Unlock carrier locked bootloader Pixel [BETA]

Search This thread

#mcl

Mar 26, 2020
Spain
Google Pixel 4 XL
Hi!
So I decided I wanted to flash custom software into my phone, but it's bootloader was locked so I figure a way to unlock it!
I am going to leave 2 methods: 👊🏻

1. It's the most risky but has more chance of working. The idea is to flash the whole firmware again to the phone, but from an unlocked model.
This is posible using the EDL mode and Sahara protocol.
The EDL mode is an emergency mode which allows user to flash firmware in case fastboot and ADB fails. It's also available in all Qualcomm devices.
It is also completly independent from the rest of the phone, and it's the first bootloader we have. If everything is ok it triggers the second bootloader(fastboot) which then boots the system(See the diagram if you want).
⚠️As we want to reflash the firmware keep in mind this could brick your phone and I won't take any resposability if it happen ⚠️

Materials:
-QPST
-Qualcomm Driver
-Working USB Cable
-Fastboot and ADB set up and working
-knoledge on using ADB

Procedure:
1. Download and install Qualcomm drivers

2. Download and install QPST

4.Downlaod the MBN file

3. Reboot

4. Connect the phone to the PC, then open cmd and run "adb reboot edl".
If you are on fastboot mode, then try "fastboot oem edl", "fastboot reboot-edl", "fastboot reboot edl". One of this should work

5. Go to C:\Program Files\Qualcomm\QPST\bin\

6.Open QPST Config(it's a blue phone, see picture)

7. Click on "Start clients" and then "Software download". A new window should open

8. Now we need to select the phone image using the browser button

9. Click on start to flash ⚡️

Please be aware the method wasn't tested, so this could brick your phone. ⚠️
If you decide to try it, and have questions or ru into problems during the process, please let me know. 😇
Also remember to take a backup of your data, as it is goig to be lost. ℹ

As for the second method, I tried it and it didn't work for me, but is completly safe so you may want to give it a try. 💁🏻‍♂️
1. Enrrol on the android 12 beta program, AND MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR DATA
2. Install the update
3. Now exit from the beta program
4. Now you should have an update, it's a rollback to the stable version of android 12. After you installed the update the phone will restart and factory reset.
5. Do the setup as normal

In the end you may have unlocked the bootloader, to check just go to developer options and check if it is enabled or not. 🧐

Attachments

• Captura de Tela 2021-12-24 às 15.21.22.png
    Captura de Tela 2021-12-24 às 15.21.22.png
    29.9 KB · Views: 164
  • Captura de Tela 2021-12-24 às 15.31.53.png
    Captura de Tela 2021-12-24 às 15.31.53.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 139
  • Captura de Tela 2021-12-24 às 15.21.22.png
    Captura de Tela 2021-12-24 às 15.21.22.png
    29.9 KB · Views: 166
  • QPST_2.7.104.zip
    7.3 MB · Views: 51
  • Qualcomm_USB_Driver_v1.0.zip
    19.5 MB · Views: 46
  • pixel_Free.zip
    6.7 KB · Views: 92
  • Captura de Tela 2021-12-26 às 13.48.39.png
    Captura de Tela 2021-12-26 às 13.48.39.png
    165.9 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

ackiiii

Sep 15, 2012
这似乎是驱动程序的问题。您是否正确安装了所有内容?
您可能需要卸载它们并重新安装,看看我们是否能解决问题。还尝试以管理员权限运行该应用程序
如果您有更多问题,或者这根本无法解决问题,请告诉我
MOD EDIT: You may need to uninstall them and reinstall to see if we can fix the problem. Also tried running the app with admin rights
Let me know if you have more questions, or if this doesn't solve the problem at all.

同样的问题,无法解决。
MOD Edit: Same problem, can't solve it.
1640604636.png

Last edited by a moderator:

#mcl

Mar 26, 2020
Spain
Google Pixel 4 XL
Looks like this is a common issue, I will look the documentation of QPST and see if I see the cause of the problem. Thank you guys for helping up this project 😇

#mcl

Mar 26, 2020
Spain
Google Pixel 4 XL
So I found that that version of QPST is outdated(it's the 2.7 build 140 and the latest version is 2.7 build 460). I am leaving a zip with it here.
Try and see if this time around we manage to unlock the bootloader🤞🏻

Attachments

• QPST_2.7.460.zip
    61.4 MB · Views: 31

gentle_giant

Aug 1, 2011
So-Por
HTC 10
HTC U11+
#mcl, I have the same problem as you have, I live in Portugal and bought a used Pixel 4 but apparently it's origin is the US, Verizon. From your original post I take it that you didn't try this method yourself and hope others will try? Or were you successful?

#mcl

Mar 26, 2020
Spain
Google Pixel 4 XL
for anyone in the same situation, read this thread: https://android.stackexchange.com/q...ed-against-physical-tampering-in-google-pixel

My guess is: if your pixel's " OEM unlocking " is greyed out it will not be possible to unlock. Although I didn't try the EDL route I'm quit sure that at some point you will get a message "bootloader is locked"
Hey I am quite busy recently so I haven't really had time to look more on the thread, though I believe there will always be a way, it may be hard to find but no OS is perfect, and Android is no exception. As it turns out, even if this method worked, when it connect to the internet there will be a high chance that using the IMEI of the phone it will "remember" it's a locked model and won't allow you to flash new firmware.
However I am working on a new method, which is also safer, though I have still work to do, so when It is ready I am going to publish another guide.
Good luck all untill them ;)

gentle_giant

Aug 1, 2011
So-Por
HTC 10
HTC U11+
Hi mcl, my problem is: I do like to change OS and I did so on my previous HTC M7 and M10. And these 2 phones still function with PixelExperience 10 or 11.
But at best I'm a simple layman with a lot of enthusiasm.

Anyway, I will keep an eye on this thread and hopefully you will find time to make this new method work!

By the way, I see that we are "neighbors", I live in Portugal.

#mcl

Mar 26, 2020
Spain
Google Pixel 4 XL
Hi mcl, my problem is: I do like to change OS and I did so on my previous HTC M7 and M10. And these 2 phones still function with PixelExperience 10 or 11.
But at best I'm a simple layman with a lot of enthusiasm.

Anyway, I will keep an eye on this thread and hopefully you will find time to make this new method work!

By the way, I see that we are "neighbors", I live in Portugal.
Hahah yeah we are definitely neighbors.
Well I do want to become a software engineer though right now I am just a busy enthusiastic.
I also really enjoy custom OS, when I had my Galaxy S9 I used to have custom ROMs.

Hope I manage to find a new solution as soon as posible for all if you guys!!!

#mcl

Mar 26, 2020
Spain
Google Pixel 4 XL
We are not doing physical atack, so that is not a problem for us.
Also, I don't believe the pixel 4 XL is perfect, for sure there are errors and security vulnerabilities. We just need to find them.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey! I am still working on that, and right I am very busy so until summer (july or so) I am not going have time for this things unfortunately. Sorry for waiting time
    Hey! I am still working on that, and right I am very busy so until summer (july or so) I am not going have time for this things unfortunately. Sorry for waiting time
    i see, i understand your busyschedule, but i think i have the ability to help you solve it, so could you take a moment to tell me how far you are going?
    Can we get a video of how to do this?
    hi mcl, i have been studying and trying your tutorial for a few. but it seems did not work like #NYA$HA. so could we get a video or more detailed tutorials of how to do this? have a nice day!

i see, i understand your busyschedule, but i think i have the ability to help you solve it, so could you take a moment to tell me how far you are going?