Unlock SIM Carrier- Galaxy S5 (Tested, non-root, Free)

NHK

Jun 16, 2013
Hi guys, I know galaxy s5 has been there for a while now but yesterday I tried more than any other time to do this and it worked at the end!

Unlock S5 without root *Fully Free

REQUIREMENTS:
  • Galaxy S5 (duh?) (tested on G900T)
  • z3x Samsung Tool PRO v28 or 29 (v24 didn't work for me) (With crack! search google to find it. I'm not going to post crack link on xda)
  • 4.4.4 Firmware! [G900T -AndroidFileHost] (need 4.4.4 because on 6.0 it doesn't unlock)
  • 6.0.x Firmware! [G900T -AndroidFileHost] (update when finished unlocking)
NOTE: Only download the firmware intended exactly for your device's model. Otherwise It will simply fail when flashing and will soft brick the device (just format and reinstall the correct firmware to fix)

Code:
// [COLOR="Red"]Do at your own risk![/COLOR]
// I'm not responsible for any bricked or damaged 
// device after following these steps.
Code:
[COLOR="Green"]This method was tested and is WORKING ON:[/COLOR]

// SM-G900T
// SM-G900W8
// SM-G900M
// SM-G900F
// SM-G900P
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"](IF your device model is not listed, DO NOT be afraid to try it. It should work just fine on your S5 too)[/COLOR]
UNLOCKING PROCEDURE:
  • (Important but optional) Make a full backup using any way you prefer (TWRP/CWM.. / Titanium backup / whatever..)
  • (Proceed with caution!) Go into TWRP/CWM and Wipe System, data, and caches

• Flash 4.4.4 - Use odin or z3x to flash the firmware (Scroll down for more help)
    (Wait for the device to boot)
  • Dial *#0808#
  • Choose "DM + MODEM + ADB"

• (On your PC) Open z3x pro
  • Choose model (mine is G900T)
  • Go to Repair tab
  • Select USB port (something like samsung) and select ADB device
  • Click Activate DIAG
  • (On your S5) Allow adb access on your phone and wait...
    (Phone will reboot automatically so don't interrupt)
  • (Now in z3x) Go to Unlock tab
  • Choose USB port again (something like samsung)
  • And Click Unlock

• Now update to 6.0 using odin or z3x

• DONE UNLOCKING :good:
  • ENJOY ANY SIM CARD

MORE HELP:

How to Flash Samsung Firmware
  1. Using odin: http://rootmygalaxy.net/how-to-install-a-stock-firmware-using-odin/
  2. Using z3x: Choose model then go to Flash tab and pretty much the same thing as odin

Troubleshooting:
  • Binary error while inserting firmware into odin:
    -> Rename firmware from tar.md5 to tar only if you are sure you downloaded the right firmware for your device

• The system cannot find the path specified in z3x:
    -> Manually create the path that z3x is trying to reach (this happens when cracked, happened with me at least)

• ... Sorry I don't have more in mind at the moment... :silly:

Last edited:

godofsalt

Oct 2, 2011
Southwest, Ohio
Is anyone getting to the actual z3x samsung pro ? Is it supposed to be in .rar formant? I think I have v29.5, however, it does not have this "Crack" thingie
Any help would be great, or am I wasting time....

Tanx

Reactions: rec0re

rec0re

Nov 8, 2014
Is anyone getting to the actual z3x samsung pro ? Is it supposed to be in .rar formant? I think I have v29.5, however, it does not have this "Crack" thingie
Any help would be great, or am I wasting time....

Tanx
THW same Herr, i buy the phone @eBay Abd the man make give no Informatione about the net-lock of t-mobile USA(gt-900t), i life in germany:( after this i pay 20€ for unlock over a Internet company, and they do nothing for me. You are my last hope, help me please

pinheaD420

Oct 27, 2010
I bought a g900p (sprint) s5 had a bill attached to it that wasn't mine and i wasn't paying it . I spent latterly a week looking for a sim unlock for this phone with absolutely zero success. I did find a guy "idoneapps" i think was the name . That claimed to be able to unlock it ...i didn't want to pay some random fella money so i kept looking for another week. Still nothing so i payed this guy i think 25 bucks or something like that got his app from his site . literally within 2 minutes i had a unlocked sprint s5 running on straight talk (att network). I have never had a issue. I was sketched bout using my bank card to pay but i have never had any issues with that either ...for all extensive purposes this dude is/was legit and saved me from having a paperweight .... Anyone looking to sim unlock their s5 i would recommend a quick google search for this fella ....

llinkll

May 1, 2014
Hi guys, I know galaxy s5 has been there for a while now but yesterday I tried more than any other time to do this and it worked at the end!

Unlock S5 without root *Fully Free
Thanks a lot. It worked perfectly on my friend's mother T-Mobile SM-G900T, and I use z3x version 27.2 without a problem.

Last edited:

NHK

Jun 16, 2013
Thanks worked fine for me.
Question though, I won't lose unlock status if I change the firmware,kernel or a rom correct?
it will be locked again probably if you do a wipe or reinstall the firmware. BUT if you installed custom roms, it is probably unlocked already (roms don't have any carrier lock i think)

NHK

Jun 16, 2013
Do you think it could work on a G901F?
it should work on all varients of s5 as long as you use their firmware (if you have 901F, download the 901F firmware)

but note that it's not tested... if you can, test it and please give a feedback :D

25gee

Jul 22, 2010
Just tested this z3x tool and it works on all versions of android up to 6+ without needing to downgrade, had to make sure that I downloaded the z3x samsung driver pack v1.7 with the relevant modem drivers etc.
Still have to type in *#0808# to enable the dm etc but otherwise it unlocks without any further issues.

All stock, no root, no Odin.

Last edited:

keon1

Jul 31, 2017
Toronto
Thank you @NHK I was able to successfully unlock my SM-G900W8.

Now I know this has been answered but i just want to confirm..

If I install a custom rom, it won't be locked again? Just checking before I install a rom and it is locked, making me have to do this again:p

EDIT; answered my own question, it's okay!!

Last edited:

gachana

Feb 23, 2012
Finfine
Thanks OP
I can not select com as it is empty, but i can select the adb port. . I have installed samsung driver pack 1.7. I can backup my efs and so on but to unlock it says port not selected. The com is blank and there is nothing I can select. Any solution is highly appreciated.