[Unlock Bootloader + TWRP + ROOT + CUSTOM ROM] Working on Xiaomi Mi 10T/Pro

Did you found this helpfull? Did it work for you?

• Total voters
Search This thread

cybercubi15

Dec 21, 2014
Hoping someone can offer any suggestions. Running Mi 10T with MIUI 12.5.7; I can flash TWRP, flash Magisk, boot into system, confirm Magisk root, get back to bootloader, flash vbmeta, boot into TWRP, flash disable dm-verity.... after this I cannot boot into system. I even tried flashing a custom rom from recovery, but I still cannot boot, phone goes into flashing screen of TWRP... I have tried the TWRP version included in this thread as well as the most recent beta 3.52, and I have tried the full disable dm-verity zip I found through Google. I am not sure what I am doing wrong, have tired this a dozen times at least. Any help is appreciated.

cybercubi15

Dec 21, 2014
I found the solution for installing custom ROMs for the first time and it's a far cry from the process described on the first page. It always involves losing your data. I am in doubt that there's a good process at the moment that'll allow you to keep your data when moving away from the stock ROM. In short, the process involves this:

1. Put the phone into fastboot mode. Do not install TWRP but simply boot into it with i.e.
Code:
fastboot boot twrp.img

2. When in TWRP transfer your ROM (and Magisk if you want root) from your PC to the internal storage. With the correct drivers on your PC you should be able to do a data transfer as always. Flash ROM and optionally Magisk. Do not flash DMVerity remover!

3. After you have successfully flashed ROM and Magisk, reboot once again into recovery, not into system.

4. You'll now find yourself in stock recovery. You'll have to do a data wipe. After that you can boot into the system of your new ROM. That's it.

You might be able to flash TWRP permanently after this but I would advise against it. Incompatible TWRP is the main source of bootloops (fastboot and recovery loops amongst them). For some reason stock recovery is the only way to correctly wipe the data partition. This might have something to do with the filesystem and/or SE Linux context but until somebody finds out a secure alternative method I for my part will not flash TWRP.

If you want to upgrade your custom ROM the next time, you should be able to do it with steps 1-3, booting into system after that.
I can confirm this works! Thanks.

MohsanAli

Feb 23, 2016
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
Hello!
need help with xiaomi mi 10t. I was on twrp recovery, through this recovery i installed arrow os.12 gapps variant. it replaces my recovery to arrow os recovery and also changed fastboot. Arrow os 12 was leggy so i tried to install twrp recovery to move to another rom. but got the error "Download is not allowed on locked device". Please help me to remove this error.

NetDog75

Jan 20, 2011
Hello,
I use the xiaomi eu 12.5.8 rom. I rooted my phone with magisk, but I can not mount the system as RW, because I forgot to flash the vbmeta and the Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt.....
My question:
I will destroy my system if I will install this 2 image?

Katywillium

Jun 9, 2022

[CONFIRMED] ( WORKING ON XIAOMI MI 10T/PRO )​

|-Full tutorial for everything-|

/** * Your warranty is now void. * * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. **/

---Unlocking bootloader---

This is one of the easiest parts of this tutorial.
-Please keep in mind that this process will reset your device-

You will need:

• Xiaomi Mi 10T/PRO device
  • USB cable
  • Computer
  • MiFlash tool (official by Xiaomi for unlocking bootloader) [LINK]
  • 168 hours already spent on your Xiaomi device (It is a security feature that you cannot bypass)​
  • USB drivers for your device [LINK]
  • Created Xiaomi Account (Used to log in to the MiFlash tool --> so you could unlock your specific device that has the same account on it) [LINK]
  • ADB, Fastboot tools on Windows [LINK]
-And that should everything needed for unlocking your bootloader-​

Process:

1. Open Settings --> About Phone --> TAP on your MIUI version till you see (You are now a developer)
  2. View attachment 5249541
  3. Go to Additional Settings --> Developer Options --> OEM Unlock + Mi Unlock Status + USB Debugging
  4. View attachment 5249545
  5. Go to Mi Unlock Status --> Add your Account (If you have not already) and device (Do what you see on the screen)
  6. View attachment 5249547
  7. Enable USB Debugging + Change Default USB Configuration (saves us some time)
  8. View attachment 5249549
  9. View attachment 5249551
  10. View attachment 5249553
  11. Plug your Xiaomi Mi 10T/Pro into the computer and choose on your mobile File Transfer. If anytime it asks you to prompt USB debugging from your computer --> Allow it and set it always to allow this computer.
  12. You will now run Command prompt as ADMIN. Go to your ADB, Fastboot tools path with $ cd C:\YOUR\PATH\TO\PLATFORM\TOOLS (now your adb and fastboot commands will work)
  13. Check if your device is connected to the computer --> $ adb devices Now go to fastboot $ adb reboot bootloader
  14. Open the MiFlash tool and log in to your Xiaomi Account --> Hit refresh and you should see your Xiaomi Mi 10T/Pro device (It will have a different name in the program --> fastboot name) Now hit UNLOCK, and that is all, your device is now Unlocked.
  15. OPTIONAL: If your device has not appeared in the MiFlash tool, open up Driver Booster and check for Drivers, update any MISSING DRIVERS and try again (The program works 100%, but sometimes it does not show the device because of NONE USB drivers in Fastboot mode or BAD USB drivers --> if you fix this you can easily Unlock it like in step 7.)
  16. Now your DEVICE will reset and show you a little icon of an unlocked lock on the top of the screen, which means your bootloader is unlocked.
  17. DONE

---Flashing TWRP and ROOT---

You will need:

• USB cable
  • Computer
  • TWRP image (should be renamed to recovery.img) [LINK]
  • Vbmeta - This is used to flash to vbmeta, so No-verity-opt-encrypt could work (the file is inside vbmeta.zip called vbmeta.img) [LINK]
  • No-verity-opt-encrypt - this is used so we could decrypt our phone storage (in short --> so we could WIPE everything --> very useful when flashing custom ROMS) [LINK]
  • MAGISK for ROOT (rename .apk to .zip) [LINK] (could be outdated in the future, search for Magisk GitHub and download the latest .apk version)

Process:

1. Plug your Xiaomi Mi 10T/Pro into the computer and choose on your mobile File Transfer. If anytime it asks you to prompt USB debugging from your computer --> Allow it and set it always to allow this computer.
  2. You will now run Command prompt as ADMIN. Go to your ADB, Fastboot tools path with $ cd C:\YOUR\PATH\TO\PLATFORM\TOOLS (now your adb and fastboot commands will work)
  3. Check if your device is connected to the computer --> $ adb devices Now go to fastboot $ adb reboot bootloader
  4. Your downloaded files should be in your ADB, Fastboot folder so you can flash them (TWRP, vbmeta)
  5. Now type $ fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
  6. After that is done, we will go to the recovery. Type $ fastboot boot recovery.img this will boot us into the recovery.
  7. Now you should be in TWRP recovery.
  8. Now we can flash MAGISK. Firstly we need to send it to our mobile phone. $ adb push Magisk.zip /sdcard (name of the magisk will be different)
  9. Go to the Install section on your phone and select Magisk --> now, swipe. Now you should have Magisk successfully flashed into your device.
  10. Exit from recovery to system. --> Reboot section --> choose System (on the top)
  11. If everything goes right, you can now run MAGISK apk, and it will ask you for additional things, etc.; etc., click OK, and your phone will reboot after 5 seconds. Congratulations, you have successfully installed TWRP recovery, and you have ROOT too.
  12. Now let's go back to fastboot mode. This time we will use MAGISK. On the top right side should be a "reload button," click it and select REBOOT TO BOOTLOADER.
  13. On your computer, now flash vbmeta with this command. $ fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img.
  14. Next type $ fastboot boot recovery.img to go back to recovery, we need to flash now the no-verity-opt-encrypt. When you are there, push that file to your mobile like this. $ adb push Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_11.02.2020.zip /sdcard (name of the file could be different). Once that is done, go to the install section, click on the no-verity-opt-encrypt, and swipe to flash it.
  15. Now you can reboot to System and download the Official TWRP app [LINK] (might be outdated, search for TWRP Official app apkmirror, and download the latest version)
  16. This app is handy for flashing other versions of TWRP without the need for a computer. GUIDE: Open the app --> TWRP Flash --> It will ask you to prompt SuperUser rights, click allow. --> You will see two buttons (Select a device and Select a file to flash) --> The Select Device option is left empty (No device selected) and now click on the Select a file to flash and choose your .img file of TWRP. Now you tap, FLASH TO RECOVERY, and you are done.
  17. DONE

---Flashing custom ROMS---

You will need:

• USB cable
  • Computer
  • Your custom ROM .zip file
  • Everything else mentioned in this tutorial (TWRP, MAGISK, etc...)

Process:

1. Go to the recovery using Magisk or whatever you like.
  2. This time, we will go to the WIPE section. Do a regular SWIPE --> then FORMAT DATA (type YES) --> then Advanced WIPE (select everything EXCEPT for USB OTG)
  3. Now, if you did everything right, there should not be many errors (It should always show SUCCESSFUL on the top of the screen when operating)
  4. Now we can push our custom ROM .zip file to our Xiaomi Mi 10T/Pro device. The command should look like this $ adb push Evolution_X.zip /sdcard (the name of the custom ROM can be different)
  5. Go to the Install section, select your custom ROM and install it. Now, pray that nothing goes wrong. I have done it right with THIS EXACT TUTORIAL (made by my friend and me). If anything bad happens, ask me for help if you need it. Reboot to the System and ENJOY your new ROM.
  6. DONE
I hope that this helped you. I had to find pretty much all of this on my own. Enjoy.

There are more Custom ROMS for Xiaomi Mi 10T/Pro:
(not on xda, but a Telegram group)

TELEGRAM GROUPS:
MOD EDIT: Telegram link removed, please read the STICKY!

PitchBlackRecoveryProject (might not work for everyone)
[LINK]
How to download Magisk, I am facing trouble downloading it, anyone know that Magiskmanager is down? [LINK]

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
How to download Magisk, I am facing trouble downloading it, anyone know that Magiskmanager is down? [LINK]
@Katywillium I already greeted you as a new member in two other threads by you. Please be aware that magiskmanager.com and links to that site are not welcomed on XDA and that implies information of the site's status, too.
@jenaplisken gratefully pointed you to the only accepted source for Magisk on XDA: The Github of our Senior RD @topjohnwu

Regards
Oswald Boelcke
Senior Moderator

Last edited:
Reactions: yyz71

jenaplisken

Dec 2, 2008
@StatDam thanks for the guide. Can you please confirm the procedure is same for MIUI13. My device is on MIUI Global 13.0.5 (Android 12).
The first part is the same. For TWRP and ROOT part, now there are TWRP able to decript. So you have only to Flash TWRP via ADB. After that you can do what you want (eg. root with magisk or install new rom)

Reactions: Negan_

BL4KMRK8

Jun 25, 2022
Google Pixel 6
All attempts to boot into TWRP are failing for me unfortunately. It results in TWRP Recovery Logo Bootlooping.

I'm on MIUI 13. It seems LineageOS Recovery works no problem for me though...

Does anyone know of way to get TWRP Recovery working on the Mi 10T running the most recent updates?

jenaplisken

Dec 2, 2008
All attempts to boot into TWRP are failing for me unfortunately. It results in TWRP Recovery Logo Bootlooping.

I'm on MIUI 13. It seems LineageOS Recovery works no problem for me though...

Does anyone know of way to get TWRP Recovery working on the Mi 10T running the most recent updates?
I'm using it for xiaomi.eu. i think it's the most recent working twrp (decrypt also working).
You can flash it via fastboot or via twrp

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

[CONFIRMED] ( WORKING ON XIAOMI MI 10T/PRO )​

|-Full tutorial for everything-|

/** * Your warranty is now void. * * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. **/

---Unlocking bootloader---

This is one of the easiest parts of this tutorial.
    -Please keep in mind that this process will reset your device-

You will need:

• USB cable
    • Computer
    • MiFlash tool (official by Xiaomi for unlocking bootloader) [LINK]
    • 168 hours already spent on your Xiaomi device (It is a security feature that you cannot bypass)​
    • USB drivers for your device [LINK]
    • Created Xiaomi Account (Used to log in to the MiFlash tool --> so you could unlock your specific device that has the same account on it) [LINK]
    • ADB, Fastboot tools on Windows [LINK]
    -And that should everything needed for unlocking your bootloader-​

Process:

1. Open Settings --> About Phone --> TAP on your MIUI version till you see (You are now a developer)
    2. 1615716824282.png
    3. Go to Additional Settings --> Developer Options --> OEM Unlock + Mi Unlock Status + USB Debugging
    4. 1615713637531.jpg
    5. Go to Mi Unlock Status --> Add your Account (If you have not already) and device (Do what you see on the screen)
    6. 1615713637526.jpg
    7. Enable USB Debugging + Change Default USB Configuration (saves us some time)
    8. 1615713637522.jpg
    9. 1615713637510.jpg
    10. 1615713637500.jpg
    11. Plug your Xiaomi Mi 10T/Pro into the computer and choose on your mobile File Transfer. If anytime it asks you to prompt USB debugging from your computer --> Allow it and set it always to allow this computer.
    12. You will now run Command prompt as ADMIN. Go to your ADB, Fastboot tools path with $ cd C:\YOUR\PATH\TO\PLATFORM\TOOLS (now your adb and fastboot commands will work)
    13. Check if your device is connected to the computer --> $ adb devices Now go to fastboot $ adb reboot bootloader
    14. Open the MiFlash tool and log in to your Xiaomi Account --> Hit refresh and you should see your Xiaomi Mi 10T/Pro device (It will have a different name in the program --> fastboot name) Now hit UNLOCK, and that is all, your device is now Unlocked.
    15. OPTIONAL: If your device has not appeared in the MiFlash tool, open up Driver Booster and check for Drivers, update any MISSING DRIVERS and try again (The program works 100%, but sometimes it does not show the device because of NONE USB drivers in Fastboot mode or BAD USB drivers --> if you fix this you can easily Unlock it like in step 7.)
    16. Now your DEVICE will reset and show you a little icon of an unlocked lock on the top of the screen, which means your bootloader is unlocked.
    17. DONE

---Flashing TWRP and ROOT---

You will need:

• USB cable
    • Computer
    • TWRP image (should be renamed to recovery.img) [LINK]
    • Vbmeta - This is used to flash to vbmeta, so No-verity-opt-encrypt could work (the file is inside vbmeta.zip called vbmeta.img) [LINK]
    • No-verity-opt-encrypt - this is used so we could decrypt our phone storage (in short --> so we could WIPE everything --> very useful when flashing custom ROMS) [LINK]
    • MAGISK for ROOT (rename .apk to .zip) [LINK] (could be outdated in the future, search for Magisk GitHub and download the latest .apk version)

Process:

1. Plug your Xiaomi Mi 10T/Pro into the computer and choose on your mobile File Transfer. If anytime it asks you to prompt USB debugging from your computer --> Allow it and set it always to allow this computer.
    2. You will now run Command prompt as ADMIN. Go to your ADB, Fastboot tools path with $ cd C:\YOUR\PATH\TO\PLATFORM\TOOLS (now your adb and fastboot commands will work)
    3. Check if your device is connected to the computer --> $ adb devices Now go to fastboot $ adb reboot bootloader
    4. Your downloaded files should be in your ADB, Fastboot folder so you can flash them (TWRP, vbmeta)
    5. Now type $ fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    6. After that is done, we will go to the recovery. Type $ fastboot boot recovery.img this will boot us into the recovery.
    7. Now you should be in TWRP recovery.
    8. Now we can flash MAGISK. Firstly we need to send it to our mobile phone. $ adb push Magisk.zip /sdcard (name of the magisk will be different)
    9. Go to the Install section on your phone and select Magisk --> now, swipe. Now you should have Magisk successfully flashed into your device.
    10. Exit from recovery to system. --> Reboot section --> choose System (on the top)
    11. If everything goes right, you can now run MAGISK apk, and it will ask you for additional things, etc.; etc., click OK, and your phone will reboot after 5 seconds. Congratulations, you have successfully installed TWRP recovery, and you have ROOT too.
    12. Now let's go back to fastboot mode. This time we will use MAGISK. On the top right side should be a "reload button," click it and select REBOOT TO BOOTLOADER.
    13. On your computer, now flash vbmeta with this command. $ fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img.
    14. Next type $ fastboot boot recovery.img to go back to recovery, we need to flash now the no-verity-opt-encrypt. When you are there, push that file to your mobile like this. $ adb push Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_11.02.2020.zip /sdcard (name of the file could be different). Once that is done, go to the install section, click on the no-verity-opt-encrypt, and swipe to flash it.
    15. Now you can reboot to System and download the Official TWRP app [LINK] (might be outdated, search for TWRP Official app apkmirror, and download the latest version)
    16. This app is handy for flashing other versions of TWRP without the need for a computer. GUIDE: Open the app --> TWRP Flash --> It will ask you to prompt SuperUser rights, click allow. --> You will see two buttons (Select a device and Select a file to flash) --> The Select Device option is left empty (No device selected) and now click on the Select a file to flash and choose your .img file of TWRP. Now you tap, FLASH TO RECOVERY, and you are done.
    17. DONE

---Flashing custom ROMS---

You will need:

• USB cable
    • Computer
    • Your custom ROM .zip file
    • Everything else mentioned in this tutorial (TWRP, MAGISK, etc...)

Process:

1. Go to the recovery using Magisk or whatever you like.
    2. This time, we will go to the WIPE section. Do a regular SWIPE --> then FORMAT DATA (type YES) --> then Advanced WIPE (select everything EXCEPT for USB OTG)
    3. Now, if you did everything right, there should not be many errors (It should always show SUCCESSFUL on the top of the screen when operating)
    4. Now we can push our custom ROM .zip file to our Xiaomi Mi 10T/Pro device. The command should look like this $ adb push Evolution_X.zip /sdcard (the name of the custom ROM can be different)
    5. Go to the Install section, select your custom ROM and install it. Now, pray that nothing goes wrong. I have done it right with THIS EXACT TUTORIAL (made by my friend and me). If anything bad happens, ask me for help if you need it. Reboot to the System and ENJOY your new ROM.
    6. DONE
    I hope that this helped you. I had to find pretty much all of this on my own. Enjoy.

There are more Custom ROMS for Xiaomi Mi 10T/Pro:
    (not on xda, but a Telegram group)

TELEGRAM GROUPS:
    MOD EDIT: Telegram link removed, please read the STICKY!

PitchBlackRecoveryProject (might not work for everyone)
    [LINK]
    I am stuck in fastboot mode after flashing vbmeta. How can I boot the phone to normal?
    I'm not in any way a pro at this but this is what Whyle told me to do when I faced the same issue. Try this, download the MIUI rom that you were on before, extract vbmeta.img from the rom, flash that vbmeta back via fastboot. If it still wont boot, you could just flash boot.img ( also extracted from the MIUI rom that you were from ) to boot and recovery. But that would delete all your data which is what I've done.

The command for flashing the boot.img is

fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash recovery boot.img
    fastboot reboot

You will still be booted to an unlocked bootloader tho. Hope it helps.
    Thanks for guide, might help someone.

For this device there only exist two custom ROMS for now, Evolution X and Lineage OS

That is not correct. Those two are the ones you will find ond XDA but on Telegram there is more roms.
    Lineage has not been updated since December but there is a unofficial 18.1 made by someone on Telegram, seems it is for testing only and not released yet.

There is these roms besides Evo X and Lineage:

Project 404
    HentaiOS
    CrDroid
    Fluid
    AncientOS
    Pixel Experience - To be released soon.

There is more roms but they are not updated and is not worth mentioning here.
    I found the solution for installing custom ROMs for the first time and it's a far cry from the process described on the first page. It always involves losing your data. I am in doubt that there's a good process at the moment that'll allow you to keep your data when moving away from the stock ROM. In short, the process involves this:

1. Put the phone into fastboot mode. Do not install TWRP but simply boot into it with i.e.
    Code:
    fastboot boot twrp.img

2. When in TWRP transfer your ROM (and Magisk if you want root) from your PC to the internal storage. With the correct drivers on your PC you should be able to do a data transfer as always. Flash ROM and optionally Magisk. Do not flash DMVerity remover!

3. After you have successfully flashed ROM and Magisk, reboot once again into recovery, not into system.

4. You'll now find yourself in stock recovery. You'll have to do a data wipe. After that you can boot into the system of your new ROM. That's it.

You might be able to flash TWRP permanently after this but I would advise against it. Incompatible TWRP is the main source of bootloops (fastboot and recovery loops amongst them). For some reason stock recovery is the only way to correctly wipe the data partition. This might have something to do with the filesystem and/or SE Linux context but until somebody finds out a secure alternative method I for my part will not flash TWRP.

If you want to upgrade your custom ROM the next time, you should be able to do it with steps 1-3, booting into system after that.
    Glad I could help, somehow... 😂
    Well, this guide you have created helped me in rooting my device.