bkeaver

Dec 10, 2006
Dayton, Ohio
Your screenshot shows LTE.
It was 5G. Don't know why that pic was LTE Screenshot_20200818-035549.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

marctronixx

Jul 18, 2007
reading comments on an enthusiasts forum like xda should be taken with a grain of salt. lots of folks like to state they *know* for sure that something is this way or that, and this type of rhetoric can cause confusion.

that said , people should do their own research before buying the unlocked version, to make sure its radio is compatible with the carrier you are using.

ive had the unlocked note 10+ on tmo and have had the same experience as one would using a branded version. someone mentioned about rcs, and i cannot comment on that since i do not use it (i use textra).

many of us will get these phones tomorrow so we can find out right away what will work and what won't. that's why we are called "early adopters" - its those folks (early adopters ) who can report real data on these devices for the masses.

dominante58

May 24, 2011
South Florida
There was a recent update for T-mobile that allows the use of eSIM on this device.

So far, this is the only functionality I haven't been able to use on the unlocked version of the N20U.
ditto- same here.

I really want to use the eSIM also. This sucks! I hope they push out an update to the unlocked versions that will enable this.

Culex316

Apr 1, 2012
Miami, FL
LG G7 ThinQ
reading comments on an enthusiasts forum like xda should be taken with a grain of salt. lots of folks like to state they *know* for sure that something is this way or that, and this type of rhetoric can cause confusion.

that said , people should do their own research before buying the unlocked version, to make sure its radio is compatible with the carrier you are using.

ive had the unlocked note 10+ on tmo and have had the same experience as one would using a branded version. someone mentioned about rcs, and i cannot comment on that since i do not use it (i use textra).

many of us will get these phones tomorrow so we can find out right away what will work and what won't. that's why we are called "early adopters" - its those folks (early adopters ) who can report real data on these devices for the masses.
Can you confirm that the unlocked version picks up Band 71 LTE on T-Mobile?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What if anything do we loose?
    I've been using unlocked devices on TMO for the past few years and everything works. I've not found anything that don't..

Hi!
    Hey any functionality lost by using the unlocked version on T-Mobile ?
    Thanks
    Won't you just be able to flash the T-Mobile firmware via Odin if you get the unlocked? Then you get the best of both worlds. This is what I did with my Note10+. Got the Unlocked from Samsung then used Odin to get the official T-mobile firmware.
    I currently use an unlocked note 10+ on tmo that isn't flashed. The only limitation is that I cannot do tmo-to-tmo video calling. It may simply be a setting on my end but I never looked into it as there are so many options. Everything else works fine and I seem to get every update at the same time.
    To fix that issue you can flash TMobile rom onto the unlocked version.
    When speaking to Samsung about this, they told me all T-Mobile bands are supported including 5G on the unlocked versions. What you may lose is video calling (who cares) and possibly wifi calling. But in the past I've seen threads were talking to higher-level techs at T-Mobile can enable those features.
    You don't lose wifi calling or video calling using unlocked on TMO.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone