• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Unlock Bootloader - "Request parameter error"

Search This thread

fong360

Jan 3, 2015
I didnt get. It's like that since I first received it.
It's depend on country. I'm from Vietnam, the global version when unboxing is 12.5.4.0

Anyway, yesterday when I try to bind my account to Mi Unlock Status, no "parameter error" but "problem with unlocking, please log out mi account and re-log in again." I did it, and it's bind successfully.
And so, 168 hours continuing........

Last edited:
Reactions: Ivixmax

sangin80

Mar 25, 2009
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
It's depend on country. I'm from Vietnam, the global version when unboxing is 12.5.4.0

Anyway, yesterday when I try to bind my account to Mi Unlock Status, no "parameter error" but "problem with unlocking, please log out mi account and re-log in again." I did it, and it's bind successfully.
And so, 168 hours continuing........
You just have to wait 168 hours.

Reactions: fong360

BokeB

Jul 31, 2014
Today i was able to register my device without getting the "parameter request error" on a EU device. The 168 hours are now counting.

cezarek90

Sep 21, 2021
Hurray comrades. An account was also attached to Ru. I've been waiting for this event for a whole month

jnfr00

Oct 10, 2017
Same here, on MIUI Global 12.5.1.0 EEA Stable I was finally able to bind the account in Mi Unlock. Now we wait..

::Michael::

Dec 1, 2010
Bregenz
I just successfully added my Pad5 to my Mi Account. Firmware: 12.5.2 RKXEUXM.
Unfortunately I couldn't continue as I wasn't able to find working usb for drivers for Windows. Does anybody have an idea where to get those?

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Ivixmax

Regys

Sep 10, 2012
Why this message ?

"Please unlock 161 hours later. And do not add your account in MIUI again, otherwise you will wait from scratch"

::Michael::

Dec 1, 2010
Bregenz
Unfortunately I couldn't continue as I wasn't able to find working usb for drivers for Windows. Does anybody have an idea where to get those?

Thanks in advance!
Update on my end. I tried one more time and Windows now detected the device without any issues. The Unlock Tool also shows the device and requested me to wait for 168 hours. Meaning everything is looking good so far!

This is how it looks like for those who are interested:

miunlocktool.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have direct contact to Xiaomi. The error was caused by the device being a tablet because Xiaomi binds the unlock to the mobile number. They are fixing the issue now.
    I don't know why the hell Xiaomi still hasnt published their Global ROM for Xiaomi Pad 5.
    I have been waiting for the ROM for almost a month.

Thanks in advance!
    I have seen this happen to multiple people.

It seems to be an issue of the Global ROM

The best we can do is for everyone to report it to Xiaomi and wait for a ROM update I guess..
    I THINK IS POSIBLE WITH ZIP RECOBERY ROM VIA RECOVERY OF XIAOMI
    i have try with ZIP recovery Rom 12.5.9. and press start button and volume+, go recovery page, and use MiPhoneAssistant to flash rom to the Pad, and blocked at Verification of Rom