[Unlocked Only][Release]CWM Recovery Mod for Atrix 4G 2011-06-30 updated again!

Search This thread

Swiftks

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 16, 2011
The Woodlands, TX
Me thinks that you need to get to the Starting Fastboot Protocol screen first, before the run the cmd. Like you did before you ran the cmds for unlocking the boot loader... could be wrong though.. have had a chance to install this yet, will this morning thought.

Damn beat me to it :)

Sent from my MB860 using XDA Premium App

Reactions: nsourm

Swiftks

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 16, 2011
The Woodlands, TX
On a different note, I have a question. Should we uninstall the older, none fastboot version before installing this one?
Will old CWM backups work with new version if we need to restore, or should we make a new backup?
At least one person has said that when trying to install a .zip with this new version, they got a error saying the script is no longer compatible with this newer version of CWM. Is this something that we can expect on all the flashable zip files created to this point? Will the zip scripts need to be updated?

Sorry that was like 4 questions... all relativley important though.

Vangelis13

OK..look at your phone does it say starting fastboot protocol support or just fastboot? If it just says fastboot press volume up.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

No, still "waiting for device". Phone is on, usb debugging is on. I'm not sure the steps I follow are correct..

I also did what Tenfar said on post #30, "there must be a install_recovery.sh in your /system/etc/ you need to remove that file", prior to starting with flashing the image.

aver2one

Nov 26, 2010
miami
www.anythinggeekonline.com
No, still "waiting for device". Phone is on, usb debugging is on. I'm not sure the steps I follow are correct..

I also did what Tenfar said on post #30, "there must be a install_recovery.sh in your /system/etc/ you need to remove that file", prior to starting with flashing the image.

the phone is on? is it in fastboot mode? it has to be in fastboot mode and it has to say starting fastboot protocol support.. are you sure you unlocked your phone already?, because this mod requires the unlock(if you unlocked your phone remember the fastboot mode you used?)

Reactions: Vangelis13

Vangelis13

the phone is on? is it in fastboot mode? it has to be in fastboot mode and it has to say starting fastboot protocol support.. are you sure you unlocked your phone already?, because this mod requires the unlock(if you unlocked your phone remember the fastboot mode you used?)

Ok, got it now I think. Sending & writing recovery both show as ok in cdm, the screen shows the attached, is it done? IMG_20110624_130211.jpg

aver2one

Nov 26, 2010
miami
www.anythinggeekonline.com
Ok, got it now I think. Sending & writing recovery both show as ok in cdm, the screen shows the attached, is it done?View attachment 635501

yes! looks like its done! send the reboot command on the first post and you should be able to get to recovery using the volume down button+power then press volume down till you get to android recovery then press volume up.

Treello

Nov 1, 2007
On a different note, I have a question. Should we uninstall the older, none fastboot version before installing this one?
Will old CWM backups work with new version if we need to restore, or should we make a new backup?
At least one person has said that when trying to install a .zip with this new version, they got a error saying the script is no longer compatible with this newer version of CWM. Is this something that we can expect on all the flashable zip files created to this point? Will the zip scripts need to be updated?

^ this

flaviocc

Sep 11, 2008
Vila Velha - ES
Guys,

just to confirm: this is it just for AT&T phones correct ?

Here in Brazil doesnt work ? Any chance to any dev do this work here ?

Tks and sorry for noob question.

Fcc

brandon15811

Dec 4, 2008

Any zips written with amend, aka, without update-binary, will not work with this cwm

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    thread outdated ! please user romracer's http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1204500

Hi ALL,

This is the recovery.img build for Unlocked AT&T Atrix 4G.
    You can flash this direct to the recovery partition for a unlocked device, no more AC charger!
    Thanks Koush and other devs who are working on the original cwm recovery.
    enjoy porting CM7!
    this is under developmet ,please use at your own risk! but every release will be tested first.if you like my work. buy me a beer :)

have fun.

Updated:GMT+8:00 06-30 11:20am

filename: recovery-en-goapk-0630-1029.zip
    add backup and restore pds( backup tested,restore didnt test.)
    add Internal SD card Support (nandroid and choose zip from internal sdcard)
    should add a restart adb server int the menu in next version.

Latest Download:

View attachment recovery-en-goapk-0630-1029.zip
    69dba56fjw1dioukebtj0j.jpg
    69dba56fjw1diovf8o1buj.jpg

Please Remove install_recovery.sh located in your /system/etc/ ,so that the recovery will not be overwrite to stock one.

GMT+8:00 2011-06-25-22:25 Update again:
    Important Update!recovery-en-goapk-0625-2034.zip
    fix wipe format and backup restore

latest: View attachment recovery-en-goapk-0625-2034.zip

GMT+8:00 2011-06-25 03:38 Update:
    fix format data and cache
    please update to latest build.

another fixed!
    please update.

and every other thing should work as it should。

how to install:
    Windows:
    unzip recovery-en-goapk.zip to D:\
    open a CMD in windows.
    fastboot flash recovery D:\recovery-en-goapk.img
    Linux:
    unzip recovery-en-goapk.zip to you home
    mot-fastboot flash recovery ~/recovery-en-goapk.img
    mot-fastboot reboot

pics:
    69dba56fjw1dihyjkimkpj.jpg

Downloads:
    2011-06-24-16:10 GMT +8:00
    View attachment recovery-en-goapk.zip

2011-06-25 03:38 GMT +8:00

View attachment recovery-en-goapk-0313.zip

HERE IS THE EASY GUIDE:thanks Paschalis !

I had the prev version of CWM, and i wanted to update to the latest, using moto-fastboot instead of fastboot..
    It's very easy.. So i wrote a little guide.. Dont blame me.. Its for new guys like me!

Btw will any future update of CWM, have adb enabled?
    eg If we messed up with framework or anything else can cause a soft-brick, then recover using backup files..

Step-by-Step

How to install on Windows with moto-fastboot
    1) With Root-Explorer go to: /system/etc/ and remove: "install_recovery.sh" file

2) Download moto-fastboot.rar, and latest recovery recovery-en-goapk-0630-1029.zip

3) Extract contents of moto-fastboot.rar in C:\Windows,
    and content of recovery-en-goapk-0630-1029.zip in C (for example).

4) Get your Atrix in FastBoot:
    ................................ a) Turn it off
    ................................ b) While turning it on, press VolumeDown key
    ................................ c) Press VolumeUp key
    ................................ d) Connect your Atrix to your PC using usb data cable

5) Open a cmd (Command Prompt)

6) Enter following cmd commands:
    ............. a) cd C:\
    ............. b) moto-fastboot flash recovery C:\recovery-en-goapk-0630-1029.img
    ............. c) moto-fastboot reboot

7) Thank Paschalis for this guide!

original post on http://bbs.goapk.com/thread-2874929-1-1.html
    please include this info when you post this on other forums.
    How To: Get into CWM Recovery
    Using ADB:
    - adb reboot recovery​

Using buttons:
    - Hold down power, downward volume buttons until you see "Fastboot"
    - Use downward volume button to click multiple times until you see Android Recovery
    - Then, press the upward volume button​
    Well, I didn't feel like buying an external sdcard when I have a perfectly good internal one (see lots of requests for this too). Here is a modded recovery that will allow you to use the internal sdcard instead. Enjoy.

recovery-en-goapk-0625-2034-internalsdcard.img.zip
    md5 of zip: 8c1cf7f9e6112875f9d88d3cd750be3d
    md5 of img: bd738a707e12491cc5e284ffea3fb69a
    http://www.mediafire.com/?2o11o82c12pk992
    Great to see this so soon. I cannot wait for a fully functional version! Glad to see you still lurking around here tenfar, thankyou for this, as well as koush and all the others (if any) involved in making this happen!

please update to the newleast version.dont use the old version