Unlocking Bootloader - "Failed to get unlock data."

Search This thread

LinearMotion

Jan 22, 2022
Hey all,

I am trying to unlock my bootloader for my Motorola One 5g Ace using the instructions on Motoroala's website.

I am following all the instructions am getting the following error message "Failed to get unlock data." after running the terminal command "fastboot oem get_unlock_data". Is there anyway to solve this?

My phone data:

Model Number: XT2113-2

Hardware Version: pvt

Software Variant: t

Software Channel: T-Mobile

Quick Build Number QZKS30.Q4-40-95-4

I have done a fresh factory reset and both OEM unlocking and USB debugging are enabled.

BTK19

Jan 25, 2021
Earth
Amazon Fire TV
Nexus 6
Hey all,

I am trying to unlock my bootloader for my Motorola One 5g Ace using the instructions on Motoroala's website.

I am following all the instructions am getting the following error message "Failed to get unlock data." after running the terminal command "fastboot oem get_unlock_data". Is there anyway to solve this?

My phone data:

Model Number: XT2113-2

Hardware Version: pvt

Software Variant: t

Software Channel: T-Mobile

Quick Build Number QZKS30.Q4-40-95-4

I have done a fresh factory reset and both OEM unlocking and USB debugging are enabled.
Have you enabled developer options and turned on allow bootloader to be unlocked and usb debugging in there

LinearMotion

Jan 22, 2022
Yes I have allowed the bootloader to be unlocked by enabling OEM unlocking in the developer settings and I have also enabled usb debugging. I followed that guide and everything worked up until step 10: Run 'fastboot oem get_unlock_data' where I get the following:

c:\platform-tools>fastboot oem get_unlock_data
(bootloader) Failed to get unlock data.
OKAY [ 0.008s]
Finished. Total time: 0.008s

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Yes I have allowed the bootloader to be unlocked by enabling OEM unlocking in the developer settings and I have also enabled usb debugging. I followed that guide and everything worked up until step 10: Run 'fastboot oem get_unlock_data' where I get the following:

c:\platform-tools>fastboot oem get_unlock_data
(bootloader) Failed to get unlock data.
OKAY [ 0.008s]
Finished. Total time: 0.008s
Which cid does it have?
Code:
fastboot getvar cid