Question Unlocked Bootloader?

Search This thread

t-ryder

Feb 23, 2011
www.t-ryder.de
Google Pixel 6
I sent an email to all of those addresses with my concerns.
Reply from Realme:

Dear customer,

Greetings from realme Europe,

We deeply regret the inconvenience caused to you and we really appreciate your time and patience for the same.

Further, on the basis of your concern, we don't unlock the bootloader anymore.

In case of any suggestion/inquiry, you can also reply to us on the same email.

Warm Regards,
Team relame Europe,
Link:https://www.realme.com/eu/support

robert3892

Jul 26, 2006
I wrote a very long email to RealMe in Europe about the bootloader unlocking. This is the reply:

Dear customer,

Greetings from realme Europe,

Thank you for writing us.

Further, on the basis of your concern, we have already highlighted your valuable feedback with the concerned team and hope to implement the same in the nearby future updates.

In case of any suggestion/inquiry, you can also reply to us on the same email.

criszz

Aug 22, 2008
BrasoV
Also got this answer

Attachments

• IMG_20220504_122727.jpg
    IMG_20220504_122727.jpg
    440.3 KB · Views: 153

t-ryder

Feb 23, 2011
www.t-ryder.de
Google Pixel 6
Don't people check out all info regarding unlocking here on XDA or other smartphone nerd pages before buying new phones? I bought the GT 2 Pro and knew it was not unlockable. If you still want unlockable/rootable phones buy OnePlus (but make sure to consider that BBK Electronics will screw up that brand or has already), or buy Xiaomi (but make sure to consider that MIUI is a bloated bloody mess) or Pixels (but make sure to consider that Pixel 6 series are screwed up - many hardware and software problems for many users).

Last edited:

lucy1983

Mar 24, 2022
Asus ZenFone 3 Ultra
Xiaomi Poco F1
Don't people check out all info regarding unlocking here on XDA or other smartphone nerd pages before buying new phones? I bought the GT 2 Pro and knew it was not unlockable. If you still want unlockable/rootable phones buy OnePlus (but make sure to consider that BBK Electronics will screw up that brand or has already), or buy Xiaomi (but make sure to consider that MIUI is a bloated bloody mess) or Pixels (but make sure to consider that Pixel 6 series are screwed up - many hardware and software problems for many users).
I'm not disappointed in the sense that I didn't knew what to expect. I knew and I purchased the phone anyway because of his hardware. I'm disappointed mainly because with such a hardware it's a pitty that Realme doesn't (yet) provide a way to unlock it, but provides unlocking options for phones that don't have this flagship level hardware.
I purchased it also with the hope that in the future it could be unlocked, considering that it's been only a few months since the phone launched.

robert3892

Jul 26, 2006
I think a lot of people are trying to be optimistic and hope that RealMe changes their unlocking policy.

lucy1983

Mar 24, 2022
Asus ZenFone 3 Ultra
Xiaomi Poco F1
Realme just provided official solution, please try it: https://c.realme.com/in/post-details/1526491339024314368

Also please tell them on this email [email protected] about their low quality kernel sources (I just said they should follow Oneplus or Xiaomi which provide them in better way) - so we can get some better custom ROM support. Cheers
I'm glad for the GT2 Pro users. This makes me hope that the GT2 will also get an official APK in the near future.

Fentadroid

Jan 23, 2014
Turin
Anyone who successfully unlocked the bootloader on the EU Global phone (not India)? Did someone install magisk?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I tried several GSI images but none of them worked. Even the smalest one will give me the error:
    fastboot flash system system.img
    Invalid sparse file format at header magic
    Resizing 'system_b' FAILED (remote: 'Not enough space to resize partition')
    fastboot: error: Command failed
    try 'fastboot erase system_ext' to make more space
    then which phone we should buy? which ensures security and freedom.
    Security and freedom? Wait for Pixel 7 or 7 Pro and flash Graphene OS or Calyx OS when it is released.
    Export is better, less blotware, no realme account, but not native call recorder.
    Can you share the steps?
    these steps are based on the latest Chinese firmware(A.19) and only works for the Chinese version gt2p(RMX3300).

0.download deep test and pass the verify

1.reboot into fastboot and unlock the bootloader, follow the notes appear on screen

Code:
    fastboot flashing unlock

2.flash the modified vbmeta to disable authentication

Code:
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta /path/to/vbmeta.img

3.reboot to fastbootd(userspace) mode

Code:
    fastboot reboot fastboot

4.flash the gsi

Code:
    fastboot flash system /path/to/system.img

5.flash the magisk patched boot image

Code:
    fastboot flash boot /path/to/magisk.img

6.on the phone screen, tap "English" > "wipe data" > enter the code given > "wipe all data" > "yes" (i don't know the origin words but it shall be the same meaning)

7.after wipe finished, the phone will reboot itself, and enjoy qwq

note that the full pe gsi is to big for gt2p's system partiton, the slim version fits perfectly

i'm from China and sorry about my English ;P
    HI,
    I have the RMX3300. I unlocked the bootloader.
    I tried to install the Global Rom using the Realme Flash Tool, but it doesn't work with this tool. The Realme Flashtool does not yet work with the Realme GT2 pro.
    I haven't tried MSN Tool yet. It's probably not that easy either, since you first have to activate it with "Code Meter Runtime".
    Sorry for my english, I`m from Germany.
    I think the realme gt 2 pro chinese forum posted bootloader unlock instructions

The Global Version, i.e. the RMX3301, CANNOT be unlocked using the tool specified above. Only the Chinese version RMX3300
    HI,
    I have the RMX3300. I unlocked the bootloader.
    I tried to install the Global Rom using the Realme Flash Tool, but it doesn't work with this tool. The Realme Flashtool does not yet work with the Realme GT2 pro.
    I haven't tried MSN Tool yet. It's probably not that easy either, since you first have to activate it with "Code Meter Runtime".
    Sorry for my english, I`m from Germany.
    phh GSI can be flashed and it's working fine. minor bugs exist though. also magisk works perfectly.