Unlocking SIM for OnePlus N10 5g

Search This thread

Saleh999

Jun 3, 2022
Hi community, currently working as an android programmer, in the middle east especially in yemen and Iam facing a problem with a OnePlus Nord 10 locked with SIM+bootloader and Iam looking for a solution to unlock them to work with the local carrier here with any solution available.

svistelnikoff

Jun 12, 2013
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
Hello

Are there any updates on that ? Mine cannot be unlocked without previous owner ( TMO )

- are there any proven methods if bootloader unlocked / rooted ?
- are there proven services ?

Thank you

E4tless

Jul 14, 2022
I've been on this same issue (trying to unlock my T-mobile variant of same phone, Oneplus Nord N10 5G) for quite some time now.

What I have successfully done, as prerequisites, are:

1. Unlocked Bootloader
2. Rooted Phone with Magisk
3. Flashed stock rom: Global version
4. Backed up some necessary 'critical partition' files such as boot.img, recovery.img, modem.st1, modem.st1, modem_a and modem_b.

Many people suggested deleting the modem_st1 and modem_st2 files would unlock the sim network.

Well, after the backup, I was able to issue an erase command (which only works in Fastbootd) to erase/delete the 2 files, modemst1 and modemst2.

Unfortunately, that hasn't unlocked the sim network yet. The only thing is has done is to stop the phone from prompting that the sim network is locked and .......

So, that's where I am at with same issue y'all have.

Just thought I'd share to help someone :D

Last edited:

E4tless

Jul 14, 2022
Go to settings then about phone and scroll all the way down you will find the sim unlock toggle I have OnePlus n10 5g metro by T-Mobile I was able to flip the toggle after 60 days
I have flashed Global ROM unto mine so I don't have the T-Mobile stuff anymore...

Are you saying you also deleted modemst1 and modemst2 files from the Critical Partition?

Or are you referring to the normal sim unlock after the official grace period by T-Mobile?

barin69

Dec 18, 2012
I have flashed Global ROM unto mine so I don't have the T-Mobile stuff anymore...

Are you saying you also deleted modemst1 and modemst2 files from the Critical Partition?

Or are you referring to the normal sim unlock after the official grace period by T-Mobile?
Goodmorning, I have this phone locked on T-Mobile...
I changed to BE86AA but it's stil locked! (I used the patched MsmDownloadTool TM2GLOBAL)
Wich Rom you used?
Thanks

PS: There is someone that have the two file BUT from unlocked phone?
modemst1.img
modemst2.img

Some times ago I was able to unlock a Spirit Essential phone PH-1 fhashing these files..

Nov 9, 2022
I've been on this same issue (trying to unlock my T-mobile variant of same phone, Oneplus Nord N10 5G) for quite some time now.

1. Unlocked Bootloader
4. Backed up some necessary 'critical partition' files such as boot.img, recovery.img, modem.st1, modem.st1, modem_a and modem_b.

Many people suggested deleting the modem_st1 and modem_st2 files would unlock the sim network.

Well, after the backup, I was able to issue an erase command (which only works in Fastbootd) to erase/delete the 2 files, modemst1 and modemst2.

Unfortunately, that hasn't unlocked the sim network yet. The only thing is has done is to stop the phone from prompting that the sim network is locked and .......

can you tell me how you were able to flash global rom. Every time I try to flash the global rom using msm it keeps saying param preload error

E4tless

Jul 14, 2022
can you tell me how you were able to flash global rom. Every time I try to flash the global rom using msm it keeps saying param preload error
You need to edit some info in, sort of the "meta-data section, of the settings.xml file found withing the Global ROM. The edit is actually to change those required details to match that of the settings.xml file found in the T-Mobile Rom. Would share another reply with exact details on what to do...

E4tless

Jul 14, 2022
Goodmorning, I have this phone locked on T-Mobile...
I changed to BE86AA but it's stil locked! (I used the patched MsmDownloadTool TM2GLOBAL)
Wich Rom you used?
Thanks

PS: There is someone that have the two file BUT from unlocked phone?
modemst1.img
modemst2.img

Some times ago I was able to unlock a Spirit Essential phone PH-1 fhashing these files..
Would be great to have someone share their modemst1 and st2 files from an unlocked version. Flashing that could just get our phones unlocked, hopefully!

Anybody willing to share your modemst1 and modemst2 files from your unlocked OnePlus Nord N10 5G?

Nov 9, 2022
You need to edit some info in, sort of the "meta-data section, of the settings.xml file found withing the Global ROM. The edit is actually to change those required details to match that of the settings.xml file found in the T-Mobile Rom. Would share another reply with exact details on what to do...
does this require root and I am sorry if I am asking for much, but could you elaborate more on how to do this

E4tless

Jul 14, 2022
does this require root and I am sorry if I am asking for much, but could you elaborate more on how to do this
No, I don't think so since flashing the critical partition is done in fastbootd, which is outside of the actual android operating system environment.

Anyways, all info needed is in this link:
Steps to Flash Global Rom to Tmobile Oneplus Nord N10 5G

This is a video tutorial on YouTube for the MetroPCS version, but works same for the Tmobile version as well:
Unlock Bootloader and Flash Global Rom on Oneplus Nord N10 5G

Nov 9, 2022
No, I don't think so since flashing the critical partition is done in fastbootd, which is outside of the actual android operating system environment.

This is a video tutorial on YouTube for the MetroPCS version, but works same for the Tmobile version as well:
do i need my sim unlocked to use global version rom

Nov 9, 2022

Thanks a lot! I installed the global rom using it and currently, my sim is working. I am not sure if it is because I unlocked my sim temporarily.

yygemmi770

Aug 17, 2021
After reading this thread, it seems we can successfully flash global ROM, but that has no effect on SIM being locked from t-mobile. Every time I try to unlock using the settings, it always kicks back an error. Anyone successfully unlock N10 from t-mobile without using the built in unlock under settings?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1. Unlocked Bootloader