Question Unlocking device

Search This thread

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
So after logging in to https://i.mi.com/?_locale=en, I only had my redmi note 7, so I deleted it, and did as you said, I went to Setting>Accounts & Sync. But the only options I found there was Auto-sync data, which was off so I turned it on, and Sync now, which I did. But even after that, my Poco X3 Pro still doesn't show up in https://i.mi.com/?_locale=en :(

Not quite sure how to deal with this issue though. It can be server side issues.

Turn off Find my device and then turn it on again with internet connected, may also try turn on GPS accurate location.
If this makes device show up, then should be fine.

If this does not work, maybe turn off Find my device function and try unlock this way.

I'm not very sure if the Xiaomi account need to have a mobile number tied to it in their website for that account to be able to unlock bootloader. In the past maybe it's not required, but policies may change.

If still not work, maybe log out both Xiaomi account on PC and phone, try create a new Xiaomi account with mobile phone number, then use that new account to login on both PC and phone.

You might need to request unlock bootloader again, so another 7 days to wait.

Reactions: Ti64CLi++

Ti64CLi++

Jan 8, 2019
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Not quite sure how to deal with this issue though. It can be server side issues.

Turn off Find my device and then turn it on again with internet connected, may also try turn on GPS accurate location.
If this makes device show up, then should be fine.

If this does not work, maybe turn off Find my device function and try unlock this way.

If still not work, maybe log out both Xiaomi account on PC and phone, try create a new Xiaomi account with mobile phone number, then use that new account to login on both PC and phone.

You might need to request unlock bootloader again, so another 7 days to wait.
I'll that, thanks.
But it's weird, if I go on my phone in Xiaomi Cloud>Manage Cloud Data, then View items in the cloud, then I go to Settings, my Poco X3 Pro appears, which is the same as the link you gave me, but if I follow the link with my computer, I can't see my phone...

Do you think that doing a factory reset then trying again might help ?

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
I'll that, thanks.
But it's weird, if I go on my phone in Xiaomi Cloud>Manage Cloud Data, then View items in the cloud, then I go to Settings, my Poco X3 Pro appears, which is the same as the link you gave me, but if I follow the link with my computer, I can't see my phone...

Server side issue. They might not have data synced themselves. They have bugs in their server, but you can't do something with their server, so you can only try what is at your side.

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
@pl1992aw yeah you're right, there seems to be a server side issue as I can't even create a new account, it won't send the confirmation email...

You can try the Chinese unlock tool from here: http://miuirom.xiaomi.com/rom/u1106245679/5.5.224.55/miflash_unlock-5.5.224.55.zip

The unlock tool is in Chinese, but the button should be same or similar order and location. You can use your other phone and translate with Google Translate using camera to read it.

The assumption is that they might have a different server in China which may be working, and the unlock key or something important to decode may be universal, so since you had already requested to unlock bootloader, there's chance it can work with China server.

If it does not work, back to the state you are already at: wait and hope the Global server of Xiaomi will be working.

Another thing to try is late at night when most users around your time zone is inactive, so the Global server might not be heavily traffic loaded.

Last edited:

Ti64CLi++

Jan 8, 2019
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
You can try the Chinese unlock tool from here: http://miuirom.xiaomi.com/rom/u1106245679/5.5.224.55/miflash_unlock-5.5.224.55.zip

The unlock tool is in Chinese, but the button should be same or similar order and location. You can use your other phone and translate with Google Translate using camera to read it.

The assumption is that they might have a different server at China which may be working, and the unlock key or something important to decode may be universal, so since you had already requested to unlock bootloader, there's chance it can work with China server.
I'll try that thanks

biojo

Jul 1, 2011
did you wait 7 days, the xiami unlock tool never gave me a message, but the unofficial using official method gave me count down in hours untill it could work

Ti64CLi++

Jan 8, 2019
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro

The assumption is that they might have a different server in China which may be working, and the unlock key or something important to decode may be universal, so since you had already requested to unlock bootloader, there's chance it can work with China server.

If it does not work, back to the state you are already at: wait and hope the Global server of Xiaomi will be working.

Another thing to try is late at night when most users around your time zone is inactive, so the Global server might not be heavily traffic loaded.
So I tried with the Chinese unlock tool, but I got the same error :(
And in my country it's currently 10PM so it should be late enough
I don't know what to do, I hope waiting will solve the problem.
Perhaps if I try to contact Xiaomi directly they could help me, or at least confirm that it's server side

biojo

Jul 1, 2011
have you enabled everything in guide like phone tracking and both phone and software have same log on?

Ti64CLi++

Jan 8, 2019
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
have you enabled everything in guide like phone tracking and both phone and software have same log on?
Yes and I did it again like five or six time through this thread, so I don't think the problem comes from that.
I may try again tomorrow to be sure, by doing every step even the register account which will cost me 7 days to be sure.
But I'm still wondering if a factory reset could solve the issue...

Ti64CLi++

Jan 8, 2019
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Maybe, try and error.

Each attempt has a chance, more than nothing.
Thanks a lot for all your help. I did a factory reset, then followed your tuto once again, and this time it worked, I got the message telling me to wait 168h !
1627641727473.png

I don't know if it's because Xiaomi repaired their global servers or if it is really the factory reset that fixed it, but anyway, it worked !!
Once again, thanks a lot for taking the time to help me through this too long topic :)

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
Thanks a lot for all your help. I did a factory reset, then followed your tuto once again, and this time it worked, I got the message telling me to wait 168h !
View attachment 5374215
I don't know if it's because Xiaomi repaired their global servers or if it is really the factory reset that fixed it, but anyway, it worked !!
Once again, thanks a lot for taking the time to help me through this too long topic :)

Glad it is working now.

The reason is unknown, maybe some of your apps or something you did interfere the unlock process without your intention, like adblockers or VPN or something else.

Personally will suggest to try not to use the phone until after unlocked. You can power off it and wait. Any adjustment to the phone may have chance interfering the unlock process.

Ti64CLi++

Jan 8, 2019
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Glad it is working now.

The reason is unknown, maybe some of your apps or something you did interfere the unlock process without your intention, like adblockers or VPN or something else.

Personally will suggest to try not to use the phone until after unlocked. You can power off it and wait. Any adjustment to the phone may have chance interfering the unlock process.
Thanks for the suggestion, since I still have my old phone, I may do as you said.
I'll be back in a week :D

Rhaegar85

Oct 26, 2014
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
View attachment 5374215
Just make sure three things : Don't sign out of MI account on the phone.
Don't again go to the developer settings/OEM unlock option, that will reset the timer.
And most important don't use auto optimize option of the Security app. It considers developer option enabled as a threat to the device, so you click optimize and it disables the developer settings causing reset to the OEM unlock option as well. Do you think that's what happened the first time?

Ti64CLi++

Jan 8, 2019
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Just make sure three things : Don't sign out of MI account on the phone.
Don't again go to the developer settings/OEM unlock option, that will reset the timer.
And most important don't use auto optimize option of the Security app. It considers developer option enabled as a threat to the device, so you click optimize and it disables the developer settings causing reset to the OEM unlock option as well. Do you think that's what happened the first time?
I'm pretty sure any of that didn't happened. I'm well aware of the timer being reset by disabling/reenabling oem unlock, so I'm always careful not to reset that.
I didn't do any weird manipulation that could have triggered this behaviour, that's why I didn't want to do the factory reset before.
Anyway, now it's solved, I'll be very careful :)

Reactions: Rhaegar85

Rhaegar85

Oct 26, 2014
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
I'm pretty sure any of that didn't happened. I'm well aware of the timer being reset by disabling/reenabling oem unlock, so I'm always careful not to reset that.
I didn't do any weird manipulation that could have triggered this behaviour, that's why I didn't want to do the factory reset before.
Anyway, now it's solved, I'll be very careful :)
All good mate and just a heads up, keep a microSD or USBotg handy, just in case. 😄

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    I'm trying to unlock my device, and everything went right until the Unlock part in the Mi Flash Unlock tool.
    I got this message, and I don't know what it means :
    View attachment 5370627
    Could someone help me please ?

Thank you in advance,
    Ti64CLi++

Follow my guide:
    https://xdaforums.com/t/4288121/

The cause is unknown. I had wrote many things you need be ware of to successfully unlock bootloader, and the unlock tool you used was the old one.

You can use Google Translate app using camera to translate it.

Google translate:
    The phone has been locked by the account number 632****905 by searching the phone and cannot be unlocked.
    And now I followed your guide, but didn't work either.
    I don't know what to do :(

Sorry, link edited.

Screenshots?

Logout from PC your Xiaomi account. Login again with the new unlock tool version 5.5.224.55

If nothing work, logout Xiaomi account on PC unlock tool and logout from phone as well.

Follow the guide again. You will have to wait another 7 days if you do so.
    And now I followed your guide, but didn't work either.
    I don't know what to do :(

Before log out from your phone, try the unofficial tool to unlock:
    XiaoMiTool (v2)
    https://www.xiaomitool.com/
    Thanks for the link.
    What kind of screenshot do you want? I have the same error, and I used the tool version 5.5.224.55.

Thanks I'll try that, and if it doesn't work, I'll try to log out from both my phone and my laptop

Edit : the link is broken :(

Website is out of order at the moment.

Download from the author github:

Sometimes Xiaomi server will have issues. So in this case, wait for some time and try unlock again.

Bootloader unlock error official solution (Chinese):
    https://www.mi.com/service/special/BL-loc

Translate it with Google Translate.

Screenshots I mean what error this time you get when using the new unlock tool?
    Thanks I downloaded the tool. But I was wondering, is there a tutorial for the procedure with this unofficial tool ? Because I got an error at unlocking the bootloader, and I don't know if it's because I have to do some steps before, like with the official tool, disable all locks, or anything else.

I'll also take a look at the official solution, thanks :)

The unofficial tool uses the same method of the official unlock tool to unlock bootloader.

If both gives you error, either it's temporary error, or some steps you did not fulfill from the phone side.

Go over with my guide and check the details one by one.

Reboot PC and phone.