Unlock HTC Diamond with iSmartSim 2008 (pictures)

Search This thread

hertc

Jul 15, 2008
Just got my hands on recently arrived iSmartSim 2008, the whole process took less than 5 minutes, just wanted to confirm it worked fine:

1) A Diamond locked to Orange and iSmartSim

dsc02146ww3.jpg

2) Had to cut my O2 sim card (does not affect anything, just make sure you wrote down your sim card number somewhere), and slid it in over isim, tested first on an expired O2sim card (can also be seen on the picture)

dsc02148wd4.jpg

Switched on, and voila, using O2 now ! :cool:

Quite simple reusable solution costing 7 USD and does not affect your warranty too ..

Attachments

• dsc02146ww3.jpg
    dsc02146ww3.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 167
  • dsc02148wd4.jpg
    dsc02148wd4.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:

oscahie

Jul 19, 2008
Barcelona
Seems to work on all phones but I've read that this thing uses more battery so it could be a serious issue given the crappy battery the Diamond has.

Confucious

Dec 24, 2005
Surrey
@Hertc - your second pic doesn't seem to open larger - I'd like a better look. What did you use to cut your SIM? Being totally cack handed I am concerned I'll screw up.

@oscahie Where did you hear about battery life?

Ta

halloj

Jun 1, 2008
@Hertc - your second pic doesn't seem to open larger - I'd like a better look. What did you use to cut your SIM? Being totally cack handed I am concerned I'll screw up.

@oscahie Where did you hear about battery life?

Ta

It makes sense, since it looks like a microchip on the extra simboard is involved.

nubbin

Aug 6, 2007
Excellent post hertc - I've just sent for one of these because Orange signal is dreadful at my house, but O2 is very strong. It also means I won't have to mess about porting numbers etc. Looking forward to receiving my little gizmo!

How long did it take to come from DealExtreme?

Last edited:

hertc

Jul 15, 2008
It does make sense - just like to hear from people with experience. How much does it affect battery life?

I am fully charging it at the moment, will monitor battery-level indicator once finished ..

Just speaking from common sense here, I can't really see why it would affect battery life significantly, on level with BT, GSM, GPS or screen for example, it is just a small chip, not doing any energy consuming transmissions .. and, presumably, is only used once when you access sim card (start up, sms, calls) .. but I am not a technical guy here .. will see

hertc

Jul 15, 2008

Updated the pictures ..

Nail scissors .. )) It's quite easy to cut, there is enough space to practise as the native chip only takes half of the space.

Fitting it in was a slight problem, I found it was a bit easier to insert the iSim half way through first, and then apply your operator sim over, slowly moving both with a finger to the end of the slot.

swazpurohit

Jun 20, 2006
this definitely works, and doesnt seem to have affected the battery performance. definitely worth the $4.

nubbin

Aug 6, 2007
It works! Hallelujah!

Just got my i-smart from e-bay supplier - cut a notch out of my O2 sim, slapped the card and i-smart in and voila! One unlocked phone! Absolutely brilliant. Top piece of kit. Get one now!

Plus my Orange sim works in my XDA Orbit, so I've got two phones now...

hertc

Jul 15, 2008
I am fully charging it at the moment, will monitor battery-level indicator once finished ..

OK, used it for 2 days now, still 70% .. not extensive usage though, - a couple of calls / texts, weather data download, alarm, calendar. I think it was the same before applying the isim ...

Confucious

Dec 24, 2005
Surrey
Sounds good - no massive battery drain while that little chip sends all your data back to their control room.....

Or am I being slightly paranoid here?

;)