Question Unlocked Bootloader?

Search This thread

GIutton

Dec 26, 2021
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
Anyone who successfully unlocked the bootloader on the EU Global phone (not India)? Did someone install magisk?
How do you tell the difference between the EU and Indian versions? The Deep Test app was stuck on the "Application submitted processing, please wait" screen for about a half hour but after I clicked "back" then clicked "Query Approval Status" it said my application was approved and gives me the option to "start deep testing."

Reactions: Fentadroid

Fentadroid

Jan 23, 2014
Turin
How do you tell the difference between the EU and Indian versions? The Deep Test app was stuck on the "Application submitted processing, please wait" screen for about a half hour but after I clicked "back" then clicked "Query Approval Status" it said my application was approved and gives me the option to "start deep testing."
Great.
Did you install Magisk?

Fentadroid

Jan 23, 2014
Turin
Am still looking for a way to extract a copy of the boot.img. The payload dumper I tried using isn't working.
Did you try this?

You need the liblzma-5.dll too.

GIutton

Dec 26, 2021
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
Did you try this?

You need the liblzma-5.dll too.
Can't get that one to work either. Maybe I did something wrong but seems to do same thing as the other dumper I tried, it just opens and immediately re-closes. I downloaded and unzipped the dumper, saved both payload.bin and liblzma-5.dll to the same folder as payload-dumper-go_1.0.0_windows_amd64.exe then clicked the exe.

The first dumper I mentioned works for my OP 8T payload.bin but not my GT 2 payload.bin and this payload dumper isn't working for either one.

Last edited:

Fentadroid

Jan 23, 2014
Turin
Can't get that one to work either. Maybe I did something wrong but seems to do same thing as the other dumper I tried, it just opens and immediately re-closes. I downloaded and unzipped the dumper, saved both payload.bin and liblzma-5.dll to the same folder as payload-dumper-go_1.0.0_windows_amd64.exe then clicked the exe.

The first dumper I mentioned works for my OP 8T payload.bin but not my GT 2 payload.bin and this payload dumper isn't working for either one.
If you give me a link to download the ROM i can try to do the same thing to see what happen.....

GIutton

Dec 26, 2021
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
If you give me a link to download the ROM i can try to do the same thing to see what happen.....
Here is the package I found with a payload.bin https://c.realme.com/global/post-details/1523941448298356736

It is the rollback package to go from A13 back to A12 but is the latest build number.

Here is another link to the latest OTA but this is an OFP file and also includes the MSM tool. https://www.getdroidtips.com/realme-gt-2-pro-rmx3301-firmware-flash-file/

Fentadroid

Jan 23, 2014
Turin
Here is the package I found with a payload.bin https://c.realme.com/global/post-details/1523941448298356736

It is the rollback package to go from A13 back to A12 but is the latest build number.

Here is another link to the latest OTA but this is an OFP file and also includes the MSM tool. https://www.getdroidtips.com/realme-gt-2-pro-rmx3301-firmware-flash-file/

It worked with my version of payload.bin extractor.
Here is the boot.img

That is from https://download.c.realme.com/flash/DP1_Android_13/EU/RMX3301_ROLL_BACK_Android12_EU.zip package.
I guess you can only flash boot.img of the same rom version you have installed.
Just try to boot it first with fastboot boot boot.img

GIutton

Dec 26, 2021
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
It worked with my version of payload.bin extractor.
Here is the boot.img

That is from https://download.c.realme.com/flash/DP1_Android_13/EU/RMX3301_ROLL_BACK_Android12_EU.zip package.
I guess you can only flash boot.img of the same rom version you have installed.
Just try to boot it first with fastboot boot boot.img
Sorry I have only used Magisk once and that was a couple days ago so can I clarify a few things? This is not a patched boot correct? Are you suggesting I try to boot into this WITHOUT patching it to test it? If so what am I looking for when I do that? Lastly, do I open a PowerShell in the folder with the boot.img and use "fastboot boot boot.img" while phone is connected to PC and in fastboot mode?

Fentadroid

Jan 23, 2014
Turin
Sorry I have only used Magisk once and that was a couple days ago so can I clarify a few things? This is not a patched boot correct? Are you suggesting I try to boot into this WITHOUT patching it to test it? If so what am I looking for when I do that? Lastly, do I open a PowerShell in the folder with the boot.img and use "fastboot boot boot.img" while phone is connected to PC and in fastboot mode?

Yes this is not patched, you need to patch it with magisk.
Once patched, rename it to "boot.img" reboot to fastboot and give that command.
Keep in mind you can only flash or boot (patched or not) boot.img same version of your current rom.
If you boot it without flashing it, if something goes wrong, just reboot the phone.

Rapper_skull

Apr 21, 2011
Naples
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Realme GT 2 Pro
I have not received my phone yet, so I can't test, but I started experimenting, and I wanted to warn you that not all Global ROMs are created equal. Unfortunately, the boot.img file extracted from the A.14 ROM differs between RMX3301export_11_A.14_2022041311050164 and RMX3301GDPR_11_A.14_2022041414290143, and only the latter is for the EU market. This not only means that you have to be careful of which ROM you use to extract the boot partition, but also that there's no A.15 EU boot.img currently available, since there's no RMX3301GDPR_11_A.15 download link yet.

GIutton

Dec 26, 2021
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
I have not received my phone yet, so I can't test, but I started experimenting, and I wanted to warn you that not all Global ROMs are created equal. Unfortunately, the boot.img file extracted from the A.14 ROM differs between RMX3301export_11_A.14_2022041311050164 and RMX3301GDPR_11_A.14_2022041414290143, and only the latter is for the EU market. This not only means that you have to be careful of which ROM you use to extract the boot partition, but also that there's no A.15 EU boot.img currently available, since there's no RMX3301GDPR_11_A.15 download link yet.

The page above says it is for the EU version? Have also seen the two A.14 versions you mentioned above and seems odd that the export version would be an 18 GB .ofp file but the GDPR version is only about 5.7 GB .ofp file? Similar with A.15 export version which is about 17 GB .ofp but the rollback package listed above as EU version is a .bin file and is only about 5.2 GB.

Rapper_skull

Apr 21, 2011
Naples
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Realme GT 2 Pro

The page above says it is for the EU version? Have also seen the two A.14 versions you mentioned above and seems odd that the export version would be an 18 GB .ofp file but the GDPR version is only about 5.7 GB .ofp file? Similar with A.15 export version which is about 17 GB .ofp but the rollback package listed above as EU version is a .bin file and is only about 5.2 GB.
The boot.img file extracted from the rollback package is the same as the A.14 EU (GDPR) ROM.

Rapper_skull

Apr 21, 2011
Naples
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Realme GT 2 Pro
Just got my phone. It is the European model (ro.product.odm.name = RMX3301EEA, ro.build.oplus_nv_id = 01000100), and unfortunately the Deep testing app says "This phone model does not support deep testing.".

For anyone interested, however, the OTA link for the A.15 firmware is https://gauss-componentotacostmanua...22/04/27/72db4088a1f34478bdc177d850ce3144.zip and the boot.img is again the same as the Global version.

GIutton

Dec 26, 2021
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
Just got my phone. It is the European model (ro.product.odm.name = RMX3301EEA, ro.build.oplus_nv_id = 01000100), and unfortunately the Deep testing app says "This phone model does not support deep testing.".

For anyone interested, however, the OTA link for the A.15 firmware is https://gauss-componentotacostmanua...22/04/27/72db4088a1f34478bdc177d850ce3144.zip and the boot.img is again the same as the Global version.

Alright forgive me if I sound like a noob because well I am, but if I do 'adb shell getprop' among the list I get [ro.product.odm.name]: [RMX3301] and [ro.build.oplus_nv_id]: [10100110] which obviously differs from what your showing above for the EU version. So it is safe to say I have the Indian/global version? Odd that it would ship with an EU compatible charging brick.

I also show [ro.build.version.ota]: [RMX3301_11.A.15_0150_202204270128] and
[ro.build.display.full_id]: [RMX3301export_11_A.15_2022042701280000]

So given all of that I should be okay to pull and magisk-patch the boot.img from the IN A13 rollback package RMX3301_ROLL_BACK_Android12_IN.zip from here? https://download.c.realme.com/flash/DP1_Android_13/IN/RMX3301_ROLL_BACK_Android12_IN.zip

When I downloaded the EU rollback a few days ago I got the IN rom RMX3301_ROLL_BACK_Android12_INRMX3301export_11_A.15.zip instead, however I just re-downloaded it and this time it was the proper EU rom RMX3301_ROLL_BACK_Android12_EU.zip. Someone must have linked the wrong file at first and so wanted to make sure you're not comparing that originally linked roms boot.img because it would be the same as the IN boot.img since it was the IN rom in the first place not the EU.

Edit: Keeps bugging me that I got an EU charging brick. IIRC I read somewhere that OTA updates can differ when connected to a VPN for various regions. Could realme have changed my phones ROM/model version when I did my first OTA update since I am not in the EU? Oh nvm looks like you're in the US as well so if that was the case then yours would have been changed too.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can you share the steps?
    these steps are based on the latest Chinese firmware(A.19) and only works for the Chinese version gt2p(RMX3300).

0.download deep test and pass the verify

1.reboot into fastboot and unlock the bootloader, follow the notes appear on screen

Code:
    fastboot flashing unlock

2.flash the modified vbmeta to disable authentication

Code:
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta /path/to/vbmeta.img

3.reboot to fastbootd(userspace) mode

Code:
    fastboot reboot fastboot

4.flash the gsi

Code:
    fastboot flash system /path/to/system.img

5.flash the magisk patched boot image

Code:
    fastboot flash boot /path/to/magisk.img

6.on the phone screen, tap "English" > "wipe data" > enter the code given > "wipe all data" > "yes" (i don't know the origin words but it shall be the same meaning)

7.after wipe finished, the phone will reboot itself, and enjoy qwq

note that the full pe gsi is to big for gt2p's system partiton, the slim version fits perfectly

i'm from China and sorry about my English ;P
    HI,
    I have the RMX3300. I unlocked the bootloader.
    I tried to install the Global Rom using the Realme Flash Tool, but it doesn't work with this tool. The Realme Flashtool does not yet work with the Realme GT2 pro.
    I haven't tried MSN Tool yet. It's probably not that easy either, since you first have to activate it with "Code Meter Runtime".
    Sorry for my english, I`m from Germany.
    I think the realme gt 2 pro chinese forum posted bootloader unlock instructions

The Global Version, i.e. the RMX3301, CANNOT be unlocked using the tool specified above. Only the Chinese version RMX3300
    HI,
    I have the RMX3300. I unlocked the bootloader.
    I tried to install the Global Rom using the Realme Flash Tool, but it doesn't work with this tool. The Realme Flashtool does not yet work with the Realme GT2 pro.
    I haven't tried MSN Tool yet. It's probably not that easy either, since you first have to activate it with "Code Meter Runtime".
    Sorry for my english, I`m from Germany.
    phh GSI can be flashed and it's working fine. minor bugs exist though. also magisk works perfectly.