Unlocking bootloader immediately

Search This thread

afigienas

Dec 26, 2011
Confirmed , bought mi9 today tried this version of tool and.....its unlocked immediately

And you created xiaomi account only now when got phone? I think wait is needed for new accounts only. Because i have 7 days wait time and it says do not add new xiaomi account to phone or you will wait again. So this is related to account NOT phone.

schlagg

Feb 12, 2008
So,
I used to have a Redmi Note 4 (mido) unlocked with an mi account.

Recently I get an used Mi9 from a friend, which was not unlocked.

I used the classic way for unlocking, with the Last Version of mi unlock and my old mi account (at least 3 years) and it unlocked my Mi 9 instantly.

extrabigmehdi

Aug 9, 2011
I guess I'll have to wait too. :cry:

NOPE.JPG

pyrohalo90

Aug 3, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
XIaomi is becoming bullsh*t! My account was registered for unlocking 5-6 Years ago. It doesn't allow me to unlock more than 1 devices in a month!

Edit: I'm using Poco X3 now. Previously unlocked Mi8 but it did unlocks instantly without any wait.

1613157168975.png

truelies1

Aug 14, 2011
Bootloader unlocked after only 3 days !

I got my Xiaomi Mi 9T the 8th April and I tried to unlock it : 168 hours left. I came here to find a solution but no one worked so I checked everyday how time left I had and it finally unlocked. I can't tell how, I just used my phone normally. Good luck there !

How long did you "finally unlocked"?

gsausalito

Oct 21, 2008
Santiago de Compostela
Hi:

My experience, right now:

When unlocking bootloader of a used xiaomi mi mix 2s i have received today, using last version of mi unlock (miflash_unlock-en-5.5.224.24) i get "Please unlock 168 hours later" message when using my eternal xiaomi account.

Seems Xiaomi is limiting the number of devices i can unlock using this account so I've created a new account associated to a new telephone number and i could unlock the bootloader using the same miflash_unlock version.

I suppose the limit is monthly because it was the third xiaomi device i tried to unlock with the xiaomi accout i use always and last one i couldn't until i changed the account.

Hope it can help.

fermthe

Mar 6, 2019
Hi all! :D

I got this nice phone yesterday. I made a Mi account about 3 month ago, hoping that when i get the phone i can unlock it immediately. Sadly, MiFlash Unlock said that "You need to wait 360 hours..." etc.

But i found a way that could unlock immediately. :good:

- First of all, you need to download latest MiFlash Unlock. Get it here. (You need to update it in the app itself, just to be sure you have the latest version.)
- Sign in, Install latest drivers, connect Mi account & device etc.
- Go for unlocking, to the point where it says "You need to wait..."

Now the fun part:
I was reading guides and stuff in this forum, where i found a thread about 360 hours of waiting. There was a comment by @arddy1 (Thank you) which solved this issue.

- Download this MiFlash Unlock tool (This is an older version.)
- Sign in, go for unlocking (It'll still wipe everything so make backups)
- Reboot
- Enjoy :D

It's not 100% working but you can give it a try.

Hope i helped! Happy flashing :good:
great info thanks very much

frag_array

Aug 13, 2021
Great guide, but not worked for me.
Whit the lastest version fo mi unlock y have to wait, whit the version you provided us y give an error called "-1".
Any help?

osys

Nov 28, 2019
This is my last Xiaomi phone. Wait to unlock the device that I own and payed money is an overcome. I guess going underground these days is the right choice. Can someone advice good rooted unlocked etc phone to buy? I can root myselft but I DONT WANT TO WAIT 7 DAYS for this. Bullshit, f*ck Xiaomi.

osys

Nov 28, 2019
F*ck this Xiaomi once and forever. They sell device that you don't own, what's the reason to buy? (retorical question)

x3r0.13urn

Nov 1, 2012
XIaomi is becoming bullsh*t! My account was registered for unlocking 5-6 Years ago. It doesn't allow me to unlock more than 1 devices in a month!

Edit: I'm using Poco X3 now. Previously unlocked Mi8 but it did unlocks instantly without any wait.

View attachment 5219649
Devices that was released more than 2 years old is usually granted to be unlocked immediately. No wonder your Mi 8 was unlocked immediately.
For anyone who's late to this, there is no need to wait for unlocking for redmi note 4. I created new mi account and in less than five minutes unlocked bootloader with latest mi unlock tool.
Same. It's released in 2017.
Do I own my Android device? And do not!
View attachment 5513739
Mi unlock is the only way. You don't like it? Try new Oneplus or Pixel, they grant unlock immediately after you buy them.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all! :D

I got this nice phone yesterday. I made a Mi account about 3 month ago, hoping that when i get the phone i can unlock it immediately. Sadly, MiFlash Unlock said that "You need to wait 360 hours..." etc.

But i found a way that could unlock immediately. :good:

- First of all, you need to download latest MiFlash Unlock. Get it here. (You need to update it in the app itself, just to be sure you have the latest version.)
    - Sign in, Install latest drivers, connect Mi account & device etc.
    - Go for unlocking, to the point where it says "You need to wait..."

Now the fun part:
    I was reading guides and stuff in this forum, where i found a thread about 360 hours of waiting. There was a comment by @arddy1 (Thank you) which solved this issue.

- Download this MiFlash Unlock tool (This is an older version.)
    - Sign in, go for unlocking (It'll still wipe everything so make backups)
    - Reboot
    - Enjoy :D

It's not 100% working but you can give it a try.

Hope i helped! Happy flashing :good:
    Hi guys is there any mirrors for the mi unlock tool? It's not downloading from the official site :(
    If still needed :

miflash_unlock_en_3.3.827.31
    or
    miflash_unlock-en-2.2.624.14

Extract and run de miflash_unlock.exe
    You don't need to make a request?
    Because I've read somewhere that you need to make a request for permission from Xiaomi (for some Xiaomi devices like Redmi 3 Pro, Mi 5, etc) to unlock the bootloader.
    I'm a little bit confused, is Mi 9 a different case or it's just the same but you have to wait 360 hours to be able to make request?

Sorry, I thought you were asking if you could do it before having the phone. You can't. Yes, you create an account, hook the phone up to computer while in bootloader, run their program and make your request. Wait for 360 hours.
    I just try to unlock and got 168hours message. After one week, what are the steps I need to follow? will my device got clear itself, do I need to try to unlock by connecting to the same PC and open Mi Unlock program again? maybe something else?

Before trying to unlock make sure you've enabled unlocking in the developer settings.

--Plug it in to PC
    --run miunlock
    --it will complete and unlock your device**

**IT WILL WIPE ALL DATA SO BACKUP ANYTHING YOU NEED FIRST

it completely unlocks the bootloader at this point so after this you can go straight to fastboot and flash TWRP and then it's happy flashing time.