• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Unlock Token for MetroPCS / T-Mobile version

Search This thread

Freedcx

Nov 17, 2018
I just got sim unlock yesterday but when i try to request a unlock using token i keep getting a message invalid IMEI. Is there a waiting period after sim unlock before we can get bootloader unlock via token? OnePlus support doesnt know and told me to wait 24 hours.

Last edited:

BTK19

Jan 25, 2021
Earth
Nexus 6
Moto G4 Plus
Screenshot_20210727-234834.jpg

googlephoneFKLenAsh

Jul 31, 2017
thats me im AlphaQWright and im still arguing with oneplus about this
Oneplus will definitely provide the unlock token if their higher level managers are aware of this issue.
They have the unlock token and just need to update the unlock website to include all Metropcs IMEIs.
It is really as simple as flipping a switch if the right person knows it.
According to data, most of the N10's sold in the US are actually the metropcs version. It is the most sold phone for metropcs. Not many people are buying it from t-mobile or oneplus directly.

Rightnow, all the chat/email representatives are not high level enough to flip that switch. That is why they told you oneplus cannot unlock metropcs n10's bootloader.
What we need to do is keeping asking the representatives to escalate this issue to higher managers.

KDL037

Nov 16, 2015
tucson
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
i just did that on the online oneplus support and im now going to get on the phone and call to speak to a live person because i dont have muck faith in the person on the other end of that chat to actually escalate after asking that be done multiple times

Reactions: BTK19

scottlam1

Aug 16, 2011
I get the run around from OnePlus almost everyday they claim to escalate ticket

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210728-181832.jpg
    Screenshot_20210728-181832.jpg
    372.6 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_20210728-181821.jpg
    Screenshot_20210728-181821.jpg
    330.6 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_20210728-181827.jpg
    Screenshot_20210728-181827.jpg
    387.3 KB · Views: 31

googlephoneFKLenAsh

Jul 31, 2017
i just did that on the online oneplus support and im now going to get on the phone and call to speak to a live person because i dont have muck faith in the person on the other end of that chat to actually escalate after asking that be done multiple times
The chat/email agents are really low level.
They first replied me with t-mobile unlock policy, which has nothing to do with metropcs n10 bootloader unlock issue.

I bet they didn't even read my entire message except for the word "unlock".

BTK19

Jan 25, 2021
Earth
Nexus 6
Moto G4 Plus
Me
tmo version has to be paid off sim unlocked the oem unlock wont be greyed out. then go here : https://support.oneplus.com/app/ans...-to-unlock-bootloader-for-oneplus-smart-phone and follow instructions and wait. as far as the metro version youll have to wait 4 months or find someone on ebay to unlock it for a fee then go to the above site and try it out. i hope this helps
Yeah that's the same site that every Metropcs owner has been going to they don't know how to unlock metro versions even if you have waited the 180 days

ninjasinabag

May 28, 2013
Philadelphia
Metropcs/by TMobile has been hell with bootloaders.
If you can still find my guides on Android forums, the LG Motion 4g development shows how far metro will go to keep your device "stock".

Someone eventually adapted a Loki kernel to function and 2 years of crying became history

TektTheGeek

Nov 30, 2017
Google Pixel 3a XL
Redmi Note 8
I guess I'm not the only one getting the run around. This device has great hardware and has been solid, but I don't like the idea of a company telling me how to use something I spent my hard earned fiats on! I am also waiting for a manager from oneplus to get back to me. Will keep ya'll posted!

ninjasinabag

May 28, 2013
Philadelphia
OEM unlock is no longer greyed out on my phone.

I got the notification that my phone was capable of being unlocked via the metro unlocker app. After rebooting, OEM unlock was clickable af.
Didn't need the unlock token and I've already tested by firing up the muhfuggin dsu launcher

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210805-194452.jpg
    Screenshot_20210805-194452.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_20210805-194621.jpg
    Screenshot_20210805-194621.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 29

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oneplus will definitely provide the unlock token if their higher level managers are aware of this issue.
    They have the unlock token and just need to update the unlock website to include all Metropcs IMEIs.
    It is really as simple as flipping a switch if the right person knows it.
    According to data, most of the N10's sold in the US are actually the metropcs version. It is the most sold phone for metropcs. Not many people are buying it from t-mobile or oneplus directly.

Rightnow, all the chat/email representatives are not high level enough to flip that switch. That is why they told you oneplus cannot unlock metropcs n10's bootloader.
    What we need to do is keeping asking the representatives to escalate this issue to higher managers.
    The chat/email agents are really low level.
    They first replied me with t-mobile unlock policy, which has nothing to do with metropcs n10 bootloader unlock issue.

I bet they didn't even read my entire message except for the word "unlock".
    Metropcs/by TMobile has been hell with bootloaders.
    If you can still find my guides on Android forums, the LG Motion 4g development shows how far metro will go to keep your device "stock".

Someone eventually adapted a Loki kernel to function and 2 years of crying became history