unlocking bootloader for Alcatel 1B

Search This thread

chazzamo

Jun 1, 2021
I have an alcatel 1b which I am trying to install Magisk and TWRP on (any decent guides on that would be appreciated).
I'm told I first need to unlock the bootloader.

I am on a mac so I have installed ADB via homebrew

If I run
Code:
adb devices
, the device shows up.
I then run
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
and the device boots up into a screen which says "fastboot mode" at the top
I then try
Code:
fastboot oem unlock
and get
Code:
FAILED (remote: 'unknown command')
fastboot: error: Command failed

I tried
Code:
fastboot flashing unlock
and
Code:
fastboot oem unlock-go
and
Code:
fastboot oem get_unlock_code
and get the same response.

I also tried
Code:
ADB fastboot flashing unlock
and got
Code:
ADB: unknown command fastboot

If I enter recovery mode and then select "enter fastboot" I get a different screen with big red text saying "fastbootd" at the top.
If I then try
Code:
fastboot oem unlock
I get
Code:
FAILED (remote: 'Command not supported in default implementation')
fastboot: error: Command failed

Anybody know what I'm doing wrong/what I can do to get past this?

jjklemenz

May 7, 2012
calgary
LineageOS
Moto E5
same here its because the bootloader is not unlocked and queries all say it is we need a backup or pull of someones boot.img to make a magisk boot img for our particular phone (seoul tct alcatel 5002s 1b) greatly appreciated if i could get a copy of that

Reactions: tiptop87

KashiNEC

Nov 10, 2021
Márnice
Its not yet possible to unlock the bootloader. For the past year i worked hard to figure this phone out. All of that lead to this

new link down below, the original file had alcatel protection not removed causing imei loss

that file contains firmware, flash tools and has intstructions on how to restore a lost imei.
Hope it helps you. You can also try to look at the bootloader file and try to unlock the phone.
If you need anything more feel free to dirrect message

Last edited:
Reactions: Alain+

Alain+

Apr 10, 2021
Its not yet possible to unlock the bootloader. For the past year i worked hard to figure this phone out. All of that lead to this
that file contains firmware, flash tools and has intstructions on how to restore a lost imei.
Hope it helps you. You can also try to look at the bootloader file and try to unlock the phone.
Where is the firehose loader.bin file located? 🤔

Last edited:

Alain+

Apr 10, 2021
I have noticed that in other devices they manage to unlock the bootloader through the EDL mode, who removes and needs to perform Test Point or needs more than that, for example a special EDL cable may be necessary, this morning I was trying to backup my Stock ROM with the Inferno Unitool, the funny thing is that it recognized the port but I don't know, it seemed that something else was missing, in the end I ended up flashing the @KashiNEC ROM with the guide of your audit. I'm still interested in installing GSI to at least get an upgrade to A12, I won't give up in the meantime.

KashiNEC

Nov 10, 2021
Márnice
I have noticed that in other devices they manage to unlock the bootloader through the EDL mode, who removes and needs to perform Test Point or needs more than that, for example a special EDL cable may be necessary, this morning I was trying to backup my Stock ROM with the Inferno Unitool, the funny thing is that it recognized the port but I don't know, it seemed that something else was missing, in the end I ended up flashing the @KashiNEC ROM with the guide of your audit. I'm still interested in installing GSI to at least get an upgrade to A12, I won't give up in the meantime.
For now its is not possible to unlock. Alcatel/TCL have clearly thought of someone dumping the system and have taken measures. boot partition doesnt contain the usual "unlock" stuff and bootloader seems to be modified and needs to be signed for the phone to accept it. The only thing you can do is upgrade to the newer russian version of the firmware by changing traceability.bin. But theres a little bit of hope. The bootloader makes a few references to a "secret key" and that it needs to be updated. If we can somehow get the secret key, we can unlock

• Wow
Reactions: keemi

Alain+

Apr 10, 2021
😕 This device is full of secrets everywhere, it obviously looks like a safe.
IMG_20220813_130403.jpg

There were days when I knew there was an engineer mode, however I didn't know how to access that corner, until with the utility shown in the image, I also got the code: *#*#825364 #*#* although not much can be done with this...

Last edited:

KashiNEC

Nov 10, 2021
Márnice
😕 This device is full of secrets everywhere, it obviously looks like a safe.
View attachment 5685055

There were days when I knew there was an engineer mode, however I didn't know how to access that corner, until with the utility shown in the image, I also got the code: *#*#825364 #*#* although not much can be done with this...
Interesting discovery. I think i got how to unlock bootloader now. There is a hidden app on this device called TCL TOKEN. It enables you to unlock bootloader, but requires a valid connection. I couldnt get it to connect :(

• Sad
Reactions: Alain+

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Same issue here!?
    same here its because the bootloader is not unlocked and queries all say it is we need a backup or pull of someones boot.img to make a magisk boot img for our particular phone (seoul tct alcatel 5002s 1b) greatly appreciated if i could get a copy of that

new link down below, the original file had alcatel protection not removed causing imei loss

I made an error zipping the file. New link here
    It is in description ;)
    *firehose included*