Unlock SIM Carrier- Galaxy S5 (Tested, non-root, Free)

elfarto

Jul 17, 2009
Thanks OP worked like a charm with a GT-S900M (Chile), Took me a while to find a working version of Z3X 29.5 Until i found a video from youtube user "GSM SOLUTION 2" which provided the right steps to deal with Z3X

vvhiterice

Jan 17, 2017
Thank you @NHK I was able to successfully unlock my SM-G900W8.

Now I know this has been answered but i just want to confirm..

If I install a custom rom, it won't be locked again? Just checking before I install a rom and it is locked, making me have to do this again:p

EDIT; answered my own question, it's okay!!
If your phone is from Canada you should be able to get it unlocked for free by calling the carrier as after Dec 2017 they all unlock for free.

vvhiterice

Jan 17, 2017
it was locked to T-Mobile and I'm with Wind... Would it have still worked?
Are you sure it is locked to T-Mobile and not Telus? From my understanding the T-Mobile one is SM-G900T and the SM-G900W8 was the Canadian variant. If a Canadian company locked it then they will unlock for free. I think T-Mobile may also unlock for free but YMMV.

keon1

Jul 31, 2017
Toronto
Are you sure it is locked to T-Mobile and not Telus? From my understanding the T-Mobile one is SM-G900T and the SM-G900W8 was the Canadian variant. If a Canadian company locked it then they will unlock for free. I think T-Mobile may also unlock for free but YMMV.
yeah meant Telus sorry lol

meohmy

Aug 7, 2015
I have tested on a 900F and yes it does work 100%, the biggest problem is finding a version that either doesn't ask for a password or doesn't contain a virus, also works on an S3 9305, but a word of warning,
it will stop working after you have used it 2 or 3 times and I haven't been able to find a way around it yet so don't start and exit the software unless you intend to use it..

Alex_VV

May 17, 2016
The method worked on a G900W8 (Canadian version, probably formerly Telus) with LP 5.1.1. Make sure ADB is enabled on the phone during the process; the phone will likely ask you again to allow ADB communication from the computer. Will test if unlock remains after FW upgrade.

update: unlock remains after stock FW OTA update (to MM)

Last edited:
Reactions: vlad3647

a-raccoon

Jan 11, 2013
Does this software require special Samsung drivers? I just get a pretty loading screen (animated gears) that says "Card not found" and "Retry or Close".

Also, the top post says the only hardware requirements is a phone, but any google search for z3x shows a $100 or $200 physical hardware jtag box you need to purchase to plug your phone into it. Is that what everyone is doing here?

Last edited:

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
Does this software require special Samsung drivers? I just get a pretty loading screen (animated gears) that says "Card not found" and "Retry or Close".

Also, the top post says the only hardware requirements is a phone, but any google search for z3x shows a $100 or $200 physical hardware jtag box you need to purchase to plug your phone into it. Is that what everyone is doing here?
Google is your friend here - read the first post about not posting cracked software on xda

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
No. Google would not be my friend here if I were posting to xda. Are you new? Just what cracked software did I post here?

Anyone else want to take a stab at my question?
Haha I'm far from new

I've answered your question - I didn't say you posted cracked software - I said that is what you need and obviously no one is going to post it here & you need to use Google to find it

The error you are getting is because that software comes with a hardware box with a subscription type card & you plug your phone into it - you obviously haven't purchased the box hence the error
The cracked version bypasses that box & allows you to run the software without it

I have this software & have used it alot of times - obviously I'm not going to post cracked or paid for software here

If you read the first post you would see it says
With crack! search google to find it. I'm not going to post crack link on xda
That's why I told you Google is your friend!

Last edited:
Reactions: swiftbones74

a-raccoon

Jan 11, 2013
that software comes with a hardware box with a subscription type card & you plug your phone into it - you obviously haven't purchased the box hence the error
The cracked version bypasses that box & allows you to run the software without it
Clearly I have researched this matter on google, and if you had too, you'd know that the box is a serial jtag breakout box, with an assortment if different cables for an assortment of different phone models. Nobody builds such a piece of hardware as a mere subscription-token to make their software work. So, these are two somehow unrelated technologies. I certainly doubt that a crack is what makes an error message about a smartcard reader go away. What would make that error message go away is a proper smartcard windows driver that gives the software direct access to the phone's sim features... which seems to be a thing. It's just that all of my attempts at finding such drivers have arrived at dingy virus downloads instead. I'm also pretty confident I know how to locate cracked software.

My question was specifically if people could specify what drivers they're using and any trouble-shooting steps they had for this particular error message. Not to provide me with a download.

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
Clearly I have researched this matter on google, and if you had too, you'd know that the box is a serial jtag breakout box, with an assortment if different cables for an assortment of different phone models. Nobody builds such a piece of hardware as a mere subscription-token to make their software work. So, these are two somehow unrelated technologies. I certainly doubt that a crack is what makes an error message about a smartcard reader go away. What would make that error message go away is a proper smartcard windows driver that gives the software direct access to the phone's sim features... which seems to be a thing. It's just that all of my attempts at finding such drivers have arrived at dingy virus downloads instead. I'm also pretty confident I know how to locate cracked software.

My question was specifically if people could specify what drivers they're using and any trouble-shooting steps they had for this particular error message. Not to provide me with a download.
I've given you the answer - I have the software & the crack that allows it to run without the smart card

If you don't want to believe me that's your choice but I'm telling you - just doing a simple YouTube search for the software will give you the tools needed to run it without the smart card - its just a simple patch & program that acts as the box that then boots the main program

No special drivers or anything else is needed - unless you run the "crack" tools correctly you will always get card not found error because you haven't purchased a subscription card & box!

As ever Google & youtube are your friend!

And no I'm not providing you with cracked software as this is not allowed on xda & really we shouldn't even be discussing such things anyway

Last edited:

mollotof7

Sep 9, 2018
It works perfectly for me. Many thanks.
(still unlocked after installing lineage-15.1-20180910-nightly-klte. Howewer, i have many problems with gapps :( . I'm gonna try an oldest Lineage