• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Unlocking and Rooting AT&T LG V10 H900?

Search This thread

kotafoxx

Jan 24, 2014
Has anyone looked into the at&T variant yet? I'm having troubles getting into the bootloader and into stock recovery. I want to unlock so I can test whether anything for the h901 works with the h900 ( and eventually get on stock 6.0. This DPI is driving me nuts). I've tried all the button combos I've read and could think of, and adb reboot bootloader just reboots back into Android. I don't think AT&T is pulling what Verizon is, since I have the 'OEM unlock' option in dev options. So, there's gotta be some way to do it... Hopefully we can get this guy figured out

Reactions: darrenh1969

professorpoptart

Jul 7, 2010
T get to stock recovery I used a trick we had to use for the OUYA. I send an "Alt+Sysrq+i" command with a keyboard via OTG, on boot at the LG logo. Holding "alt+sysrq" then tap "i" 5 or 6 times and it will load into recovery. I was hoping once there I could do something like "adb/fastboot reboot booloader". But couldnt get adb to see the device. I think there is some auto repair script that's running, hard to tell since there is no feedback on the screen other then the recovery icon. But after 3-4 minutes it reboots goes through the "app upgrade dialog".

For the EOM unlock option, I noticed that it never does actually check in the box after you select "enable". Maybe look at the log cat and see if we can find some app/process messing with it?

Haven't opened the thing up yet, but maybe see if we can throw some commands at it while its in recovery via UART pins with serial to usb (bus pirate)?

sharky481232

Aug 30, 2010
San Antonio,TX
I have successfully booted into download mode but unfortunately ADB and Fastboot dont work. I did also manage to get into the factory reset screen with the hard buttons. I am backing up my phone right now and gonna see if maybe it'll take me to recovery instead of actually wiping the whole device. Maybe even check if ADB works on the screen I will share my findings once I've made sure it won't harm anyones device doing this.

I just realised I have a fresh install on laptop and my ADB might be the older version cause it was downloaded from synaptics manager. I'll be home later this evening and ill mess around with it. I am downloading android SDK tools for Linux right now so lets hope thats what it was.

Last edited:
Reactions: newportkart17

RobertVanHagar

Sep 29, 2010
Tunica
I have successfully booted into download mode but unfortunately ADB and Fastboot dont work. I did also manage to get into the factory reset screen with the hard buttons. I am backing up my phone right now and gonna see if maybe it'll take me to recovery instead of actually wiping the whole device. Maybe even check if ADB works on the screen I will share my findings once I've made sure it won't harm anyones device doing this.

I just realised I have a fresh install on laptop and my ADB might be the older version cause it was downloaded from synaptics manager. I'll be home later this evening and ill mess around with it. I am downloading android SDK tools for Linux right now so lets hope thats what it was.
How'd you manage to do that? I've tried a combination of buttons, but nothing.

sharky481232

Aug 30, 2010
San Antonio,TX

Download mode - power off device completely, hold down volume up and plug usb in to PC.

Factory Reset - power off device, hold down volume down, hold down power and let go of power button once LG logo comes on but hold volume down, it'll reboot twice I think and then take you to factory reset screen.

newportkart17

Dec 6, 2015
Download mode - power off device completely, hold down volume up and plug usb in to PC.

Factory Reset - power off device, hold down volume down, hold down power and let go of power button once LG logo comes on but hold volume down, it'll reboot twice I think and then take you to factory reset screen.

Really hope you find the work around. Alot of people say at&t isnt going to allow rooting of new devices.......if theres a will theres a way!good luck

betovanbuuren

Apr 22, 2011
Guadalajara
I have this h900 but when looking for the 10f update, in the update center,it shows that im in the latest version, im in 10d and afaik there are some people with the 10f version that fixed the finger print scanner.. How to get this update?

SKnight2k

Jan 5, 2016
I have this h900 but when looking for the 10f update, in the update center,it shows that im in the latest version, im in 10d and afaik there are some people with the 10f version that fixed the finger print scanner.. How to get this update?

I have the same problem with my AT&T H900. I'm on 90009e and wanted 90010f. AT&T Tech support couldn't get it to upgrade either which I find very odd. We really need some phone mastermind to unlock the secrets of the AT&T LG V10 H900. I'm unable to get it into download mode or unlock the boot loader either.

Thanks,

Silver

brentsalinas714

Dec 12, 2010
HTC glacier
T get to stock recovery I used a trick we had to use for the OUYA. I send an "Alt+Sysrq+i" command with a keyboard via OTG, on boot at the LG logo. Holding "alt+sysrq" then tap "i" 5 or 6 times and it will load into recovery. I was hoping once there I could do something like "adb/fastboot reboot booloader". But couldnt get adb to see the device. I think there is some auto repair script that's running, hard to tell since there is no feedback on the screen other then the recovery icon. But after 3-4 minutes it reboots goes through the "app upgrade dialog".

For the EOM unlock option, I noticed that it never does actually check in the box after you select "enable". Maybe look at the log cat and see if we can find some app/process messing with it?

Haven't opened the thing up yet, but maybe see if we can throw some commands at it while its in recovery via UART pins with serial to usb (bus pirate)?

Hmmm that's wiered because mine has stayed checked since I got the phone,although I don't t think it matters since it isn't unlocked. What's funny is i don't know why you can check it if bootloader is locked, I'm still lost on that one .

Attachments

• 1452023930392.jpg
    1452023930392.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 3,100
Last edited:

TonyStark

Retired Moderator - R.I.P.
May 20, 2008
Malibu Point
Has anyone looked into the at&T variant yet? I'm having troubles getting into the bootloader and into stock recovery. I want to unlock so I can test whether anything for the h901 works with the h900 ( and eventually get on stock 6.0. This DPI is driving me nuts). I've tried all the button combos I've read and could think of, and adb reboot bootloader just reboots back into Android. I don't think AT&T is pulling what Verizon is, since I have the 'OEM unlock' option in dev options. So, there's gotta be some way to do it... Hopefully we can get this guy figured out
This has been asked and answered here

ajgraven

Sep 27, 2014
How to get into stock recovery

1) Enable USB dubugging
2) Plug phone into computer
3) Set USB connection type to MTP
-Now the "USB debugging connected" notification should appear.
4) Entering "sudo adb reboot recovery" into the terminal will reboot you into the stock recovery.
Note: Entering "sudo adb reboot bootloader" will only reboot your phone...
Using: at&t LG V10
Model Number: LG-H900
Android Version: 5.1.1
Build Number: LMY47V

Computer OS: Ubuntu 15.10

Last edited:

TXT930

Sep 3, 2013
in case you are subscribed to this thread go here..... http://forum.xda-developers.com/att-lg-v10/general/root-lg-h900-real-tot-make-tungkick-t3336317/post65864734#post65864734

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yup, rooted on my Att V10 with xposed, adaway, flux, removed bloatware and titanium backup.
    Worked pretty smooth as well.
    Link to the thread on XDA
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/att...e-tungkick-t3336317/post65870954#post65870954