• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Unlocked LG V30 got Android 8.0 Oreo Update

Search This thread

asialove2013

Sep 6, 2013
webwxgetmsgimg-3.jpg

https://www.mylgphones.com/unlocked-lg-v30-us998-get-android-8-0-oreo-update.html

Reactions: necroflo

jeston

Oct 5, 2007
Hope this is true! Been getting a little annoyed with the lack of any updates at all. Same thing happened with the unlocked V20. They haven't even given us bootloader unlock yet...

Think I learned my lesson this time. Back to the Pixel I go after I'm done with this phone.

Last edited:

asialove2013

Sep 6, 2013
it is true

Hope this is true! Been getting a little annoyed with the lack of any updates at all. Same thing happened with the unlocked V20. They haven't even given us bootloader unlock yet...

Think I learned my lesson this time. Back to the Pixel I go after I'm done with this phone.

I have the .up file from v10c to v18f (Android 8.0) for Unlocked US998 model

Mad Medik

Jan 28, 2006
The Hammer!

I agree. I made a quick decision at a boxing week sale and came from a OnePlus who support user unlocking and flashing. I'm going through update withdrawal! I like the device but had I known that the H933 variant was likely never going to be rootable, I would not have gone with it.

Sent from my LG-H933 using Tapatalk

crazyut

I am wondering if LG's implementation of Android 8.lx Oreo will be rootable as the Google Pixel 2 XL's version (had this phone 3 weeks then sold it)

I have been getting bugged for an update but so far, have refused (because I do wish to root).

I understood the bootloader unlock has to come from LG (with the only way to access fastboot commands being the official bootloader unlock needed to install twrp/magisk/etc.) .

jeston

Oct 5, 2007
Wait. so you're saying you got the 8.0 update through OTA for the US998?? THis is the carrier unlocked international us998 you're talking about, correct? Because I never recieved any OTA on mine....

Read the link. It's just in testing by LG right now. As far as I can tell by looking on Google, this user is literally the only one talking about having it (all news stories link back to his link in OP), so I wouldn't get your hopes up about him sharing it or about us getting it officially any time soon.

Reactions: ChazzMatt

Top Liked Posts