UNLOCK Bootloader Zenfone 5z APK from ASUS Website

Search This thread

jak0n

Feb 10, 2023
Turkey
5. Run the script again but when you see that the phone is restarting and started back in fastboot with state UNLOCKED imediately close the command prompt window from the computer.
It may brick the device if disconnected at wrong time.
Disconnect it just at the right time as I said (after first reboot in fastboot + on the screen should say state UNLOCKED).
It's better to leave the script run itself again completly if you missed the first restart and repeat the process from step 4 again.
I couldn't understand this part because my English is poor. Can you please explain clearly?
I got to the third step, when i restarted it already said "unlocked".

SOLVED

Last edited:

schlug

Aug 4, 2013
A new method to unlock bootloader without ASUS APK

Here is a factory ABL (aka bootloader) image file from Android 10 user raw package, it will make bootloader unlock untill flash back to the stock file.

1. download the attach file (ZS620KL_unlock_bootloader.zip)
2. reboot zenfone 5Z to fastboot mode
3. extract the zip file
4. make sure bootloader driver is properly installed and recognized in windows
5. execute 'flash_abl.bat' (it will wipe userdata after that!!!)
6. now your device is bootloader unlocked
Thanks for that. It worked perfectly!

Madlisboa

Oct 12, 2012
Sintra

Here is a factory ABL (aka bootloader) image file from Android 10 user raw package, it will make bootloader unlock untill flash back to the stock file.

3. extract the zip file
Worked like a charm, thx a lot. :)

shinr4

Ok, so I ran in the same problem. I eventually bricked my phone (not totally, fastboot was still accesible) so I tried to flash this original Asus ROM back.

Everything was fine, the phone worked as original with Android 10.

But then I noticed that when I run the script of the file that I posted above, the state of my phone was unlocked for a couple of seconds, so I imediately closed the command prompt in Windows when that happend (after the script has rebooted the phone once) and it remained unlocked. Then I have proceeded with this guide and it worked like a charm, I have succesfully installed ArrowOS 13 back on my phone without Official Asus Unlocking tool APK.

STEPS FOR UNLOCKING BOOTLOADER WITHOUT ASUS APK

(IT WORKED FOR ME, I DO NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSABILITIES FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MAY OCCURE)

Please back up any file before proceeding the steps. THEY DO REMOVE USER DATA!

1. Download this: SCRIPT_ASUS_ORIGINAL_UNBRICKING

2. Unzip it, and run flashall_AFT.cmd while in FASTBOOT mode (power+vol up).
Leave it still until is complete (let the script execute itself completly!! It may brick device if disconnected at wrong time)

3. Let the phone start until Welcome screen. You should see original Asus first time boot.

4. Go back in fastboot mode (power+vol up)

5. Run the script again but when you see that the phone is restarting and started back in fastboot with state UNLOCKED imediately close the command prompt window from the computer.
Disconnect it just at the right time as I said (after first reboot in fastboot + on the screen should say state UNLOCKED).
It's better to leave the script run itself again completly if you missed the first restart and repeat the process from step 4 again.

6. Now, the bootloader is unlocked, you can follow normal process: NOOB GUIDE

Please let me know if it worked for you too.
1684163817279.png

For some reason it doesn't work, do you know why? USB Debugging is on

sppidy

May 23, 2023
Ok, so I ran in the same problem. I eventually bricked my phone (not totally, fastboot was still accesible) so I tried to flash this original Asus ROM back.

But then I noticed that when I run the script of the file that I posted above, the state of my phone was unlocked for a couple of seconds, so I imediately closed the command prompt in Windows when that happend (after the script has rebooted the phone once) and it remained unlocked. Then I have proceeded with this guide and it worked like a charm, I have succesfully installed ArrowOS 13 back on my phone without Official Asus Unlocking tool APK.

(IT WORKED FOR ME, I DO NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSABILITIES FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MAY OCCURE)

Leave it still until is complete (let the script execute itself completly!! It may brick device if disconnected at wrong time)

3. Let the phone start until Welcome screen. You should see original Asus first time boot.

Thanks a lot.... It Worked like a Charm.... ❤️❤️

kcl0801

Oct 1, 2012

3. extract the zip file
this one worked like a charm, thank you sooooooooooooo much

sgrurika

Sep 7, 2015

it useful
you are great!!

Godfather1366

Aug 22, 2023
Um novo método para desbloquear o bootloader sem ASUS APK

Aqui está um arquivo de imagem ABL (também conhecido como bootloader) de fábrica do pacote bruto do usuário do Android 10, ele fará o desbloqueio do bootloader até o flash voltar para o arquivo de estoque.

1. baixe o arquivo anexado ( ZS620KL_unlock_bootloader.zip )
2. reinicie o zenfone 5Z no modo fastboot
3. extraia o arquivo zip
4. Certifique-se de que o driver do carregador de inicialização esteja instalado corretamente e reconhecido no Windows
5. execute 'flash_abl.bat' (ele apagará os dados do usuário depois disso!!!)
6. agora seu dispositivo está com o bootloader desbloqueado
Funcionou perfeitamente comigo.

É importante relembrar que a instalação do driver do aparelho que você vai fazer o desbloqueio é muito importante. No site da Asus se encontra.
Depois de instalado, é interessante você usar no CMD e executar o comando : fastboot devices. Para ver se o seu aparelho foi reconhecido para só depois executar o comando: flash_abl.bat.

germanloco

Sep 26, 2023
Funcionou perfeitamente comigo.

É importante relembrar que a instalação do driver do aparelho que você vai fazer o desbloqueio é muito importante. No site da Asus se encontra.
Depois de instalado, é interessante você usar no CMD e executar o comando : fastboot devices. Para ver se o seu aparelho foi reconhecido para só depois executar o comando: flash_abl.bat
Hello! I need some help.-

I have an Asus Zenfone 5z, but when i connect to windows 10 the device on device manager appear like "Portable Device ASUS_Z01RD" not like "Android Device", and when i try to install drivers it tell me that the drivers are broke.-
I have already tried several drivers and I cannot get the device not to be detected as "ASUS_Z01RD Portable Device".

What can i do to fix driver problem?.-

¡Hola! Necesito algo de ayuda.-

Tengo un Asus Zenfone 5z, pero cuando me conecto a Windows 10, el dispositivo en el administrador de dispositivos aparece como "Dispositivo portátil ASUS_Z01RD", no como "Dispositivo Android", y cuando intento instalar los controladores, me dice que los controladores no funcionan.
Ya probe con varios drivers y no puedo lograr que el disposito no sea detectado como "Dispositivo portátil ASUS_Z01RD".

¿Qué puedo hacer para solucionar el problema del controlador?

Thanks!

Gracias!

germanloco

Sep 26, 2023

I have an Asus Zenfone 5z, but when i connect to windows 10 the device on device manager appear like "Portable Device ASUS_Z01RD" not like "Android Device", and when i try to install drivers it tell me that the drivers are broke.-
I have already tried several drivers and I cannot get the device not to be detected as "ASUS_Z01RD Portable Device".

Tengo un Asus Zenfone 5z, pero cuando me conecto a Windows 10, el dispositivo en el administrador de dispositivos aparece como "Dispositivo portátil ASUS_Z01RD", no como "Dispositivo Android", y cuando intento instalar los controladores, me dice que los controladores no funcionan.
Ya probe con varios drivers y no puedo lograr que el disposito no sea detectado como "Dispositivo portátil ASUS_Z01RD".

Thanks!

Gracias!

i resolved driver problem, but now when use command "FASTBOOT DEVICES" not see the phone, and its correctly attached.-
i have to boot on fastboot before use "fastboot devices" command to see device?

Resolví el problema del controlador, pero ahora, cuando uso el comando "DISPOSITIVOS FASTBOOT", no veo el teléfono y está conectado correctamente.
¿Tengo que iniciar fastboot antes de usar el comando "dispositivos fastboot" para ver el dispositivo?

germanloco

Sep 26, 2023
i resolved driver problem, but now when use command "FASTBOOT DEVICES" not see the phone, and its correctly attached.-
i have to boot on fastboot before use "fastboot devices" command to see device?

Resolví el problema del controlador, pero ahora, cuando uso el comando "DISPOSITIVOS FASTBOOT", no veo el teléfono y está conectado correctamente.
¿Tengo que iniciar fastboot antes de usar el comando "dispositivos fastboot" para ver el dispositivo?
SOLVED

germanloco

Sep 26, 2023

Thanks!

Gracias!
SOLVED

n_boy86

Jul 9, 2009
it would be awesome if this manage to worked :( only waiting , nothing worked need new rom cause the battery drain is awful :( please help tell me if this still working cheers

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

3. extract the zip file
    Hi Guys,
    I found this file for unlocking the boot loader officially from the ASUS website, It can unlock the boot loader after the latest update too.
    Please note
    If you unlock your boot loader you will not be able to get OTA update but you can download and update your phone manually.
    Also your warranty will be void.
    Your Data (Storage) and phone data will be fully gone so please take a backup.

Try at your own risk!
    https://www.asus.com/Phone/ZenFone-5Z-ZS620KL/HelpDesk_Download/

You need to select android as os on the page for the download to become visible.
    Yeah that sucks. The phone is still perfect bit now just lying around
    Same like Me, and no anyone reply

I couldn't do the process because my computer is Linux. I doing it from Windows, is there any need for a driver or something like that?
    You should have the adb platform tools for windows, connect your phone via usb and if you see phone's serial number as output for adb devices .... you are good to go, download the zip from above, follow the steps, for sure your Zenfone 5z would be unlocked ...... I had the latest firmware from asus website installed on my phone.