• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Unlocked s10e from ATT (SM-G970U) - Can I flash G970U1?

Search This thread

dwcasey

Jul 14, 2010
NW Arkansas
I purchased an "unlocked" S10e off Swappa. It works on my Mint Mobile account just fine. But, it has the ATT carrier branding and bloatware. And, it's stuck at Android 10/October 2020 Security Update/OneUI 2.5.

Can I Odin flash the U1 firmware without causing any problems? It's my understanding that the G970U1 is essentially the same device, but sold by Samsung as SIM unlocked and with no carrier branding/bloatware.

If I download the U1, would I / should I push BL, AP, CP, CSC *and* USERDATA?

Thanks.

dwcasey

Jul 14, 2010
NW Arkansas
I purchased an "unlocked" S10e off Swappa. It works on my Mint Mobile account just fine. But, it has the ATT carrier branding and bloatware. And, it's stuck at Android 10/October 2020 Security Update/OneUI 2.5.

Can I Odin flash the U1 firmware without causing any problems? It's my understanding that the G970U1 is essentially the same device, but sold by Samsung as SIM unlocked and with no carrier branding/bloatware.

Thanks.

I ended up using the Samsung Firmware downloader from here

Pulled down the latest G970U1 with region XAA. It handled the decryption.

But reading folks having issues going from a U to U1, vice versa, or separate carriers, I found this and downloaded the latest version (originally found linked from here https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-cant-flash-u1-with-odin-etc-att-s21.4238775/)

I then extracted the five files and pulled them into the patcheD Odin. Powered off the phone. Started download mode (down vol+bixby button) and plugged in. Odin saw the phone, I clicked start and it finished in only a few minutes.

Reactions: Nooblet1001

Nooblet1001

Oct 31, 2019
Samsung Galaxy S10e

But reading folks having issues going from a U to U1, vice versa, or separate carriers, I found this and downloaded the latest version (originally found linked from here https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-cant-flash-u1-with-odin-etc-att-s21.4238775/)

I then extracted the five files and pulled them into the patcheD Odin. Powered off the phone. Started download mode (down vol+bixby button) and plugged in. Odin saw the phone, I clicked start and it finished in only a few minutes.
Can we get an update? How did it turn out? Were you able to get OTA updates? Everything work okay?

I might try this at the library tomorrow. Downloading firmware really sucks without wifi.

dwcasey

Jul 14, 2010
NW Arkansas
Can we get an update? How did it turn out? Were you able to get OTA updates? Everything work okay?

I might try this at the library tomorrow. Downloading firmware really sucks without wifi.
A little scary process, but overall I'm happy and have had great success. I've received two monthly Security updates since flashing. All the branding/bloat is gone (well, still have Samsung bloat, but that is easily dealt with).

Reactions: Nooblet1001

Nooblet1001

Oct 31, 2019
Samsung Galaxy S10e
A little scary process, but overall I'm happy and have had great success. I've received two monthly Security updates since flashing. All the branding/bloat is gone (well, still have Samsung bloat, but that is easily dealt with).
IT WORKED!!! I can't believe it worked first try! Thank you so much for putting the guide out there, I'm so happy. Thanks a ton! You're awesome.

Br0KK

Apr 21, 2019
I have bought myself an s10e 256 GB from the US and i am stuck on Android 10 June 2020. ATT wont give me any Updates because i am i Germany and do not have an ATT sim card.

The phone is unlocked as my german sim works fine.

I have ATT bloatware on there ....
The phone tells me i am on TE8
SmartSwitch tells me it has the latest FW

So can someone point me to a newbie description how to to Flash Android 11 onto it.

Never done this before. Never rooted but jailbroken all my iPhones. Android is comlicated in this regard.

Thx

Br0KK

Apr 21, 2019
This is so effn confusing... samloader does not work.
freija has no firmware
Sammobile has 2 devices u and u1
Multiple firmwares to choose from ....

I am about to ditch samsung 4 good....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks.