Unlock s4 for free with hidden options

sush143555

Apr 8, 2012
After samsung blocked the hidden service menu unlock for s4 i am bit worried .but today i found out new process to unlock for free in a website

Step 1: Launch the Phone app on your Galaxy S4, and dial in: *#0011#

Step 2: Press the Menu button followed by the Back key. Then, hit the Menu button again and select KEY INPUT. Enter 1 and press the OK button to enter ServiceMode.

Step 3: Press Menu one more time and tap back again. This will pull up the Main Menu for ServiceMode. Tap [1] UMTS.

Step 4: Now select [1]DEBUG SCREEN, followed by [6] PHONE CONTROL.

Step 5: From the next screen, pick [6] NETWORK LOCK.

Step 6: You’ll get three options. Hit the one that says [3] PERSO SHA256 OFF.

Step 7: Now, you need to get back to Main Menu. To do this, hit the Menu button followed by the Back key. In Main Menu, now pick [6]COMMON, and then [6] NV REBUILD.

Step 8: The phone will tell you that a Golden Backup exists. Tap [4] Restore Back-up.

Your device will now go through a series of “conditions”, where it will first freeze, then get on a black screen with Blue LED on and both capacitive buttons on, after which it will reboot automatically. The whole cycle might take a couple of minutes, so be patient. Once it powers back on, it’s network unlocked, permanently. Enjoy Folks ...

J

jetlitheone

After samsung blocked the hidden service menu unlock for s4 i am bit worried .but today i found out new process to unlock for free in a website

Step 1: Launch the Phone app on your Galaxy S4, and dial in: *#0011#

Step 2: Press the Menu button followed by the Back key. Then, hit the Menu button again and select KEY INPUT. Enter 1 and press the OK button to enter ServiceMode.

Step 3: Press Menu one more time and tap back again. This will pull up the Main Menu for ServiceMode. Tap [1] UMTS.

Step 4: Now select [1]DEBUG SCREEN, followed by [6] PHONE CONTROL.

Step 5: From the next screen, pick [6] NETWORK LOCK.

Step 6: You’ll get three options. Hit the one that says [3] PERSO SHA256 OFF.

Step 7: Now, you need to get back to Main Menu. To do this, hit the Menu button followed by the Back key. In Main Menu, now pick [6]COMMON, and then [6] NV REBUILD.

Step 8: The phone will tell you that a Golden Backup exists. Tap [4] Restore Back-up.

Your device will now go through a series of “conditions”, where it will first freeze, then get on a black screen with Blue LED on and both capacitive buttons on, after which it will reboot automatically. The whole cycle might take a couple of minutes, so be patient. Once it powers back on, it’s network unlocked, permanently. Enjoy Folks ...
How can we trust you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

titaneds73

Sep 22, 2011
yakima
I already unlocked it using that process. ;)
I followed all your steps and the phone did reboot like you said unfortunately I won't have a SIM card to test the unlock till tomorrow will send donation once confirmed.thank you Sush143555

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using xda app-developers app

Thermalwolf

Mar 13, 2011
Austintown, Ohio
Just did it. Steps came through correctly, waiting for phone to reboot. Gonna need to find a SIM card to test but I'm definitely going to!

Also is there a possibility there might be a way to mess with the bootloader in this menu? This seems new and untested!

Last edited:

romracer

Apr 4, 2010
Kansas City
Just did it. Steps came through correctly, waiting for phone to reboot. Gonna need to find a SIM card to test but I'm definitely going to!

Also is there a possibility there might be a way to mess with the bootloader in this menu? This seems new and untested!
I followed all your steps and the phone did reboot like you said unfortunately I won't have a SIM card to test the unlock till tomorrow will send donation once confirmed.thank you Sush143555

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using xda app-developers app
It's really that easy?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app
No option 6 under step 7, so it is not working for ATT S4
Oh it definitely works. I found the thread yesterday in the T-Mobile forums. Not sure why the OP didn't just link to that, which has clearer instructions that are easier to follow.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2283068

Mine already had SHA256_ENABLED_FLAG[0] but I went through the motions (it stayed at SHA256_ENABLED_FLAG[0] after the next couple of steps) and did the NV REBUILD.

You can get a T-Mobile SIM at Wal-Mart or any T-Mobile store, just FYI.

rkennison

Mar 9, 2012
Woodstock
ATT phone here.

I've done this, with a few minor diffrences. I had to use the *#9090# code, menu back 3x, then press 1 to get into the unlocked service menu. From there everthing went as described.

Now after reboot, if i go back, it's set to 1 again. There is no longer a gold backup as their was before. Am I unlocked or not? How can I tell ( i don't have another sim handy at the moment... )

Last edited: