Unlocking bootloader on T-Mobile phone

Search This thread

photolarry

Jan 17, 2010
Los Angeles CA
Is there some binary I need? I've heard different things but unsure how to get OEM switch to light up versus greyed out. I'm new to this brand. I'm told you must wait 45 days? There are no custom ROM yet so not needed I guess but I'm curious nevertheless.

G

GuestK00177

Is there some binary I need? I've heard different things but unsure how to get OEM switch to light up versus greyed out. I'm new to this brand. I'm told you must wait 45 days? There are no custom ROM yet so not needed I guess but I'm curious nevertheless.

Simunlock=OEM unlock not greyed out

Read OnePlus 6t threads on TMobile conversion to educate you.

savage25rcracer

Apr 21, 2008

Call in to Customer Service and make up some story on how you will be out of the country for 3+ months and will need your phone unlocked so you can use it. They will override the wait to unlock it...

Reactions: BotsOne

photolarry

Jan 17, 2010
Los Angeles CA
I will try

Call in to Customer Service and make up some story on how you will be out of the country for 3+ months and will need your phone unlocked so you can use it. They will override the wait to unlock it...
Is there some program they send me that actually does this unlocking? Forgive me but I have not used OnePlus phones yet and am trying to learn this Oxygen OS layer. I basically only wish to root to get root level apps to backup app data etc. The idea that SIM unlock = Bootloader Unlock is very strange. No other equipment works like this. You can SIM unlock without BL unlock. So please educate me. Thanks.

savage25rcracer

Apr 21, 2008
Is there some program they send me that actually does this unlocking? Forgive me but I have not used OnePlus phones yet and am trying to learn this Oxygen OS layer. I basically only wish to root to get root level apps to backup app data etc. The idea that SIM unlock = Bootloader Unlock is very strange. No other equipment works like this. You can SIM unlock without BL unlock. So please educate me. Thanks.
If you have a T-Mobile version... There is an app on it named "unlock", it's controlled through there. If not T-Mobile then I do not know.

phab3k

Jun 2, 2013

there is an unlock app on your phone called "Unlock"

sabrdawg

If you use the Unlock app, chances are it will tell you that your device cannot be unlocked because it is not yet paid for in full (that is, if you're financing it). You're best off contacting T-Mobile Help on Twitter :)

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

Ok, giving it a try for the 7 Pro as I speak...I'm messaging T-Mobile Help now :)

savage25rcracer

Apr 21, 2008
Well, this particular rep didn't do a darn thing to try and unlock my SIM :( Trying another rep later on...

Twitter and tmobile chat on their website too...

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Well, this particular rep didn't do a darn thing to try and unlock my SIM :( Trying another rep later on...

Make it seem urgent but not pushy or arrogant.

ScottOtis

Jul 11, 2016
Well, the rep makes ALL the difference! I just tried another one, and they said since I've been with them for 10 years, they'd bypass the requirement! I'm SIM unlocked now! WHOO!!! :D

Damn I guess I got very lucky. I just opened my Tmobile account last week, and I'm still paying off the phone lol

I talked to the rep and they claim to have done it. But it is failing inside the UNLOCK app. She needs to get them to call me tomorrow. But apparently it is unlocked just the app wont do it. I dunno why.

"Device not recognized by your service provider. Please call customer care."
I'm getting the same error in the app.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts