Unlocked bootloader, need help attemting to root...

Search This thread

Jose 420

Mar 14, 2015
where or what do I do after I receive the unlock code for boot loader

Send an email to:
mobile@mail01.huawei.com

Include the following information:

Serial Number:
IMEI:
Product ID:
Model: HUAWEI Y536-A1

Serial number and IMEI are under the battery...
To get Product ID, dial:
* # * # 1357946 # * # *

And an 8 digit code will appear, that is your product id.

I sent the email and had a code back in about an hour, the tut I read said ten minutes but mine took a lil longer than that, still a pretty quick turnaround far as im concerned. Code worked the first time, be sure you backup anything you dont want to lose, unlocking WILL wipe your device!

Also, the SN is not 16 digits, dont worry, just send the info in an email to the above address, I just put "Request Unlock Code" as the subject...

-BMFC
Where do I go after I receive code?

technomaje

Nov 13, 2011
Lexington
Tried the email address listed. Got an undeliverable reply. So I contacted Huawei directly through their chat on their website. Got the following address to send an email to when requesting an unlock code.

mobile@huawei.com

Hope this helps everyone.

Technomaje

Send an email to:
mobile@mail01.huawei.com

Serial Number:
IMEI:
Product ID:

To get Product ID, dial:
* # * # 1357946 # * # *

I sent the email and had a code back in about an hour, the tut I read said ten minutes but mine took a lil longer than that, still a pretty quick turnaround far as im concerned. Code worked the first time, be sure you backup anything you dont want to lose, unlocking WILL wipe your device!

Also, the SN is not 16 digits, dont worry, just send the info in an email to the above address, I just put "Request Unlock Code" as the subject...

-BMFC

Sent from my HUAWEI Y536A1 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: nobreak1970

pycckuu_4ejl

May 23, 2008
San Francisco
AT YOUR OWN RISK...BLAH BLAH BLAH DON'T BLAME ME

Multiple unlock requests from 2 different email accounts......4 days later i still havent gotten a reply.

All is not lost.A generic Huawei unlock search led me mate7.net/ascend-mate7-bootloader-unlock/

Using Huawei_Product_ID_Generator.exe to spoof a product ID for a G520-0000 Then entered the generated ID and the 16 digit SN and IMEI under the battery .

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO the code auto generated unlocked my Y536A1

Hope this can help.
Good Luck and Happy Hacking

Wow that did a trick because I couldn't get unlock key by changing vmall name. Who needs to unlock their bootloader I would suggest using this method. It was easy as a pie.

erichss

Mar 30, 2008
This did not work for me. The site says to email them.....ugh. I really want to use this phone, but it's stuck at the bootloader screen cause the guy who had it tried to flash it (he has no idea what he's doing).

AT YOUR OWN RISK...BLAH BLAH BLAH DON'T BLAME ME,ONLY FOLLOW TO "Driver Installation" THEN HERE TO ROOT

Multiple unlock requests from 2 different email accounts......4 days later i still havent gotten a reply.

All is not lost.A generic Huawei unlock search led me mate7.net/ascend-mate7-bootloader-unlock/
Use Huawei_product_ID_Generator.exe to spoof a product ID for a G520-0000 Then enter the generated ID and the 16 digit SN and IMEI under the battery here

Hope this can help.

Ishak7maged

Aug 11, 2014
after unlocking it get SIM blocked

i followed these steps but after entering the code i get SIM blocked

the mobile now is locked for any SIM whatever the carrier is even AT&T

its asking for 12 digits code however the code sent was 16 digits ( which i used in the beginning )

can you assist me ?

Send an email to:
mobile@mail01.huawei.com

Serial Number:
IMEI:
Product ID:

To get Product ID, dial:
* # * # 1357946 # * # *

-BMFC

FringeRedneck

Jul 29, 2015
Have you yet been able to get the .IMG file you needed? I have been able to successfully root my Huawei Y536A1 I can get the file for you if need be. I need a custom recovery bad.

Last edited:

mentalityx

Jun 27, 2010
Jville, FL
Samsung Galaxy S20
I did get the apk file for the SMS. Strange thing is the stock apk doesnt work and I ended up deleting it. Using a 3rd party SMS app and all is working now.
Now Im still waiting for my unlock code. Going on day 23 now.

Have you yet been able to get the .IMG file you needed? I have been able to successfully root my Huawei Y536A1 I can get the file for you if need be. I need a custom recovery bad.

FringeRedneck

Jul 29, 2015
I did get the apk file for the SMS. Strange thing is the stock apk doesnt work and I ended up deleting it. Using a 3rd party SMS app and all is working now.
Now Im still waiting for my unlock code. Going on day 23 now.

I have been able to successfully root my ATT Tribute. However it is a waste of time. If you unlock the boot loader you will no longer be able to use ATT. They block unlocked bootloaders. The app I used for rooting was Kingo Root. It fails the first couple times but then it sucessfuly roots.

mentalityx

Jun 27, 2010
Jville, FL
Samsung Galaxy S20
The phone is rooted but I still want to unlock the bootloader. I have no qualms about not being able to use AT&T. Just want to unlock it.

I have been able to successfully root my ATT Tribute. However it is a waste of time. If you unlock the boot loader you will no longer be able to use ATT. They block unlocked bootloaders. The app I used for rooting was Kingo Root. It fails the first couple times but then it sucessfuly roots.

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

This right here worked for me. Big thanks to this bloke.

AT YOUR OWN RISK...BLAH BLAH BLAH DON'T BLAME ME,ONLY FOLLOW TO "Driver Installation" THEN HERE TO ROOT

Use Huawei_product_ID_Generator.exe to spoof a product ID for a G520-0000 Then enter the generated ID and the 16 digit SN and IMEI under the battery here

Hope this can help.

bmfc187

Feb 2, 2009
Austin, TX
I have been able to successfully root my ATT Tribute. However it is a waste of time. If you unlock the boot loader you will no longer be able to use ATT. They block unlocked bootloaders.

This is not true. At least not for me, I am on ATT using a rooted, bootloader unlocked device. I have only been rooted for about a week so far but I have been bootloader unlocked since I got this phone.
I get calls, txt, data, no problem. I am not blocked from using any of ATT's services, that I know of.

Also rooting a device is never a waste of time :D

-BMFC

Sent from my ROOTED!!! HUAWEI Y536A1 using XDA Free mobile app

FringeRedneck

Jul 29, 2015
This is not true. At least not for me, I am on ATT using a rooted, bootloader unlocked device. I have only been rooted for about a week so far but I have been bootloader unlocked since I got this phone.
I get calls, txt, data, no problem. I am not blocked from using any of ATT's services, that I know of.

Also rooting a device is never a waste of time :D

-BMFC

No rooting never is. How did u get ATT to allow unlocked bootloader? A friend if mine was blocked from ATT service as soon as he unlocked the boot loader.

bmfc187

Feb 2, 2009
Austin, TX
No rooting never is. How did u get ATT to allow unlocked bootloader? A friend if mine was blocked from ATT service as soon as he unlocked the boot loader.

I didnt really *do* anything but unlock the bootloader. I was on ATT on my old phone, then I bought this phone, got a new sim cus my old one wasnt micro, then I was on ATT on this phone. Then I unlocked the bootloader trying to get root, never lost service, just kept using the device... ATT never has said anything about it or shut off my service so I just keep using it, do they normally shut ppl off for doing that? Because I've heard that before but always just thought it was a rumor because...well...yeah:D

-BMFC

FringeRedneck

Jul 29, 2015
I didnt really *do* anything but unlock the bootloader. I was on ATT on my old phone, then I bought this phone, got a new sim cus my old one wasnt micro, then I was on ATT on this phone. Then I unlocked the bootloader trying to get root, never lost service, just kept using the device... ATT never has said anything about it or shut off my service so I just keep using it, do they normally shut ppl off for doing that? Because I've heard that before but always just thought it was a rumor because...well...yeah:D

-BMFC

Well maybe its not a lost cause then. By the way I have read that there is twrp port for the tribute. It is not cwm but it may work if this work s I really want the miui ROM. Is there a way to relock the boot loader if something happens and I do get blocked from using ATT?

bmfc187

Feb 2, 2009
Austin, TX
Well maybe its not a lost cause then. By the way I have read that there is twrp port for the tribute. It is not cwm but it may work if this work s I really want the miui ROM. Is there a way to relock the boot loader if something happens and I do get blocked from using ATT?

Yes I have twrp already:D its workin great so far...
I *think* that its reversible, im pretty sure you can just do <fastboot oem lock (your unlock code here)> to lock it back...I havent personally tried it but that should lock it back.

-BMFC

FringeRedneck

Jul 29, 2015
Yes I have twrp already:D its workin great so far...
I *think* that its reversible, im pretty sure you can just do <fastboot oem lock (your unlock code here)> to lock it back...I havent personally tried it but that should lock it back.

-BMFC

OK then awesome. If you have not checked out miui yet you should. It has the widest range of supported devices. Next how did you get unlock code? I have sent the email but its been two days.

bmfc187

Feb 2, 2009
Austin, TX
OK then awesome. If you have not checked out miui yet you should. It has the widest range of supported devices. Next how did you get unlock code? I have sent the email but its been two days.

Look on the first page of this thread, Post #7. I cannot guarantee that this method still works, some users report the email address has or does change, some users have experienced issues getting a code with too many/too few digits, etc... But that is the process I used and it worked when I used it. Thats all I know about the bootloader unlock situation, I have had mine unlocked for a while now so I havent really been following that discussion. Sorry I cant be more help there.

-BMFC

Bdoom2

Jul 24, 2015
Send an email to:
mobile@mail01.huawei.com

Serial Number:
IMEI:
Product ID:

To get Product ID, dial:
* # * # 1357946 # * # *

-BMFC

Hello! I have a question, how can I unlock it without another GSM sim card? I have the exact phone, activated and all.

bmfc187

Feb 2, 2009
Austin, TX
Hello! I have a question, how can I unlock it without another GSM sim card? I have the exact phone, activated and all.

Hello, I'm sorry but I dont quite understand your question. Please explain what you are trying to accomplish and try to include as much detail as possible about the status of your device and what you are trying to do. The more information you can provide, the easier it will be for someone to assist you.

-BMFC

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Send an email to:
    mobile@mail01.huawei.com

Serial Number:
    IMEI:
    Product ID:

To get Product ID, dial:
    * # * # 1357946 # * # *

-BMFC

Waiting for Huawei Y536A1 bootloader unlock code WTF?????(FIXED)

Hope this can help.
    Even with the bootloader unlocked, I have no permission in terminal or adb, what we need as far as I can tell, is a patched kernel or custom recovery or something that we can flash via fastboot, I am working on trying to get something usable off the device, if we could get a recovery.img off the device somehow, then we could build a cwm for our device and flash it via fastboot and be rooted. I need an .img to try to hack to gain root privileges, but I havent been able to get anything off the device to work with. I can adb pull the visible part of the system, but the data and cache partitions are hidden, etc. so its not much help...I am trying to figure out how I can get a FULL system dump, everything Ive found so far requires you to be rooted already. All we need is a way to get su into /system/bin.

-BMFC

Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you mess up your phone break it and make it in operable

Here is a thread from a very respected website

http://www.modaco.com/topic/370878-mod-all-unlock-bootloader-directly-from-huawei-website/

From what I understand from the thread will work for them it's a crapshoot whether it'll work for us