• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Unlocked V35 and Band 71 (600 Mhz)

Search This thread

narc0tics

Nov 23, 2007
Thanks, do you know where I can find it? I go to default apps and only have one option and cant change it

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

I get connection problem or bad mmi code when trying to use that code. I think i am using lg dialer not sure though. I download google phone from app store and that looks different.

Posting from an old account, i got it to work by flashing google fi firmware. No idea if its going to fix my calling issues though, hopefully

gilgamesh0

Apr 21, 2008
I'm not certain but I've read on XDA that if you have an unlocked LMV350AWM, then you can flash the same code that runs on a LMV350ULM and using on T-Mobile or Google Fi.

Can anyone who's flashed the LMV350ULM firmware on an unlocked LMV350AWM (AT&T version), report being able to enable and connect to band 71 on T-Mobile?

As best I can tell, such folks are mostly able to use wifi calling on T-Mobile, but I haven't seen anyone yet say they've successfully connected on band 71 with an AWM phone, even after cross-flashing the ULM fw. Sounds like it could be the carrier (T-Mobile) not successfully recognizing/accepting the AWM version of the phone on band 71.

Would be great if someone could confirm otherwise, as there are just so many more AWM devices available.

xela19115

Dec 9, 2010
Philadelphia
Samsung Galaxy S20
Can anyone who's flashed the LMV350ULM firmware on an unlocked LMV350AWM (AT&T version), report being able to enable and connect to band 71 on T-Mobile?

As best I can tell, such folks are mostly able to use wifi calling on T-Mobile, but I haven't seen anyone yet say they've successfully connected on band 71 with an AWM phone, even after cross-flashing the ULM fw. Sounds like it could be the carrier (T-Mobile) not successfully recognizing/accepting the AWM version of the phone on band 71.

Would be great if someone could confirm otherwise, as there are just so many more AWM devices available.

Do you know if Band 71 is enabled in your area? I have an LMV350ULM phone with band 71 enabled, but yet to see the phone using it in the metro Philadelphia area.

gilgamesh0

Apr 21, 2008
Do you know if Band 71 is enabled in your area? I have an LMV350ULM phone with band 71 enabled, but yet to see the phone using it in the metro Philadelphia area.

It isn't enabled close by (that I know about), but is in some more rural areas that I take an occasional trip to. This is speculative for me at the moment :), considering getting a V35 but don't have one currently. At this point I'm thinking I'd probably just live without the band 71 for a cheaper AWM version, as one can at least flash away the AT&T bloat.

(Then again, with the V30 being cheaper still might go that route, though I'd much prefer the 6gb of RAM.)

gilgamesh0

Apr 21, 2008
Curious about band 71 on the Google Fi V35 version also, can't seem to find any accounts of whether folks have been to enable it on that..

phl1365

Aug 7, 2019
Poway, CA

I just got a new V350ULM and I'm trying to verify if I have access to B71.

I managed to get into the engineering screens with 277634#*# but I'm unclear as to how to use it. As per your screenshot, I've got B71 as an option in the Band Selection page, but all of the bands are unselected. I don't know what to do with this.

Per cellmapper, there is a B71 site a short distance (about a mile or less) from me, but my phone is connecting to B2/B4 sites since I have a good enough signal from those. In the cellmapper app, I can see a number of unnamed towers, but I don't see any signals in the 600 Mhz range. My zip code is 92064, and the cell identifier is 21958207. The Tower ID is 85774

I don't know how to detect or verify B71 operation using LTE Discovery, since that only shows the active tower that I'm connecting to.

I'd be happy to help test this so that we can get a more definitive answer for this question. I just need some direction.

I apologize that I'm not able to attach any images. I'm a noob here so I'm trying to figure some of this stuff out.

Last edited:
Reactions: bacon612

thor17

Jan 30, 2006
I have a carrier unlocked LMV350AWM. Wifi calling on Mint (t-mobile) wouldn't work until I cross-flashed to Fi Oreo. I've since crossflashed to Fi Pie. Dialing 277634#*# from the LG Dialer I see all the same bands as posted earlier, including Band 71. However my phone was set to "Default", so no bands were selected. What does that mean? I am able to manually select all of them and it lets me save them. Should I leave them all selected? Is that better than "Default" where none were selected?

hachiroku

Jan 28, 2008
https://www.t-mobile.com/content/da...nd-Towns.pdf/_jcr_content/renditions/original

band 71 still isn't available in any town near me in California per Jan 2019 list.

EDIT:
i take that back...
https://www.tmonews.com/2019/07/t-mobile-confirms-low-band-lte-upgrades/

as of July 2019
Code:
Midland City, AK
El Dorado, AR
Little Rock, AR
Chandler, AZ
Gilbert, AZ
Mesa, AZ
Phoenix, AZ
Scottsdale, AZ
Tempe, AZ
Tolleson, AZ
Tucson, AZ
Bakersfield, CA
Costa Mesa, CA
Lake Elsinore, CA
Los Angeles, CA
National City, CA
Orange Cove, CA
Pacifica, CA
Phelan, CA
Riverside, CA
San Bernardino, CA
San Diego, CA
San Francisco, CA
Santa Ana, CA
Santa Ysabel, CA
Sherman Oaks, CA
Sunnyvale, CA
Tulare, CA
Vista, CA
Colorado Springs, CO
Divide, CO
Greeley, CO
Loveland, CO
Dayville, CT
Seaford, DE
Ellenton, FL
Jacksonville, FL
Key Largo, FL
Lehigh Acres, FL
Miami Beach, FL
Naples, FL
Ocala, FL
Seffner, FL
Stuart, FL
Albany, GA
Alpharetta, GA
Atlanta, GA
Canton, GA
Dallas, GA
Dalton, GA
Hampton, GA
Leesburg, GA
Marietta, GA
McDonough, GA
Newnan, GA
Peachtree Corners, GA
Watkinsville, GA
Aiea, HI
Hanapepe, HI
Honolulu, HI
Berwyn, IL
Chicago, IL
Cicero, IL
Hazel Crest, IL
Niles, IL
Orland Park, IL
Park Forest, IL
Riverdale, IL
Rockford, IL
Round Lake, IL
South Holland, IL
Wheaton, IL
Indianapolis, IN
New Harmony, IN
Atwood, KS
Coldwater, KS
Dighton, KS
Garden City, KS
Hays, KS
Lake City, KS
Lenora, KS
Phillipsburg, KS
Smith Center, KS
Syracuse, KS
Tribune, KS
Wakeeney, KS
Holden, LA
Metairie, LA
Raceland, LA
Shreveport, LA
College Park, MD
Poolesville, MD
Lowell, MA
Plymouth, MA
Detroit, MI
Kalkaska, MI
Brainerd, MN
Elk River, MN
Rochester, MN
High Ridge, MO
Hillsboro, MO
Pomona, MO
Poplar Bluff, MO
Sikeston, MO
Wentzville, MO
Henderson, NV
Las Vegas, NV
Reno, NV
Cimarron, NM
Tijeras, NM
Bayonne, NJ
Bradley Beach, NJ
Elmwood Park, NJ
Fort Lee, NJ
Hasbrouck Heights, NJ
Hoboken, NJ
Howell, NJ
Irvington, NJ
Jackson, NJ
Jersey City, NJ
Linden, NJ
Little Ferry, NJ
Livingston, NJ
Mount Holly NJ
New Brunswick, NJ
Newark, NJ
Paterson, NJ
Ridgefield, NJ
Ridgefield Park, NJ
Short Hills, NJ
Somerville, NJ
Union City, NJ
West New York, NJ
Baldwin, NY
Bellmore, NY
Brooklyn, NY
Buffalo, NY
Chenango Forks, NY
Elma, NY
Erieville, NY
Farmingdale, NY
Farmingville, NY
Flushing, NY
Lindenhurst, NY
Massapequa, NY
Natural Bridge, NY
New York, NY
Rego Park, NY
Ronkonkoma, NY
Sherman, NY
Spring Valley, NY
Staten Island, NY
Valley Stream, NY
Vestal, NY
West Hempstead, NY
Germanton, NC
Haw River, NC
Jacksonville, NC
Kernersville, NC
Lumberton, NC
Monroe, NC
Rural Hall, NC
Amidon, ND
New Town, ND
Bluffton, OH
Euclid, OH
Toledo, OH
Boise City, OK
Felt, OK
Jenks, OK
Ponca City, OK
Ashland, OR
Portland, OR
Salem, OR
Saint Paul, OR
Adamstown, PA
Coraopolis, PA
Johnsonburg, PA
New Cumberland, PA
New Oxford, PA
Somerset, PA
State College, PA
Winfield, PA
Zelienople, PA
Aguadilla, PR
Cabo Rojo, PR
Caguas, PR
Humacao, PR
Ponce, PR
San Juan, PR
Vieques, PR
Darlington, SC
Dillon, SC
Florence, SC
Fort Mill, SC
Rock Hill, SC
Spartanburg, SC
West Columbia, SC
Gann Valley, SD
Winner, SD
Antioch, TN
Hendersonville, TN
Nashville, TN
Bellville, TX
El Paso, TX
Fort Worth, TX
Gatesville, TX
Houston, TX
Katy, TX
Killeen, TX
Lubbock, TX
Paris, TX
Realitos, TX
Red Oak, TX
San Antonio, TX
Clearfield, UT
Draper, UT
Herriman, UT
Layton, UT
Lehi, UT
Ogden, UT
Panguitch, UT
Park City, UT
Provo, UT
Saint George, UT
Salt Lake City, UT
Sandy, UT
West Valley City, UT
Blacksburg, VA
Boones Mill, VA
Chatham, VA
Danville, VA
Duffield, VA
Earlysville, VA
Hampton, VA
Meadows of Dan, VA
Portsmouth, VA
Sterling, VA
Woodbridge, VA
Chelan, WA
Kirkland, WA
Moses Lake, WA
Sammamish, WA
Sedro Woolley, WA
Neenah, WI

Source: T-Mobile

Last edited:

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Google Pixel 3
My apologies, this is quite an old thread. But, I believe I can answer the question definitively.

While the v35 does indeed show a selection for 71 while using the diagnostics mode with dial code (I'd point out, so does the V30 I believe), that isn't proof that it works.

So to determine, you **have** to use an app like lte discovery, which will show you the towers and info about the connection. What I did in the diagnostics mode was to select ONLY band 71, none others. Then check lte discovery. When I did this with the v35, it only gave me a 3g connection, it couldn't make an LTE connection.

But, doing the exact same thing, from the exact same position on my couch ;) with my v40, boom, band 71 connection.

I'd add though, the speeds were a disappointment. T-mo map says I have 71 in my area, but they don't say how strong it is. So, depending where u live, it may not be quite the big deal you were hoping for.

cheers

tiguy99

Oct 3, 2007
Chicago
My apologies if I missed it but which model V35 do you have? I'm about to get this phone and am trying to decide between AWM or ULM for TMobile.

I'd love to have both WiFi Calling and Band 71 on the AWM if that's possible without root

My apologies, this is quite an old thread. But, I believe I can answer the question definitively.

While the v35 does indeed show a selection for 71 while using the diagnostics mode with dial code (I'd point out, so does the V30 I believe), that isn't proof that it works.

So to determine, you **have** to use an app like lte discovery, which will show you the towers and info about the connection. What I did in the diagnostics mode was to select ONLY band 71, none others. Then check lte discovery. When I did this with the v35, it only gave me a 3g connection, it couldn't make an LTE connection.

But, doing the exact same thing, from the exact same position on my couch ;) with my v40, boom, band 71 connection.

I'd add though, the speeds were a disappointment. T-mo map says I have 71 in my area, but they don't say how strong it is. So, depending where u live, it may not be quite the big deal you were hoping for.

cheers

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Google Pixel 3
My apologies if I missed it but which model V35 do you have? I'm about to get this phone and am trying to decide between AWM or ULM for TMobile.

I'd love to have both WiFi Calling and Band 71 on the AWM if that's possible without root

Sounds like you misunderstood my post. The testing I did indicated the V35 **does not** do band 71. The V40 I was comparing it to **does** have band 71.

I'm sure the t-mo version has 71. But you'll get that if you use t-mo rom. I was testing with ULM 20f on it, but no longer have the device. iirc, wifi calling worked, but honestly don't remember for sure.

lastly, my experience has been 71 isn't that big of a deal. that may change in the future, but I'm on the outskirts of town, and the only 71 tower nearby was so far away the data transfer rate was really bad when I tested it. I want to have it also, but am not finding it to be that big of a deal.

cheers

xela19115

Dec 9, 2010
Philadelphia
Samsung Galaxy S20
Sounds like you misunderstood my post. The testing I did indicated the V35 **does not** do band 71. The V40 I was comparing it to **does** have band 71.

I'm sure the t-mo version has 71. But you'll get that if you use t-mo rom. I was testing with ULM 20f on it, but no longer have the device. iirc, wifi calling worked, but honestly don't remember for sure.

lastly, my experience has been 71 isn't that big of a deal. that may change in the future, but I'm on the outskirts of town, and the only 71 tower nearby was so far away the data transfer rate was really bad when I tested it. I want to have it also, but am not finding it to be that big of a deal.

cheers
The ULM does do WiFi calling, VoLTE and band 71. I know because I use one on T-Mobile.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Google Pixel 3
The ULM does do WiFi calling, VoLTE and band 71. I know because I use one on T-Mobile.

Do you have evidence of it using b71? To actually have proof of it working, do as I mentioned above, use lte discovery and only have b71 enabled in svc/field test menu. If you get an indication of a connections with b71 tower, then, you can say definitively it uses b71.

My testing indicates the v35 does not. As I said, I have b71 available where I live, another device I have (v40), does have it and it does show up as connected on lte discovery, the v35 does not.

One thing to be aware of with the svc/ field test menu. It's **not** a 'select any band and it will work' menu. It's a field test menu. It has all the bands for all LG phones, but that doesn't mean you select it and it turns it on, it only means you can test for it.

The proof is, as i mentioned already, in the V30 you'll also see the exact same test menu. But if it were that simple to turn it on there the v30 would have had b71 a long time ago. It didn't, no one ever got it working, except of course with a t-mo rom.

xela19115

Dec 9, 2010
Philadelphia
Samsung Galaxy S20
Do you have evidence of it using b71? To actually have proof of it working, do as I mentioned above, use lte discovery and only have b71 enabled in svc/field test menu. If you get an indication of a connections with b71 tower, then, you can say definitively it uses b71.

My testing indicates the v35 does not. As I said, I have b71 available where I live, another device I have (v40), does have it and it does show up as connected on lte discovery, the v35 does not.

One thing to be aware of with the svc/ field test menu. It's **not** a 'select any band and it will work' menu. It's a field test menu. It has all the bands for all LG phones, but that doesn't mean you select it and it turns it on, it only means you can test for it.

The proof is, as i mentioned already, in the V30 you'll also see the exact same test menu. But if it were that simple to turn it on there the v30 would have had b71 a long time ago. It didn't, no one ever got it working, except of course with a t-mo rom.
It did work for a while, but... Recently T-Mobile refarmed B41 and B71 for 5G NR.

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Google Pixel 3
It did work for a while, but... Recently T-Mobile refarmed B41 and B71 for 5G NR.

Well, as I said, I **do** have b71 available where I live. The tower is pretty far away, so normally it doesn't show up as it gets drowned out by the closer 66 and b4 towers.

**but**, if you go into the menu mentioned, and **only** enable b71, then it connects and shows up on my V40. Doing the exact same thing with the v35, it does not connect to b71.

You say "it worked for awhile" ... any proof of that? Because if i don't see proof, I'm not believing it. And the "t-mo refarmed b41 and b71 for 5g" may or may not be true, I've no idea. They may be in the process of doing that, in various places, who knows.

but the point, again, the v35, there is no factual evidence of it connecting to a b71 tower. There is evidence, as I presented, that it **will not** connect to a b71 tower.

tiguy99

Oct 3, 2007
Chicago
My apologies!
I actually quoted the wrong person

Which version of V35 do you have?
I'm curious if your results are the same for both ULM and AWM.

cheers

That's my dilemma...I'm trying to decide between AWM unlocked or ULM right now on eBay.

Common sense says get ULM but all I need is Tmobile WiFi calling which if I understand correctly you all are saying works for the AWM.

Now if TMobile band 71 actuallyworks as well for AWM...I'm buying one this weekend and pocketing the 30-50.00 difference!

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Google Pixel 3
My apologies!
I actually quoted the wrong person

Which version of V35 do you have?
I'm curious if your results are the same for both ULM and AWM.

That's my dilemma...I'm trying to decide between AWM unlocked or ULM right now on eBay.

Common sense says get ULM but all I need is Tmobile WiFi calling which if I understand correctly you all are saying works for the AWM.

Now if TMobile band 71 actuallyworks as well for AWM...I'm buying one this weekend and pocketing the 30-50.00 difference!

Well this site lists specs and is usually accurate https://lg-firmwares.com/lg-lmv350ulm-firmwares/ u can also check for awm but the bands are the same I think. I'd say go with ulm. Cheers

tiguy99

Oct 3, 2007
Chicago

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Do you happen to know whether the carrier unlocked LMV350AWM will work with either a Project Fi or T-Mobile? I’ve search quite a bit but no seems to verify that it can.
    I'm not certain but I've read on XDA that if you have an unlocked LMV350AWM, then you can flash the same code that runs on a LMV350ULM and using on T-Mobile or Google Fi.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk
    Sorry to dig this up but how do you know for certain that you are able to use band 71? Have you downloaded a 3rd party and can see a band 71 signal with your v35?

Please show screenshot of LTE Discovery with T-Mobile LTE band 71.

All of the bands on my ULM phone are enabled, screenshots are included. Wi-Fi Calling and VoLTE works. I cannot show you a screenshot from LTE Discovery of Band 71, since it is not enabled in the Philadelphia metro area, yet. A couple of months ago, I did see it pop up on my phone when I was traveling through the Miami metro area.

I just got a new V350ULM and I'm trying to verify if I have access to B71.

I managed to get into the engineering screens with 277634#*# but I'm unclear as to how to use it. As per your screenshot, I've got B71 as an option in the Band Selection page, but all of the bands are unselected. I don't know what to do with this.

Per cellmapper, there is a B71 site a short distance (about a mile or less) from me, but my phone is connecting to B2/B4 sites since I have a good enough signal from those. In the cellmapper app, I can see a number of unnamed towers, but I don't see any signals in the 600 Mhz range. My zip code is 92064, and the cell identifier is 21958207. The Tower ID is 85774

I don't know how to detect or verify B71 operation using LTE Discovery, since that only shows the active tower that I'm connecting to.

I'd be happy to help test this so that we can get a more definitive answer for this question. I just need some direction.

I apologize that I'm not able to attach any images. I'm a noob here so I'm trying to figure some of this stuff out.