Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge now receiving Android Oreo in UK

Search This thread

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
When I changed to BTU back in 7.0 beta, I just flashed the whole official rom, but whatever difference there is between XEU and BTU will be lost in the process. Maybe try with a different release.

Yea I did the same with the beta, I guess it wasn't Multi-CSC in the beta so had no choice but to flash that CSC

Now both XEU and BTU are basically the same firmware, both Multi-CSC so it just defaults to the phones original CSC, in my case, XEU

Think I`ll just hang on until it is available for download, then flash it with ODIN, just got it all set back up again, PITA having to go through that multiple times a day :)

Thanks

Sea-Wolf

Nov 4, 2015
Sydney
Has anyone flashed this onto the 930FD? Previously we could use single-SIM firmware on dual-SIM models without issue, I'm wondering if that's still the case with Oreo?

Hedi.Karray

May 23, 2015
Sfax
I'm H3G UK so just flashed BTU and nothing. No update.

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

UPDATE: Did a factory reset now update popped up :)

what is your device model and can you give a detailed guide on how you flashed BTU CSC and from where you downloaded it ? (newbie here )
will flashing BTU trip your Knox warranty?

Taxiback

Aug 17, 2005
Tunbridge Wells
Flashed mine too with the latest BTU firmware and checked for updates and I take it from the size it's going to Oreo.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180502-103845.png
    Screenshot_20180502-103845.png
    53.1 KB · Views: 271

dungquoc

Nov 24, 2010
I can't upgrade Oreo Rom when I install latest Rom BTU. How can I do now? I am not living in UK.

wigankev

Jul 8, 2010
Greater Manchester
what is your device model and can you give a detailed guide on how you flashed BTU CSC and from where you downloaded it ? (newbie here )
will flashing BTU trip your Knox warranty?

No issue's at all, SM-G930F on Three UK network (H3G) Flashed the United Kindom BTU and factory reset and update popped up straight away. I backed up my data etc using Samsung Smart Switch.

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

Nothing change! I also can try UK VPN.

I had same issue. Factory reset fixed it.

dungquoc

Nov 24, 2010
No issue's at all, SM-G930F on Three UK network (H3G) Flashed the United Kindom BTU and factory reset and update popped up straight away. I backed up my data etc using Samsung Smart Switch.

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

I had same issue. Factory reset fixed it.

Sorry, i did Factory Reset (by Hard Reset) and then not update!
Many tks!

dungquoc

Nov 24, 2010
Tks for your helping!
I have downloaded the newest rom (SM-G930F_G930FXXU2ERD5(8.0) Oreo, from BTU) and I install via Odin (3.13.1).
Successful.

Top Liked Posts