiting far too long and just force rebooted and all was well. I am much more comfortable flashing a Motorola or Samsung myself. I've cross flashed a few Lg's now and they seem to work well.
Even though i spend a lot of time making sure it can work, you may get different results. Make sure it's charged good. I learned that one already. Let me know how it goes!

Reactions: fuzzmania

sintoo

Nov 26, 2009
After your cross-flash, 3g/lte works? Your IMEI remains the same as original IMEI?
Thanks.
That's correct. I am going from memory here, but i know i did not make any alterations of any kind prior. It will repartition the device and i'm not certain if you can revert.
I did it for a friend and it works well. You'll wind up with a few weird Korean apps. The ones you can't uninstall just use adb or app manager.
I am pretty sure the selection i used was "download" and it gave a warning about repartitioning. So obviously i did it. I think it froze during initial boot. I recall waiting far too long and just force rebooted and all was well. I am much more comfortable flashing a Motorola or Samsung myself. I've cross flashed a few Lg's now and they seem to work well.
Even though i spend a lot of time making sure it can work, you may get different results. Make sure it's charged good. I learned that one already. Let me know how it goes!

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

Please let me know if you tried, fail or not. Thanks.
Did you simply use the LGUP Dev mode and flash the Korean kdz onto the V533 or did you modify anything somehow? Would like to try it but not familiar with flashing LG devices, only ZTE and HTC

sintoo

Nov 26, 2009
By this do you mean your IMEI remained the same (original IMEI)?
I would like to cross-flash in order to unlock the bootloader, then install TWRP. Thank you. Could you give more details about
(1) Your original model. I assume it was LG-V533 Canada Rogers or Telus.
(2) After cross-flashing, the model changed to ...? Have you tried "adb reboot bootloader" . Inside bootloader: "flashboot oem unlock"?
Sorry. I did it and it was successful

mindlery

May 1, 2018
Calgary
I would like to cross-flash in order to unlock the bootloader, then install TWRP. Thank you. Could you give more details about
(2) After cross-flashing, the model changed to ...? Have you tried "adb reboot bootloader" . Inside bootloader: "flashboot oem unlock"?

I have no idea. I did it to upgrade the OS and my buddy never intended to put in a SIM. I will see if i can get him to check. Pretty sure his ex has it now. But i'll check out the imei if possible. Should be able to tell by the first 9 digits. I never attempted unlocking the bootloader either Sorry i cannot help much beyond that.

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

I have no idea. I did it to upgrade the OS and my buddy never intended to put in a SIM. I will see if i can get him to check. Pretty sure his ex has it now. But i'll check out the imei if possible. Should be able to tell by the first 9 digits. I never attempted unlocking the bootloader either Sorry i cannot help much beyond that.

djcaptpln880

Aug 2, 2021
Hello everyone,

I want to unlock boot loader on my LG G PAD IV 8 (V533).
I did the OEM unlock in setting of developer options, But I couldn't reboot to bootloader and fastboot mode.
I tried:
1) adb reboot bootloader -> it reboots normally
2) Volume down and power and release power and hold all keys down --> IMEI display
3) Hold volume Up and connect USB --> Download mode (no fastboot)
4) Volume down and power and release power and hold back power --> factory reset

How can I enter to fastboot mode on this device so I can unlock the device? I don't find the key combination.

Thanks
Hello

Does anyone have any active custom rom links/tutorials for V533 and V497? seems all online are down or gone? Thx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.