Question Unlocked Bootloader?

Search This thread

hacls

Apr 16, 2022
Anyone with problem to relocking, this may help...

I was barely using the phone, so I decide to do some tests... I flashed the phone many times, and I always have the bootloop problem... Tried to relock too, bricked many times... But one simple command solve it all...

"fastboot --set-active=a"

I recommend myogui to put in the tutorial, actually I recommend using this command before doing anything with fastboot... This basically select the current partition slot...

I flashed the phone like 4, 5 times, changing configs, USB slots... Always have the bootloop... After this command I flashed about 4 times with 100% success.. no bootloops....

After that I made some tests trying to relock the phone, bricked many times, every time I tried to relock the phone the image corrupted..

Then I tried to relock with this command and guess what... The phone locked the bootloader without a problem... Lol... BUT keep in mind that I locked just one time... I didn't do more tests relocking, so be careful... Just try to relock if you know how to unbrick the phone...

Every test I made with RMX3301 (Global) ROM on my RMX3300 (Chinese) phone..

In short... Just do this commands in that order...

fastboot --set-active=a
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
fastboot flash engineering_cdt engineering_cdt.img
fastboot flash metadata metadata.img
fastboot flash oplusreserve2 oplusreserve2.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash splash splash.img
fastboot flash super super.img
fastboot flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img
fastboot flash vbmeta_vendor vbmeta_vendor.img
fastboot flash vendor_boot vendor_boot.img
fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot -w

To relock go to bootloader and type in that order...

fastboot --set-active=a
fastboot flashing lock

Use the Platform-tools 33.0.1 or later since the older versions of ADB this command to set the slot is diferent.

Hope this help with bootloop and relocking problems.

Cheers

In short... Instead of just using the command "fastboot flashing lock"... Use this in that order...

fastboot --set-active=a
fastboot flashing lock

But be careful, like said in the post... It's experimental... Do it just if you know how to unbrick your phone.

Cheers

Last edited:

pathyas

Oct 7, 2013
Pune
Xiaomi Poco F3
Realme GT 2 Pro
Well, I am planning to consider a Realme smartphone, GT2 Pro is looking really a great phone, but unlocking bootloader and rooting is mandatory to me and i really don't know what to do.....
I guess on realme phones is not easy like xiaomi / google devices doing that. At last unlocking the bootloader could be easy but how is difficult to find official ROM updates in order to patch the boot image to install magisk?
Stay away from this if you are dependent on custom ROMs, there is no official word or support for this yet. Also, the bloatware is just too irritating. I recently bought this thinking the same but then I bought Mi 11x just to try custom ROMs as my secondary phone. I wish that the Devs will come up with some great custom ROM for this device, at least I hope.

Saeliah

Aug 17, 2022
Seeking assistance from the community, deep testing app says failed to submit application - would it be because I'm on a18 or because my phone is RMX3301-111000(MY version)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can you share the steps?
    these steps are based on the latest Chinese firmware(A.19) and only works for the Chinese version gt2p(RMX3300).

0.download deep test and pass the verify

1.reboot into fastboot and unlock the bootloader, follow the notes appear on screen

Code:
    fastboot flashing unlock

2.flash the modified vbmeta to disable authentication

Code:
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta /path/to/vbmeta.img

3.reboot to fastbootd(userspace) mode

Code:
    fastboot reboot fastboot

4.flash the gsi

Code:
    fastboot flash system /path/to/system.img

5.flash the magisk patched boot image

Code:
    fastboot flash boot /path/to/magisk.img

6.on the phone screen, tap "English" > "wipe data" > enter the code given > "wipe all data" > "yes" (i don't know the origin words but it shall be the same meaning)

7.after wipe finished, the phone will reboot itself, and enjoy qwq

note that the full pe gsi is to big for gt2p's system partiton, the slim version fits perfectly

i'm from China and sorry about my English ;P
    HI,
    I have the RMX3300. I unlocked the bootloader.
    I tried to install the Global Rom using the Realme Flash Tool, but it doesn't work with this tool. The Realme Flashtool does not yet work with the Realme GT2 pro.
    I haven't tried MSN Tool yet. It's probably not that easy either, since you first have to activate it with "Code Meter Runtime".
    Sorry for my english, I`m from Germany.
    I think the realme gt 2 pro chinese forum posted bootloader unlock instructions

The Global Version, i.e. the RMX3301, CANNOT be unlocked using the tool specified above. Only the Chinese version RMX3300
    HI,
    I have the RMX3300. I unlocked the bootloader.
    I tried to install the Global Rom using the Realme Flash Tool, but it doesn't work with this tool. The Realme Flashtool does not yet work with the Realme GT2 pro.
    I haven't tried MSN Tool yet. It's probably not that easy either, since you first have to activate it with "Code Meter Runtime".
    Sorry for my english, I`m from Germany.
    phh GSI can be flashed and it's working fine. minor bugs exist though. also magisk works perfectly.