• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Unlocking bootloader on T-Mobile phone

Search This thread

pimpmaneaton

Recognized Contributor
For those having issues with the unlock app and having been approved for an unlock. Can you go to Swappa website and check you IMEI and see if anything comes up. I have a permanent unlock approved and pushed but the app says device not recognized by service provider. But I believe that all these units that have been sold don't have IMEI numbers updated in all the right places.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

ledvedder

Feb 15, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
For those having issues with the unlock app and having been approved for an unlock. Can you go to Swappa website and check you IMEI and see if anything comes up. I have a permanent unlock approved and pushed but the app says device not recognized by service provider. But I believe that all these units that have been sold don't have IMEI numbers updated in all the right places.

Here's my results. Screenshot_20190520-224233.jpg

ledvedder

Feb 15, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
T-Mobile support on Twitter got back to me this morning. They say that my unlock request has gone through and is approved. But I'm still getting the error with the unlock app. They want me to do a hard reset. I've already done this once since I got the phone on Saturday. I'd really hate to have to go through an entire setup again.

dr_rick13

Apr 15, 2011
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 6T
T-Mobile support on Twitter got back to me this morning. They say that my unlock request has gone through and is approved. But I'm still getting the error with the unlock app. They want me to do a hard reset. I've already done this once since I got the phone on Saturday. I'd really hate to have to go through an entire setup again.

They're telling me same thing man. She said their engineers say their servers dont receive the request for unlock.
it appears to be a communication issue, anybody try getting a new sim from tmobile?

mackentosh

Jun 30, 2010
Orlando FL.

Did you reset it after they said it was approved?

vwgti18

Apr 28, 2011
Sacramento
I just talked to t-mobile chat, they were able to do it for me in less in 5 min. I said that I was going out of the country for a couple months(which is true), there was no other questions asked and my phone is unlocked now.

Top Liked Posts