You do not have to deregister anything.OK, so just to try and make this as idiot proof as possible for me:
At that point I should have a stick that is freshly flashed to 126.96.36.199, that may have OTA re-enabled
- Plug the USB cable that I currently have going to the power strip into my Windows laptop. This will boot the stick
- Once it is booted, open a cmd prompt
- Run "adb devices"
- I will get some prompt on the TV, click OK using the Fire TV Remote
(I don't think I need to push anything since I have the ROM already on the /sdcard of the stick)
- Type "adb reboot recovery", this will reboot me into TWRP
- Type "adb shell"
- Type "twrp install /sdcard/mantis-188.8.131.52_r1.zip" (this file is already there)
- Type "twrp wipe cache"
- Type "twrp wipe dalvik"
- Type "reboot -p"
Two final questions before I dive into this:
- If OTA is re-enabled, how do I prevent it from updating before I get a chance to disable OTA?
- Do I need to deregister my firestick before I do this? I would prefer not to if it is not needed but if it has to be done, that's OK
Thanks again for the excellent help!
If OTA is reenabled, before rebooting go to network section and forget the network, or just turn off your router, simple as that