Unlocking 32 inch Wallboard Outcome Health

Search This thread

felixaj

Jul 24, 2010
pedwards3x, did you use the adb method or were you able to do everything without a computer, right through the menu? Sorry, my knowledge is pretty basic.

felixaj

Jul 24, 2010
I started with the factory reset, which got the home button working. I was able to load Nova and sideload Gapps, the only thing i think i need left is to figure out swapping "Internal_SD" with "External_SD". It shows a 2GB partition for spps, but the 64GB for user data and won't let me move apps to the 64GB (Internal SD), and an actual SD card in teh slot shows up as "External_SD" but will not allow apps to move to it. Other than that, everything is working great, including the Play Store, and will be great for Youtube in my garage. Let me know if you want a guide with all the files i used so far. I'm an idiot and it was easier than i imagined, and it worked for my other 4 (5 total).

teamsheetz

May 19, 2010
I have one of these tablets and I am having issues getting TWRP onto it. I mean my main goal is to set this thing up just like a normal tablet with all of the google play services on it. Anyone able to assist? I already have it rooted and sideloaded a few apps however want to make it easier to install apps etc.

elminster2031

Jul 25, 2021
And now I'm stuck

If anyone could give me direction/etc to get past where I'm at, I'd appreciate it.

I bought one of these bad boys from an auction and thankfully found this post and started the task of customizing it. I got to the point to where I deleted the apps listed, all through adb reboot recovery (used Generic RK32 with SDcard).

However, on reboot, it didn't go into recovery and had the Context Health splash to a nature backdrop and an Error: Wallboard not installed message. USB debug wasn't persistent, and trying everything that worked previously, I can't seem to get into Safe Mode, and I haven't found any other ways to get into Settings.

I did find the "reset" hole on back, which otherwise functions as a hardware 'Volume Up', but have yet to find any [Boot to Recover] methods involving only Volume Up and Power that work.

Any ideas of things to try?

Thank you

Update 1: Still no luck overall, but somewhat of progress, I hope: Plugging in the DC automatically boots up everything. If I hold down the hardware volume up/reset while adding power AND have USB plugged in, I get a listing in Device Manager; however, the screen stays black. Otherwise, as far as getting my PC to notice it, this is the only means to do it. There is no connection when powered on normally, rather I plug in USB before or after providing power. Also, spamming the power button while booting in order to get into Safe Mode had worked initially. Now doing it causing a freeze on the second or third splash screen refresh.
Did you ever make any additional progress? I found myself in the same situation. I was able to get into settings using the three finger menu and then deviated from what others had outlined by just uninstalling apps through the menu. Once I uninstalled the synop app, the menu crashed. I can't get into any form of settings, debug mode does not appear to be enabled so it doesn't show up in adb. I can use the volume up button to enter recovery mode, but have had no luck finding an image / format that recovery would automatically pull. In recovery mode, I can press the volume up and power buttons simultaneously three times to get the context menu, but without a volume down button, I can't get to the right option in the menu. It starts at reboot. There are buttons on the internal board labeled reset and recover. The recover button is the same volume up button that is in the pinhole and the rest button just appears to be a hard power off for the board itself.

If anyone has any more ideas, I would greatly appreciate it.

Kingmico

Oct 13, 2013
So I have recently acquired a bunch (50+) of these 32" screens. They were pre-rooted as @dwkindig had mentioned. I was able to remove all of the Context media apps and unlock the functionality as a basic android tablet pretty quickly. Threw Nova launcher on it and they work great. Has anyone had success in getting anything above Android 4.4 on these? I have a ton and can pull any files that would be of help to do some digging here, so please let me know. I would love to at least get Lollipop on these so that Android Webview could be upgraded and I could use the Wallpanel app for dashboard use on these. Any suggestions or help I can offer?
Im in the same position. I need Android 6 or later to really do I want to. I was thinkin about attempting to flash an AndroidTV 7.1.2 Rom developed for TV boxes but I only have a few of these so I dont want to brick any. U have 50? You could definitely afford to brick one.

Im in the same position. I need Android 6 or later to really do I want to. I was thinkin about attempting to flash an AndroidTV 7.1.2 Rom developed for TV boxes but I only have a few of these so I dont want to brick any. U have 50? You could definitely afford to brick one.
Have you tried this? I have a few that I've been using as smart home tablets with sideloded apps. But with android 4.4, it really limits what you can do with them.

Eye.Poker

Jun 26, 2022
Anyone adventerous enough to crack thiers open and see if you could upgrade the hardware? Simply link a newer phone to the screen?

Reactions: ryanmar89

Attachments

• 20220626_231006.jpg
    20220626_231006.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
  • 20220626_231207.jpg
    20220626_231207.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 17
  • 20220626_231226.jpg
    20220626_231226.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 17

Eye.Poker

Jun 26, 2022
I have 3 of them. Android 4 just isn't going to allow too much for me, but if there's a potential for swapping out the board that would be EPIC.

Reactions: ryanmar89
The only issue I am coming across at the moment is I cannot get any of my tablets onto fastboot mode (bootloader) to install twrp. I tried doing it via adb shell (adb reboot bootloader) and all it does is takes me to a blank screen and when I put in "fastboot devices" nothing shows up. Any ideas before I try to find new boards to swap these out with to get a better version of android on them?

Eye.Poker

Jun 26, 2022
The only issue I am coming across at the moment is I cannot get any of my tablets onto fastboot mode (bootloader) to install twrp. I tried doing it via adb shell (adb reboot bootloader) and all it does is takes me to a blank screen and when I put in "fastboot devices" nothing shows up. Any ideas before I try to find new boards to swap these out with to get a better version of android on them?
Find the new boards, show us all the way!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone adventerous enough to crack thiers open and see if you could upgrade the hardware? Simply link a newer phone to the screen?
    I have 3 of them. Android 4 just isn't going to allow too much for me, but if there's a potential for swapping out the board that would be EPIC.