Jul 14, 2010
SGN
Redmi 9
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
I just share my experience. Do it at your own risk

I. Unlock bootloader

1. Enable developer options by tapping build number 7 times

2. Go to Developer options, turn on OEM unlocking

3. Turn off Tab A7 Lite, connect it to the computer while holding Volume Up and Volume Down keys until you see the bootloader screen

4. Long-press Volume Up key to enter Device unlock mode

5. Press Volume Up key to confirm and unlock the bootloader

Done

II. Root

1. Unlock bootloader (skip this if you have done it)

2. (On PC) Extract boot.img.lz4 from Stock AP...tar file, then copy it to Tab

3. (On Tab) Install ZArchiver to extract boot.img from boot.img.lz4

4. (On Tab) Install Magisk and patch the boot.img that you have just extracted from step 3

5. (On PC) Copy magisk_patched.img (in Tab\download) to pc, rename it to boot.img

6. (On PC) Use 7zip to pack boot.img from step 5 into boot.tar

7. (On PC) Use odin to flash boot.tar from step 6 (in AP slot)

8. After Tab reboot, open Magisk, update to newest version, open again and let it install something then reboot

Done

In case you don't want to do a full step by step as above, you can use my already patched boot.tar below, just download and flash it via odin. After flashing and reboot, open Magisk, update to newest version, open again and let it install something then reboot

For T225XXU1AUJ1:

For T225XXU1AUL1:

III. Debloat

Root

2. Open Magisk and install the following module:

3. Reboot

Last edited:

Bercsenyilaszlo

Jan 25, 2022
Sorry, I did put the tablet in download mode, but it says the boot image cannot be flashed with odin becaouse its custom binary even if developer mode is on and OEM unlock is on... Strange! Any Ideas?

Bercsenyilaszlo

Jan 25, 2022
Sorry it was alright I just didnt press long enough the volume up button its different from a short press when unlocking the OEM.... Thats all a long press needed instead a short one.. Otherwise boot loader will stay locked.

Thanks for the thread GREAT WORK!

Aug 26, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Core
LG V20

I. Unlock bootloader

3. Turn off Tab A7 Lite, connect it to the computer while holding Volume Up and Volume Down keys until you see the bootloader screen

Done

II. Root

4. (On Tab) Install Magisk and patch the boot.img that you have just extracted from step 3

5. (On PC) Copy magisk_patched.img (in Tab\download) to pc, rename it to boot.img

8. After Tab reboot, open Magisk, update to newest version, open again and let it install something then reboot

Done

In case you don't want to do a full step by step as above, you can use my already patched boot.tar below, just download and flash it via odin. After flashing and reboot, open Magisk, update to newest version, open again and let it install something then reboot

For T225XXU1AUJ1:

For T225XXU1AUL1:

III. Debloat

Root

3. Reboot
Can you do files for a T220xxu1au13? Would love to debloat mine and start using it as a offline game tablet.

Reactions: jorjee

antineas

Jul 18, 2010
Hello,
thank for your work I succeeded with root but I mistakenly installed a faulty twrp which bricked the tablet. I have access to download mode but I can't reinstall a functional version ("security fail tip) the only thing that odin accepts is your great work "patched boot.tar" but the boot still blocks. an idea to unlock it. thanks in advance

jorjee

Hello,
thank for your work I succeeded with root but I mistakenly installed a faulty twrp which bricked the tablet. I have access to download mode but I can't reinstall a functional version ("security fail tip) the only thing that odin accepts is your great work "patched boot.tar" but the boot still blocks. an idea to unlock it. thanks in advance
I also bricked my tablet, and the only firmware ODIN accepted was downloaded by Frija. Got errors from Sam firm and Galaxyfirm.

thatha

Jul 14, 2010
SGN
Redmi 9
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
Hello,
What is your firmware and country before ?

thatha

Jul 14, 2010
SGN
Redmi 9
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
Hello,
Flash stock recovery via odin in AP slot

antineas

Jul 18, 2010
Flash stock recovery via odin in AP slot
Hello, thank you for taking the time to help me. the recovery is accepted and gave me back access to the recovery. A real progress but it still does not boot I did a factory reset without effect. I am not sure of the version I put image of the recovery in case .sorry I don't have much knowledge in these manipulations. I am only a copier...... But having access to recovery gives me hope. thank you very much

Attachments

• Capture.gif
    Capture.gif
    7.7 KB · Views: 108

thatha

Jul 14, 2010
SGN
Redmi 9
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
Hello, thank you for taking the time to help me. the recovery is accepted and gave me back access to the recovery. A real progress but it still does not boot I did a factory reset without effect. I am not sure of the version I put image of the recovery in case .sorry I don't have much knowledge in these manipulations. I am only a copier...... But having access to recovery gives me hope.
I think you should download and flash latest firmware. You can download from this site:
samfw.com

antineas

Jul 18, 2010
Hello,
thank you for your help i have repaired the boot. it was a question of firmware indeed but beware for tablets version T225 "N" the firmware is not the same and is more difficult to find. they are not offered on dedicated sites.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I. Unlock bootloader

Done

II. Root

Done

For T225XXU1AUJ1:

For T225XXU1AUL1:

III. Debloat

Root

3. Reboot

I. Unlock bootloader

Done

II. Root

Done

For T225XXU1AUJ1:

For T225XXU1AUL1:

III. Debloat

Root

3. Reboot
    Can you do files for a T220xxu1au13? Would love to debloat mine and start using it as a offline game tablet.
    Ok, so does root work perfectly besides no TWRP, and can I fully root the device, without restriction, and it remains rooted when I reboot the device?
    Yes
    Tried for 2 days to get my, Galaxy Tab A7 Lite, model no:- SM-T220, firmware:-T220XXU1AUL2, rooted following above instructions with zero success. Odin would not flash boot.tar. ADB wouldn't flash it. Nothing would. Finally after my 1000th or so try I renamed the boot.tar to boot.img.tar, Odin accepted and flashed file. Tablet is rooted.
    If it's shipped with an unlockable bootloader, it will always be unlockable.

Just received a brand new T220 bought from Amazon Mexico. It surprisely came already updated to Android 13 One UI 5.1.
    Out of curiosity did the developer options "trick" and efectively got the OEM Unlock.
    So I can hope for not losing this feature if any new update.