Unlock greyed oem option help

Search This thread

CandymanCA

Apr 14, 2021
I have a metropcs Oneplus nord n100 I'm trying to access the the bootloader but oem option in developer mode is greyed out. Also i don't own a pc is there any way i can unlock.bootloader without a pc?

Reactions: JMann1110
There are a few devices on which the bootloader can be unlocked without the need of a PC and fastboot command sets. For example, many Samsung devices can be bootloader unlocked by going to device Settings>About Phone and tapping Build Number 7 times until Developer Options is enabled. In Developer Options, enabling the OEM Unlock option will unlock the bootloader, thus disabling the layer of protection which restricts flashing of certain device partitions. Other than Samsung, there are some device OEMs and models which also allow bootloader unlocking in this manner. However, on most devices, in addition to enabling OEM Unlock, fastboot mode must be initiated, device and PC synced with a cable, and a command line or command set must be executed.
If your device oem unlock is greyed out, you can try unlocking it using fastboot and recovery mode with the help of a pc.

CandymanCA

Apr 14, 2021
There are a few devices on which the bootloader can be unlocked without the need of a PC and fastboot command sets. For example, many Samsung devices can be bootloader unlocked by going to device Settings>About Phone and tapping Build Number 7 times until Developer Options is enabled. In Developer Options, enabling the OEM Unlock option will unlock the bootloader, thus disabling the layer of protection which restricts flashing of certain device partitions. Other than Samsung, there are some device OEMs and models which also allow bootloader unlocking in this manner. However, on most devices, in addition to enabling OEM Unlock, fastboot mode must be initiated, device and PC synced with a cable, and a command line or command set must be executed.
If your device oem unlock is greyed out, you can try unlocking it using fastboot and recovery mode with the help of a pc.
Thanks i will do further research and once again thank you for taking the time to reply

Reactions: LegendSayantan

SatomimiPyon

Carrier-locked devices generally do not have unlockable bootloaders, or at the very least until 6 months has passed for a SIM unlock in the case with Metro going by how T-Mobile handled bootloader unlocking with the OnePlus 6T. However, that's unconfirmed and I could not find any information on either carrier-locked models for the N100 regarding this matter. So for now, it's a dead end.

Reactions: ways2

ways2

Dec 21, 2019
OnePlus Nord
OnePlus Nord N100
yes I'm having the same issue here with the be2015 metropcs variant. They're saying 180 days (6months) till able to unlock this phone. I've been searching for some sort of way around it but no lock as of yet. Please everyone keep us all updated just in case.

when i do
Code:
fastboot oem unlock
I get FAILED (remote: 'Flashing Unlock is not allowed.

I've been trying to follow this guide here with Shizuku but I'm also running into issues. any help here please? Thanks yall