• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

unlock unofficially and install zcx TWRP ,no data loss kenzo

Search This thread

Shubham2910

Nov 11, 2016
Today I am going to share An easy tutorial to unlock bootloader and install TWRP safely without any data loss.
Requirement
1- redmi note 3
2-PC/laptop
3-common sense
(any rom version will do.will work on stable , china,dev)
*(no need to apply unlock permission)

VIDEO - A Thanksgiving to @srijansaxena11
for great work.
Srijan Saxena:

so lets start. First you need to download 2 .rar file from this link https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8DMm7V05fstSVVyb2YyemxMQVk
Disable driver signature on pc/laptop
Extract both zips
Install mi flash tool from miflash with edl folder
now bring your phone in action and turn on oem unlock from developer optipn(tap miui version 7 time and find developer option in additional option)
sign out of your mi account
Now start your phone in fastboot method (power button and volume down button simultaneously)
Open miflashfolder on pc and click on edl and you will show your phone 's red led blinking ,which shows your phone is in edl mode.
Now open mi flash tool which you installed .
Click on select and locate TWRP folder . now click refresh and you will see your device detected.just hit flash .
It will be completed very soon.
Now don't unplug your phone or anything just press volume up and power down button at same time and you will see your phone booting into TWRP. Now you can unplug and reeboot your phone.
To change language look up somewhere i cant upload right now.
appreciate by hitting like/thanks:cowboy:
Thank you guys . -ACHYUTEM

Attachments

• IMG_20170409_143728_1.jpg
    IMG_20170409_143728_1.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 10,085
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Today I am going to share An easy tutorial to unlock bootloader and install TWRP safely without any data loss.
    Requirement
    1- redmi note 3
    2-PC/laptop
    3-common sense
    (any rom version will do.will work on stable , china,dev)
    *(no need to apply unlock permission)

VIDEO - A Thanksgiving to @srijansaxena11
    for great work.
    Srijan Saxena:

so lets start. First you need to download 2 .rar file from this link https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8DMm7V05fstSVVyb2YyemxMQVk
    Disable driver signature on pc/laptop
    Extract both zips
    Install mi flash tool from miflash with edl folder
    now bring your phone in action and turn on oem unlock from developer optipn(tap miui version 7 time and find developer option in additional option)
    sign out of your mi account
    Now start your phone in fastboot method (power button and volume down button simultaneously)
    Open miflashfolder on pc and click on edl and you will show your phone 's red led blinking ,which shows your phone is in edl mode.
    Now open mi flash tool which you installed .
    Click on select and locate TWRP folder . now click refresh and you will see your device detected.just hit flash .
    It will be completed very soon.
    Now don't unplug your phone or anything just press volume up and power down button at same time and you will see your phone booting into TWRP. Now you can unplug and reeboot your phone.
    To change language look up somewhere i cant upload right now.
    appreciate by hitting like/thanks:cowboy:
    Thank you guys . -ACHYUTEM
    Do I need to unlock BL first?? I am stock ROM
    no .. you don't have to and you can do it any rom version(stable ,dev,china) . enjoy
    BL is not unlocked!!

Thank you for this process!!!!!!!!. But BootLoader is not unlocked. I checked it using "fastboot oem device-info" in fastboot. It showed "Device Unlocked: false". I even tried "fastboot oem unlock-go", but failed. Same can be confirmed from the developer options. I was able to unlock by simply changing the "emmc_appsboot.mbn" file you provided with the one i previously used to unlock. Cheers!!!!! Thanks Again!!

---------- Post added 14th May 2017 at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was 13th May 2017 at 11:56 PM ----------

If i flash any other TWRP version will it work? Actually im totally confused with so much threads & steps in xda & normal google searching also. So bit scared to screw up

for newbies like us, this thread helps!!!

https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-3/how-to/guide-redmi-note-3-available-twrps-t3406708
    :good::fingers-crossed:
    thanks a lot... it was of great help...
    Hello guys,

I have some trouble with unlocking my bootloader. While the official method always get me the 20091 Error code, this methods neither works.
    Using this method i get a bootloop when trying to boot into the recovery after the process. When booting up normaly system starts as its supposed to but i guess the recovery is getting overwriten by that.

Im on the newest Miui Dev version.

:EDIT: Ok I tried it once again and disabled the driver signature over the UEFI instead of cmd. seems like that was the error. Thanks alot for this amazing tutorial! :)

Greetings

Update ur twrp to latest 3.2.3 offcial.