Question unlock bootloader? SM-S901U1

Search This thread

promen

Jun 24, 2012
Janow Lubelski
Hello is there any way to unlock bootloader on U1 ? theres no oem unlock in options ( changing date doesnt work )
phone is from us ( XAA ) version.

any tool ? any guide ?

0O00O0O00O

Jan 24, 2014
No US models can have the bootloader unlocked as of now, i think. Since the S7 it's been nearly impossible for U.S. models to unlock, the S8 was unlocked only since an engineer leaked some data.

So if you want to root your SOL, might need to get an international unlocked version.

Rocketman!

Feb 19, 2019
S22 s901u snapdragon USA search for oem in settings and this shows up as a setting in developer options. Is there a way to enable or unhide this setting? Because my phone thinks that it is there or something...

Rocketman!

Feb 19, 2019
Here

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221125_192052_Settings Suggestions.jpg
    Screenshot_20221125_192052_Settings Suggestions.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 45

TheMadScientist

Recognized Contributor
No US models can have the bootloader unlocked as of now, i think. Since the S7 it's been nearly impossible for U.S. models to unlock, the S8 was unlocked only since an engineer leaked some data.

So if you want to root your SOL, might need to get an international unlocked version.

You are not entirely correct. We have unlocked bootloader on us devices. But his s22 I'm sure is to far updated to be able to do anything.

TheMadScientist

Recognized Contributor
S22 s901u snapdragon USA search for oem in settings and this shows up as a setting in developer options. Is there a way to enable or unhide this setting? Because my phone thinks that it is there or something...

No

Oem unlock does not exist on us devices. And if you have even had it update one time it is not possible to do

Rocketman!

Feb 19, 2019
Oem unlocking must not be removed but hidden or disabled, because if it was removed it would not show up in search and then say it's under developer options. So you must be incorrect.