• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Unlock Bootloader Tutorial for realme X50 5G

Search This thread

tomyan112

Aug 16, 2014
OnePlus 2
Realme X50 5G
attachment.php

Supports RMX2051 only

Note: The full kernel sources are available in the link below!
https://github.com/realme-kernel-opensource/realmeX50-kernel-source

Hello Fans of realme X50 5G,

Want to unlock your bootloader? Here is the step-by-step guide you have been waiting for - but please make sure to read the disclaimer too so you will know what to expect!

Keep in mind that the process of unlocking the bootloader will be referred to as in-depth test in the tutorial.

First, please read the “Disclaimer” carefully.

【Disclaimer】

1. After unlocking your phone ALL OF YOUR DATA WILL BE ERASED! Backup before you proceed.

2. In-depth test may have unforeseeable impacts on your phone.

3. Some functions may not operate properly because of third-party firmware, such as the photo-taking function of the camera. It may also cause device damage.

4. Personal and confidential information on phone may leak, and security may be compromised.

5. In-depth test may modify some of the system functions, and prevent you from updating the system version to enjoy the latest ColorOS.

Second, read the steps below for the in-depth test

Preparation:

realme X50 5G - with 60%+ battery

1 x USB Cable

1 x PC / MacBook

Step 1. Make sure you have backed up your data, unlocking your phone will erase all of your data.

Step 2. Make sure your system version is the official and latest one.

Step 3. Download and install the unlock tool apk on your phone.
View attachment DeepTesting_realme_X50.apk
Install it to apply for the bootloader unlock via the tool.

Step 4. Follow the detailed steps below to unlock the bootloader.

#1. enable developer options
Settings > About Phone > Build Number
tap the Build Number option 7 times

#2 unlock oemlock
Settings > other settings> developer mode
#3Open unlock tool.
1.png

#4. Click “Start applying”.
attachment.php

#5. Please read the disclaimer in detail, select the checkbox, and submit your application.
The application will be checked by our servers.
Within approximately 1 hour, the unlock tool apk will show the status of the unlock request - if it shows the unlocking is successful, please proceed to the following step.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Download and install the fastboot tool on your PC or MacBook (check this https://www.xda-developers.com/google-releases-separate-adb-and-fastboot-binary-downloads/), use a cable to connect phone and PC. In Fastboot mode use engineering command in the picture below to unlock

- Enter the command: adb reboot bootloader

- Press “Enter”on your keyboard

- Enter the command: fastboot flashing unlock

- Press “Enter”on your keyboard
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

https://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5137189&stc=1&d=1605631133/IMG]
FAQ

Q1: How to relock the bootloader?

#1. Download the unlock tool again to apply to exit the in-depth test.
[IMG]https://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5137187&stc=1&d=1605631133
Q2: Are there any risks after unlocking the bootloader?

Please be aware that realme cannot guarantee the full functionality, and will not be responsible, for any third-party unsigned custom ROM being flashed onto your device after the bootloader is unlocked. An unsigned third-party custom ROM may not have gone through the thorough tests that we run for each device and software version that we release.

A third-party custom ROM may not work properly on your device, and certain functions and services may cease to work. The performance and device data may also be affected, and may damage the device permanently. In the worst case, unlocking bootloader will cause physical injuries or material damage for ex. due to device overheating.

Q3: Will it affect future OTAs after unlocking?

Secure user data partition may also become inaccessible and you will not be able to get official software upgrades if you unlock the bootloader. Once re-locked the bootloader, users will receive official OTAs again.

Q4: Will it affect warranty?

Warranty will be fully applied to problems caused by realme 3 unlocking or flashing a custom ROM.

Q5: How to flash back the official ROM after installing a custom ROM?

Users need to go to a service center to flash the device FREE of charge.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    37.2 KB · Views: 79
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 1,760
  • 3.png
    3.png
    56.4 KB · Views: 1,735
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 1,723
  • realmex505g.png
    realmex505g.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 1,860
  • 5.png
    5.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 1,636
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 1,637
  • 7.png
    7.png
    2.9 KB · Views: 1,619
  • 9.png
    9.png
    4.7 KB · Views: 1,607
  • 11.png
    11.png
    50.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

siamese007

Oct 8, 2017
Bangkok
Hello there, Thank you for your detailed explanation for unlocking bootloader for Realme X50 5G.
I used to download the deeptest apk from other website, but the result was not successful. The deeptest app said "my device is not supported."
My device model is RMX2025. And my quick question is this deeptest app will support RMX2025, won't it?

tomyan112

Aug 16, 2014
OnePlus 2
Realme X50 5G
Hello there, Thank you for your detailed explanation for unlocking bootloader for Realme X50 5G.
I used to download the deeptest apk from other website, but the result was not successful. The deeptest app said "my device is not supported."
My device model is RMX2025. And my quick question is this deeptest app will support RMX2025, won't it?

This app supports RMX2051.

Last edited:

totmakina

Nov 13, 2013
Moto G 5G Plus
I received my realme x50 5g yesterday and it was already updated.
My model is RMX2144. It is the European version right?
Will the application work on this model? Thank you!!

C

Craaazy

Hello! I have version RMX 2025, the application says that the phone is not supported

wongx

Oct 17, 2021
I have RMX2051 but when I install the deep testing apk, it opens and then the app closes immediately. Any idea why this happens?

Notes:
- OEM unlock is enabled
- All permissions for the app are enabled and I also restarted my phone but it still crashes
- USB debugging is enabled (though this isn't relevant for opening the app)

Could it be because I'm on Android 11 and this apk only supports Android 10?

If no solution.... what is the purpose of the deeptesting application? What would happen if I just skip this step and proceed to the fastboot tool step with the PC?

.gif of trying to open it: https://ibb.co/F3ym46B

Last edited:

siamese007

Oct 8, 2017
Bangkok
I have RMX2051 but when I install the deep testing apk, it opens and then the app closes immediately. Any idea why this happens?

Notes:
- OEM unlock is enabled
- All permissions for the app are enabled and I also restarted my phone but it still crashes

If no solution.... what is the purpose of the deeptesting application? What would happen if I just skip this step and proceed to the fastboot tool step with the PC?

It is possible that your deeptesting app does not support Android 11 as you assumed. If you fail to run deeptesting and unlock your phone, your fastboot commands to manipulate the system will not work. That means you cannot skip deeptesting step for unlocking purpose. Another possiblility is Realme changed their mind and canceled unlocking all models of X50 5G. So there is no possible deeptesting app available for X50 5G again.

Anyways if you do intend to unlock your RMX2051, there are a couple methods that may work:
1. Downgrade your Android 11 to Android 10 by flashing tool to flash official firmware of Android 10. Or any possible ways to do this.
2. Try factory reset and install and run deeptesting app again.
3. Search and download deeptesting app for Android 11, if this may exist.

Hope one of this works.

Reactions: wongx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Notes:
    - OEM unlock is enabled

It is possible that your deeptesting app does not support Android 11 as you assumed. If you fail to run deeptesting and unlock your phone, your fastboot commands to manipulate the system will not work. That means you cannot skip deeptesting step for unlocking purpose. Another possiblility is Realme changed their mind and canceled unlocking all models of X50 5G. So there is no possible deeptesting app available for X50 5G again.

Anyways if you do intend to unlock your RMX2051, there are a couple methods that may work:
    1. Downgrade your Android 11 to Android 10 by flashing tool to flash official firmware of Android 10. Or any possible ways to do this.
    2. Try factory reset and install and run deeptesting app again.
    3. Search and download deeptesting app for Android 11, if this may exist.

Hope one of this works.